They need to extend the exp. dates on all these FCC's.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, Hammergirl said:

My 2 bedroom Aqua on Harmony in August was $14,000 for 4 people. I was expecting a little higher than that for Christmas, but not $52,000.00 Yikes!

I have seen the UFS on Symphony at almost $96,000 for NYE. 

On 10/7/2020 at 3:28 PM, drsel said:

First of all you need to book with an online agent who will give you a much cheaper fare than $52000.

You can try the bidding site where many agencies will offer lower and lower prices and /or OBC, in order to get your business.

What does any of that have to do with the OP's legitimate concern about the expiration of FCC's?

On 10/8/2020 at 7:39 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

No one knows for certain but I'm betting that they will have to extend the FCC's. If not they risk alientating a whole bunch of people and steering them away from their brand......besides, how many people have already used said FCC's for winter 2021 sailings out of the US that will be a no go. 

I have a final payment coming up in two weeks. I can't risk that RCI might extend the expiration date of an FCC so, unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel the cruise instead of paying and then sitting back to see how things pan out.

• Like 2

First, this is an FCC for a canceled cruise that the poster canceled, not RCCL?  Secondly, this is only $1000.00 FCC that can be used on any cruise, including an inside stateroom that holds 4 people, so the poster has lots of choices outside the $52K price tag.  They have choices, not the choices they want, but they certainly have plenty of choices.  

2 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

First, this is an FCC for a canceled cruise that the poster canceled, not RCCL?  Secondly, this is only $1000.00 FCC that can be used on any cruise, including an inside stateroom that holds 4 people, so the poster has lots of choices outside the $52K price tag.  They have choices, not the choices they want, but they certainly have plenty of choices.  

The poster has zero choices if they cannot cruise within 12 months from the date that they cancel the cruise.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a final payment coming up in two weeks. I can't risk that RCI might extend the expiration date of an FCC so, unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel the cruise instead of paying and then sitting back to see how things pan out.

I hear you. We have a final payment coming up next week with a non-refundable deposit of 1500 and we're trying to decide what to do. We have absolutely no intention of cruising in this climate and don't want to L&S because we have no idea if cruising will be safe by this time next year. And by safe I mean cruising with all the recommended precautions in place.....doesn't sound like a fun time to us. Our current options are to cancel and take a 1500 loss, or make the final payment of 1300 (1800 but I'll remove prepaid gratuities before payment) and hope that Royal cancels the cruise (Jan 24) and we get a full refund. We are 90% sure the cruise will be cancelled but you never know, so it's a gamble. 

13 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I hear you. We have a final payment coming up next week with a non-refundable deposit of 1500 and we're trying to decide what to do. We have absolutely no intention of cruising in this climate and don't want to L&S because we have no idea if cruising will be safe by this time next year. And by safe I mean cruising with all the recommended precautions in place.....doesn't sound like a fun time to us. Our current options are to cancel and take a 1500 loss, or make the final payment of 1300 (1800 but I'll remove prepaid gratuities before payment) and hope that Royal cancels the cruise (Jan 24) and we get a full refund. We are 90% sure the cruise will be cancelled but you never know, so it's a gamble. 

I am also booked for Jan 24. Are you on Oasis? And yes, final is next week not in two.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It would only be a loss if you choose not to use the FCC that will be issued for the $1500.

Very true but we'll be at the same place because we have a strong feeling that the precautions will be still be in place by the time the FCC's expire. And in my mind if there are precautions in place than cruising still isn't safe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Very true but we'll be at the same place because we have a strong feeling that the precautions will be still be in place by the time the FCC's expire. And in my mind if there are precautions in place than cruising still isn't safe. 

You can move the cruises without any penalties to any sailing up to April 2022 which gets you an extra 4 months and still keeps you under the Cruise with Confidence as these were booked before Nov 30.  In Jan 2022 just before final payment you could assess  the situation and then if you cancelled the FCC’s would be issued with an expiry date of Jan. 2023 (12 months) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can move the cruises without any penalties to any sailing up to April 2022 which gets you an extra 4 months and still keeps you under the Cruise with Confidence as these were booked before Nov 30.  In Jan 2022 just before final payment you could assess  the situation and then if you cancelled the FCC’s would be issued with an expiry date of Jan. 2023 (12 months) 

So I could pay off Oasis for Jan and shift it to some cruise I may not intend to take before Feb 2022, cancel just before the cruise and get an FCC good into q1 2023? Mostly just hypothetical.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I could pay off Oasis for Jan and shift it to some cruise I may not intend to take before Feb 2022, cancel just before the cruise and get an FCC good into q1 2023? Mostly just hypothetical.

I would do it before paying off the cruise and do it by moving the cruise.  I’m not sure how this strategy would work for cruises that have been lifted and shifted, I’ve heard different things.

is your Oasis a refundable deposit?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The poster has zero choices if they cannot cruise within 12 months from the date that they cancel the cruise.

This is exactly the issue. Because we have 2 kids in 2 different schools with 2 different holiday breaks, we are VERY limited on when we can cruise. We can basically do Christmas or summer. For summer, we can do the last 2 weeks of August because of sports. So we have about 4 weeks a year that we can vacation as a family. 

We (most likely) have the same problem.  We have 1 FCC that expires Dec 2020 (not from covid) and 2 FCCs that expire Dec 2021...and must be applied to a cruise sailing by 2021.

At the moment we have 3 cruises booked for next year so no problem....but it's looking like we might cancel our March cruise if things are still looking the same by final payment.  So that makes 3 FCCs and 2 cruises.  The only way to extend the third FCC is to pay off our March cruise and then cancel before we sail.  Then it would get re-issued for 2022...but even then it doesn't help as our March 2022 cruise is the same week as March 2021 (i.e. march break as coming with kids) so the year out expiry would end too soon.  ....unless the extension is to the end of the month you cancel and not the exact date.  

15 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

The only way to extend the third FCC is to pay off our March cruise and then cancel before we sail.  Then it would get re-issued for 2022...

That won't work.

It is reissued with an expiry date from the day you cancel not the end of the month.

You would need to book another cruise departing before Dec 31, 2021 by Nov. 30, 2020.

When you cancel your March cruise apply the FCC to the one you just booked then cancel the new one a few months later to be able to extend the FCC into 2022 beyond March

Hint:  Book a short cruise ($100 deposit) to apply the FCC to

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

There is no reason for them to extend the duration date for FCC. When you agreed to receive them you basically have signed an agreement to follow all the fcc rules. This is one of the reasons why I support real cash money more 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That won't work.

It is reissued with an expiry date from the day you cancel not the end of the month.

You would need to book another cruise departing before Dec 31, 2021 by Nov. 30, 2020.

When you cancel your March cruise apply the FCC to the one you just booked then cancel the new one a few months later to be able to extend the FCC into 2022 beyond March

Hint:  Book a short cruise ($100 deposit) to apply the FCC to

Interesting idea.  So basically book a dummy refundable cruise for late 2021... Then cancel before final payment and the FCC will get re-issued.  Then we can use the re-issued FCC for March 2022.  And smart too for the short cruise so deposit is small (which is basically this FCC).  Thanks....

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Interesting idea.  So basically book a dummy refundable cruise for late 2021... Then cancel before final payment and the FCC will get re-issued.  Then we can use the re-issued FCC for March 2022.  And smart too for the short cruise so deposit is small (which is basically this FCC).  Thanks....

For FCC's with a sail by date of April 2022 you could do the same and cancel in February (short cruises final payment date is 75 days) and get the FCC extended into 2023

• Thanks 1