Mask Policy - Sunbathing

zjc

5 hours ago, Olympian said:

Here's a question for the pro mask crowd.  Would you wear it on a cruise if the cruise lines  / CDC did not mandate it?

Yes. For the same reason that I would wear a N95 mask in a store and wear a glove when using a gas pump. It’s all about me. 

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I see both sides of that argument.  I have a hard time wearing a mask for a long time and have lost track of how many different kinds I have tried.  I do wear one though anytime I am in public and will continue to wear one due to my pre existing condition and those of my family.

Same here, my only real problem is glasses fogging. If I can help, I'm fine with it

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Same here, my only real problem is glasses fogging. If I can help, I'm fine with it

John, my wife is a school teacher and has to wear a mask all day (and wouldn't step in the building without it).  She was having the same problem.  She found 2 things from this article helped.  

1. Soap and water 

2. Uses her glasses to hold the top of her mask

Maybe something will help you out. 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-to-keep-your-glasses-fog-free-while-wearing-a-mask/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lr657 said:

All your arguing and complaining will not change things. I'm sure most people prefer not to have these guidelines, but are mature enough (Really??)

As I said before, I realize they needed figure out what they were doing in February but I was already ahead of them on MASKS!! And the CDC not wanting cruising returning until March 2021 has me struggling to believe they're taking these Royal Caribbean's guidelines serious! Yeah, at least one ship should be ready for the water now, right?? This flyer is not going to be the REAL DEAL in 6 months. And yes it is ALL about getting more of you putting down more DEPOSITS!!

(Seriously the corporate greed has been an issue for this company for quite some time starting with their ridiculously downgrades and reliance on gimicks. I'm no longer any more Loyal to Royal than Loyal to Royal is loyal to me!!).

8 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

(Seriously the corporate greed has been an issue for this company for quite some time starting with their ridiculously downgrades and reliance on gimicks. I'm no longer any more Loyal to Royal than Loyal to Royal is loyal to me!!).

Why you feel a need to constantly belittle Royal after your Vision cruise was cancelled is beyond me.  You're constantly stating that you will go with another cruise line.  Why haven't you?  Why are you still on the Royal board?  The other lines have their boards as well, where you can contribute your vast knowledge. 🙄  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In other words, you don't have to wear a mask when you are exercising, breathing really hard, and blowing your droplets all over the place. I might come back from my next cruise more fit than when I leave home to get to it.

This is so ridiculous. You have to wear a mask at the pool while reading a book but it's ok to huff and puff maskless as you are jogging around the track. How do they plan on enforcing social distancing in the pool?  I'm not sailing anytime soon anyway but this is just stupid.  What I would like to know is what are all of these passengers expecting to do on a cruise if all of these predictions turn out to be true?  You many as well be quarantined if there are no buffets, closed ports of call, organized ship excursions if you make it to port, masks while sitting on deck, capacity, controlled venues and shops on board.  I also wonder if masks would be required while sitting at the pool or at the beach on their private islands?  I think the masks have been working here. we are at a 1.9 percent rate. The places in Brooklyn where there are spikes is all from a group that continues to hold large gatherings and don't wear masks. I'm sure the same is true for the rest of the country where some states still have a higher infection rate as it continues to spread.  If we don't get this under control as a country nobody is sailing from here.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The anti maxers are saying that about all masking, right.

What I like is the snorkel is up high. Maybe above the droplets. 🤔

I'm guessing the aerosols fall.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does that mean it is also safer to eat standing up?

Perhaps I'll invest in stilts.  I could safely navigate the ship above the droplets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

As I said before, I realize they needed figure out what they were doing in February but I was already ahead of them on MASKS!! And the CDC not wanting cruising returning until March 2021 has me struggling to believe they're taking these Royal Caribbean's guidelines serious! Yeah, at least one ship should be ready for the water now, right?? This flyer is not going to be the REAL DEAL in 6 months. And yes it is ALL about getting more of you putting down more DEPOSITS!!

How loyal were you anyway?

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

How do they plan on enforcing social distancing in the pool? 

If we don't get this under control as a country nobody is sailing from here.

Your statement about pools is almost a direct quote of what my wife said, when I showed her the rules. 

We are in a dangerous loop.   A virus that is very contagious, a number of people who don't care, an economic reality that is pulling opposite of public health, governments that are trying to tight rope walk the thin middle line, and public health officials that are trying to get a point across.  Unfortunately there isn't a single truth, there are many truths, and that always leads to arguing.  

If cruising starts now, the reasonable assumption is people will ignore the rules (which are likely not enough to prevent the spread anyway) and there will be a multi-person outbreak.  At that point it will become a mess, and cruising will be worse off than it is now.  On the other side, if they wait until there is a vaccine widely available, the cruise lines may not survive anyways. 

