They need to extend the exp. dates on all these FCC's.

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Interesting idea.  So basically book a dummy refundable cruise for late 2021... Then cancel before final payment and the FCC will get re-issued.  Then we can use the re-issued FCC for March 2022.  And smart too for the short cruise so deposit is small (which is basically this FCC).  Thanks....

It will work only in such a case when you know that you will have a cruise 2 years later. Otherwise, you are risking to lose money, time and dont FCC.. which have an expiration date. Anyway, I would suggest going for cash in a situation when you are offered FCC. 

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

It will work only in such a case when you know that you will have a cruise 2 years later. Otherwise, you are risking to lose money, time and dont FCC.. which have an expiration date. Anyway, I would suggest going for cash in a situation when you are offered FCC. 

You only have the option of cash when Royal cancels.  If you cancel it is FCC only

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

That is not an option for those who cancelled before the cruise was actually cancelled. FCC is the only option you have. We cancelled our August cruise right before final payment was due, it ended up being cancelled anyway. But because we cancelled, we had to take the FCC.

Edited by Hammergirl

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

In our case, we have a March 2022 cruise so this would let us apply one to it that we couldn't otherwise have applied.  In our case we cancelled before Royal, so we only had option of FCC (and original was sail by Dec 2021).  

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would probably just go the refund route or move it to something in April (still refundable) that has a better chance of sailing.

Yes. I know that is the right thing to do. I am not sure why I go through these mental exercises sometimes. Probably just wishing I could have a normal cruise in January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes. I know that is the right thing to do. I am not sure why I go through these mental exercises sometimes. Probably just wishing I could have a normal cruise in January.

Yeah, I've finally mentally accepted that we aren't cruising in December even if Royal does by chance sail.  That one is paid in full though so really hoping it is just cancelled so I can get the refund.  Fcc's will become difficult to use up for one of our kids.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can move the cruises without any penalties to any sailing up to April 2022 which gets you an extra 4 months and still keeps you under the Cruise with Confidence as these were booked before Nov 30.  In Jan 2022 just before final payment you could assess  the situation and then if you cancelled the FCC’s would be issued with an expiry date of Jan. 2023 (12 months) 

Good point, thanks. We'll most likely make final payment and hope they cancel.....and if not we'll cancel and take an FCC but we'll wait until the last minute. 

• Like 2

When you bid is it for any cabin in a certain category or can you pick your room?
You can bid for a cabin in any particular category. when they give you the quotes, you choose the best quote (after considering the OBC gifted.)
Phone them and then tell them exactly which cabin number/category you want.

Would also like to see the expiry date extended.  We thought we were being prudent and cancelled our booking on a March 2020 cruise--about three days before Royal scrapped the cruise.  Haven't found anything for 2021 that amuses us.  Don't want to book something just for the sake of using the FCC, but if that's what it takes...

(And, yes, in the larger view of what's going on in the world, this is a "problem" that isn't, really.)

12 minutes ago, jascruise said:

Would also like to see the expiry date extended.  We thought we were being prudent and cancelled our booking on a March 2020 cruise--about three days before Royal scrapped the cruise.  Haven't found anything for 2021 that amuses us.  Don't want to book something just for the sake of using the FCC, but if that's what it takes...

(And, yes, in the larger view of what's going on in the world, this is a "problem" that isn't, really.)

Book a cruise for Dec 2021 using your FCC to pay for the deposit.  This needs to be done before Nov 30.  so that it qualifies under the Cruise with Confidence.  Book a 4 day cruise as the final payment date is 75 days from sailing

You can then cancel (under the cruise with confidence) just before final payment in Oct and the FCC will be reissued with an expiry date of Oct 2022.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Book a cruise for Dec 2021 using your FCC to pay for the deposit.  This needs to be done before Nov 30.  so that it qualifies under the Cruise with Confidence.  Book a 4 day cruise as the final payment date is 75 days from sailing

You can then cancel (under the cruise with confidence) just before final payment in Oct and the FCC will be reissued with an expiry date of Oct 2022.

Curious to see how many times you are going to have to port this idea in the coming year😇

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm going to have to set up a copy/paste document set up with the answers to comon issues

This would be a great idea...!!!

When a question comes up that might apply to me or you've suggested something I at times have to hunt back for the answer.

Or insert myself into an unrelated subject.

• Like 1