When do you think cruising will begin?

molly361

Poll Time When do you think cruising will begin?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think cruising will begin?

• December 2020 Limited short Sailings
    • January 2021
    • February 2021
    • March 2021
    • April 2021
    • Later in 2021

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Why are they face down wit head up?

Idk someone said they dont put covid on their back. 

11 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

I googled Royal cruise restart but find nothing official do you have a link?

I think only Singapore restarting so far, well it's a start.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Face down would be "instant mask"...I should think?   

Correct.  Medical folks say that someone infected with COVID-19 spread droplets both by coughing or passing gas.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Correct.  Medical folks say that someone infected with COVID-19 spread droplets both by coughing or passing gas.

At least when face down...their butt is still covered.  😉   Unless they are wearing one of those "lovely" hospital gowns.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CamaCama said:

@firefly333 where is that photo from?  Looks edited and also no masks on anyone?  Can't be recent.

I got it late last week when they reported those 7 or 8 covid cases on costa. I was following carnival, have one booked and too many ccl shares so I dug into it. This one guy they said was very I'll and took him to a hospital, different port, next port sounds like the other 7 were taken to a pre arranged hotel to quarantine... but removed from the ship.

I've been reading cdc wants the cruiselines to take financial responsibility so I'm assuming the pre arranged hotel for the 7 covid positives to stay in was doing that financial liability to pay for them in italy. All were french nationals. 

Some I heard say the one really sick guy they tried to cover it up, who knows. I've read conflicting accounts. The ship was halted 4 days into the b2b, 2nd leg, supposedly to let people get home because of france closing its borders. Some also think they halted because of the 8 positives. 2 views of why it was halted. But the picture is from last week. Costa guy they reported went to the hospital, then now some say oh, they were asymptomatic... 

They reported the names of the ports/cities. Sorry, the really sick guy was taken off first, at a different city they named that I've never been to, then the other 7. They named both cities but I dont remember. 

Edited by firefly333

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I suspect these guided excursions if you want to call them that will last a very long time. They now have the market cornered maybe for the first time in history.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I heard something about how strict it was to kick them. Gotta have rules or stay home. By enforcing the rules, I think hopefully will make the next family think twice about breaking them. Cant get cruising started if people wouldnt follow simple rules.

Anyone see CNBC yesterday cruise segment. Sounds like some interesting info said. 

Canada added to EU cant fly in list, with possible exception of france? Anyone know details. Canadians now cant fly to italy and take a cruise? 

Canadians can not enter EU countries.

Lots of people here do not wear masks and our numbers are not good. 

Being in the Toronto area versus the USA would make no difference to me - so hence my trip to Hilton Head shortly.

Time is precious and it is slipping away, not hiding in my house.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I got it late last week when they reported those 7 or 8 covid cases on costa. I was following carnival, have one booked and too many ccl shares so I dug into it. This one guy they said was very I'll and took him to a hospital, different port, next port sounds like the other 7 were taken to a pre arranged hotel to quarantine... but removed from the ship.

I've been reading cdc wants the cruiselines to take financial responsibility so I'm assuming the pre arranged hotel for the 7 covid positives to stay in was doing that financial liability to pay for them in italy. All were french nationals. 

Some I heard say the one really sick guy they tried to cover it up, who knows. I've read conflicting accounts. The ship was halted 4 days into the b2b, 2nd leg, supposedly to let people get home because of france closing its borders. Some also think they halted because of the 8 positives. 2 views of why it was halted. But the picture is from last week. Costa guy they reported went to the hospital, then now some say oh, they were asymptomatic... 

They reported the names of the ports/cities. Sorry, the really sick guy was taken off first, at a different city they named that I've never been to, then the other 7. They named both cities but I dont remember. 

I mean where did you get it?  Where's the link?  Medical folks taking a known covid patient off without masks or protective gear and people all around them with no masks... the photo doesn't fit the times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CamaCama said:

I mean where did you get it?  Where's the link?  Medical folks taking a known covid patient off without masks or protective gear and people all around them with no masks... the photo doesn't fit the times.

I'd have to look for the picture again.

I googled it, no picture but here is the story about the man taken off the ship by ambulance. First google link I found easily.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/10/articles/disease/costa-diadema-passenger-with-covid-19-disembarked-in-naples-italy/

It also mentions what I said above about seemingly 2 stories about several things. .. including the guy's condition. I've even read mention of a cover up regarding this patient. I can google more, but you can see first story i find says story seems confusing.

Last sentence ..."But Costa did not mention that another passenger, the 78 year old French guest, has already been disembarked to the hospital in Naples for treatment of COVID-19."

so not just the picture odd ... 

20201022_073910504.jpeg

20201022_074440456.jpeg

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd have to look for the picture again.

I googled it, no picture but here is the story about the man taken off the ship by ambulance. First google link I found easily.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/10/articles/disease/costa-diadema-passenger-with-covid-19-disembarked-in-naples-italy/

It also mentions what I said above about seemingly 2 stories about several things. .. including the guy's condition. I've even read mention of a cover up regarding this patient. I can google more, but you can see first story i find says story seems confusing.

Last sentence ..."But Costa did not mention that another passenger, the 78 year old French guest, has already been disembarked to the hospital in Naples for treatment of COVID-19."

so not just the picture odd ...

I'm not doubting the story, just the photo.  Wondering why you posted it in connection with this.

2 hours ago, CamaCama said:

I'm not doubting the story, just the photo.  Wondering why you posted it in connection with this.

I thought the guys name showed who posted it in connection to the story. One of the cruise bloggers. Would it matter to you which one? As you seem to think he posted a fake picture.

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought the guys name showed who posted it in connection to the story. One of the cruise bloggers. Would it matter to you which one? As you seem to think he posted a fake picture.

I watched the Travelling with Bruce youtube video you posted and didn't see that picture... I'm only curious because it goes against everything I've seen lately.

28 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

It looks like December for Carnival is a go. All approved by the judge.

??? They cut down from 60 to 30 days having to get ships inspected before they can leave from the usa. All ships of carnival corp. have to be inspected to cruise from usa. Now I'm seeing talk of not having the back up parts needed to pass inspection. Idk anyone who believes carnival will get inspections done on time.

Some follow this poster who either works on the ship or somehow knows. I've seen his connection but honestly forget why he has inside track. Chengkp75. You might want to follow his posts about carnival resuming. He says he has no sympathy for carnival as they have known for a long time and could have ordered parts pre covid. 

20201022_150136571.jpeg

19 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I really doubt that ALL Carnival ships must pass inspection before they are allow to start. makes no sense at all.

Just the ones that want to sail out of the usa. Agree. Not all. But all under carnival corp umbrella. Hal princess etc. 

I just want them to get some inspections passed so they can start some ships. Trying to find the link where this judge overruled and once inspected judge will review within 30 days instead of 60. 

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/10/17/judge-in-ocean-pollution-case-wont-make-it-easy-for-carnival-to-resume-cruise-operations/

20201022_153802.jpg