There are so many arguments, because every answer is a bad answer.  My answer is easy, I love cruising, but not at any cost (I won't even cruise at Suite Cost come to think of it).  I'll see you all on board when there is a vaccine or a miracle, but that answer only impacts my wife.  I can't, and have no right, to determine an answer for the rest of you.  I will point out that if you start cruising and allow your personal beliefs to disregard rules, have you thought about what will happen to the vacation choice you are so eager to get back to? 

If my decision to not go turns out to be overly cautious, I have lost a few cruises.  If your decisions to ignore all of this (or part of it) because it isn't real (or that bad) and your wrong, the cruise lines will likely not return.  If you think a whole industry as big as cruising can't die, when was the last time you went in a Block Buster?  Whole industries are shut down all the time for all kinds of reasons. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Cases in Italy are double than at their peak in March but I have yet to hear their cruises being shut down.

Brings to mind two things.  

1. Why would I want to go to Italy given that spike (it is massive)

2. Your statement includes the word "yet"

If it happens to each cruise that leaves or ports in Italy, when will it happen?  

I don't know.

Edit: I certainly think cruising could start again here, just don't know if it will or should.  I still think a large part of why cruising hasn't started is they aren't US companies.   I think the cruise lines in Europe that are sailing are incorporated in EU countries.  I don't think that should be a factor, but it is.

Edited by Domino D

3 minutes ago, Domino D said:

If you think a whole industry as big as cruising can't die, when was the last time you went in a Block Buster?  Whole industries are shut down all the time for all kinds of reasons. 

Trust me I know this first hand.   I lost my job this year after 24 yrs of service from a company that had 140 stores and started up in 1889. Covid didn't take them down. It was the change in buying habits and other sources.  The bigger they are the harder they fall. People are also finding different ways to vacation that aren't so complicated as cruising will be once it starts up.

9 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

You have previously been complaining about Royal on other threads. It probably is time for you to try another cruise line. I wish you luck as if the CDC requires these guidelines to be followed, they will be required on the other cruise lines sailing out of the US also. The cruise lines sailing in Europe also need to follow similar rules. 

Edited by lr657
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Trust me I know this first hand.   I lost my job this year after 24 yrs of service from a company that had 140 stores and started up in 1889. Covid didn't take them down. It was the change in buying habits and other sources.  The bigger they are the harder they fall. People are also finding different ways to vacation that aren't so complicated as cruising will be once it starts up.

Sorry to hear about your job loss.  It's hardest when the company does everything right, and are simply economically evolved out of existence.   I'm 60 and have worked in the hotel industry 30+ years.  I fear that we are about to experience a evolutional change.  Travel habits are going to change even when this is over, and  I'm not sure the industry won't have to change drastically with it.  If any event causes a change in habit, it can become deadly to an industry. 

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Italy doesn't have to deal with the CDC or the PVSA.

But their health ministry had enough regulations in place to thwart Aida from restarting in Germany. MSC and Costa have some pretty tough rules to follow in order to cruise.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

What I would like to know is what are all of these passengers expecting to do on a cruise if all of these predictions turn out to be true?  You many as well be quarantined if there are no buffets, closed ports of call, organized ship excursions if you make it to port, masks while sitting on deck, capacity, controlled venues and shops on board. 

You're obviously not reading the posts here, the diehards are chomping at the bit to get onboard for just such a fun filled vacation.  They claim all they need is a balcony and to "be on a ship".....

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You're obviously not reading the posts here, the diehards are chomping at the bit to get onboard for just such a fun filled vacation.  They claim all they need is a balcony and to "be on a ship".....

Oh!!! They want to in quarantine.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

But their health ministry had enough regulations in place to thwart Aida from restarting in Germany. MSC and Costa have some pretty tough rules to follow in order to cruise.

As they should. If it were up to me I would start cruising in Florida for Florida residents only. The state is completely open and they can drive to port. They can be their own bubble. The rules on the ship will probably be worse than staying home.

29 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Sorry to hear about your job loss.  It's hardest when the company does everything right, and are simply economically evolved out of existence.   I'm 60 and have worked in the hotel industry 30+ years.  I fear that we are about to experience a evolutional change.  Travel habits are going to change even when this is over, and  I'm not sure the industry won't have to change drastically with it.  If any event causes a change in habit, it can become deadly to an industry. 

Our daughter graduated with a degree in hospitality business last December.   She's going back to school for a masters in finance soon, hospitality isn't looking so great for a while 😞

Just now, Domino D said:

Well I do suppose if end up quarantined on a ship, a balcony would be a they way to go.

From here on out a balcony will be the only way I book once cruising resumes. It will be an ocean view. I won't even risk a Boardwalk or Central park balcony.

• Like 2

Just now, bouhunter said:

Our daughter graduated with a degree in hospitality business last December.   She's going back to school for a masters in finance soon, hospitality isn't looking so great for a while 😞

Hospitality can be a lot of things.  I have interns in the summer (normally).  One of the best, bought a barn in the Midwest and does destination weddings.  Last we talked she was doing very well. 

You are never going to be hurt with a Finance Degree of any kind.