Mask Policy - Sunbathing

zjc

8 hours ago, leerobbs said:

I will not wear a mask while sunbathing outside on the deck above the pool in the wind, will not.

The brochures quoted by the OP also say that there will be safety ambassadors around to enforce protocol. This won't be like enforcing chair hogging or kids in the Solarium.

This is the future of their company. If they suffer an outbreak on board, that will set them back for a long, long time.  Just like MSC who kicked off the family who didn't follow the rules off the ship, Royal will have to be as strict.

So, good luck if you are planning on cruising and not following the rules.  Hopefully you will just find a great resort to stay at.

Edited by cured
  • Like 5

Sigh, even nudist who really enjoy their freedom and liberty know to wear the one thing that matters to care for their fellow humans, what is wrong with everyone 🙄

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-masks-nudist-resort-vacation-sandiego-reopen-coronavirus-11593705954

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Sigh, even nudist who really enjoy their freedom and liberty know to wear the one thing that matters to care for their fellow humans, what is wrong with everyone 🙄

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-masks-nudist-resort-vacation-sandiego-reopen-coronavirus-11593705954

People are saying if they don't like the restrictions then they won't go. They are not saying they will go and flaunt the rules. How do you relate that to not caring about fellow humans other than you have been making the same claim here for months now?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, travelhound said:

The key is to have a beer in your hand at all times 🙂

Or a non-alcoholic beverage in your hands at all times when in line for the flowrider or water slides.

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don’t know how they could allow smoking anywhere. You are literally exhaling vapors into the air.

Interesting point.  I did not read anywhere that you could remove your mask to smoke, only eat/drink/or while in the water.  I am sure they would not ban smoking on their ships, especially ones out of Singapore.  So if this was an oversight and smoking is still permitted on the one side of the pool deck, I am sure there will be plenty of happy people with a lit cigarette in their hands on the pool deck all day long.

12 hours ago, ljason913 said:

if these crazy strict rules are enforced i dont think cruise lines will survive long term.more people will go to resorts instead..i would not invest in cruise line stocks way to risky

12 hours ago, ljason913 said:

some people live outside of florida i dont know if ur aware of that.some of us like to cruise to escape the cold winters in the north.yes we want to feel the warm sun on our bodies. a vaca is sunbathing enjoying the pool jacuzi and drinking a nice cold beer or pina coloda ..this is not a vacation this is a prison

I get your feeling about not wanting to cruise with these rules, totally your decision.  I work in the hotel industry and suggest you check the resorts website.  A lot of resorts are requiring the same things.  I also think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of prison.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cured said:

The brochures quoted by the OP also say that there will be safety ambassadors around to enforce protocol. This won't be like enforcing chair hogging or kids in the Solarium.

This is the future of their company. If they suffer an outbreak on board, that will set them back for a long, long time.  Just like MSC who kicked off the family who didn't follow the rules off the ship, Royal will have to be as strict.

So, good luck if you are planning on cruising and not following the rules.  Hopefully you will just find a great resort to stay at.

Pffft. if you think you are planning a cruise and not having masks being removed, lifted, shifted, and/or otherwise out of place. Bles their hearts, they'll try to enforce, or at least make a show at trying but ...wake up... you're in a dream. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Pffft. if you think you are planning a cruise and not having masks being removed, lifted, shifted, and/or otherwise out of place. Bles their hearts, they'll try to enforce, or at least make a show at trying but ...wake up... you're in a dream. 

While I have no desire to cruise with a mask I have even less desire to cruise with a bunch of people who will constantly try to circumvent the rules.  Who needs that crap?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mek said:

While I have no desire to cruise with a mask I have even less desire to cruise with a bunch of people who will constantly try to circumvent the rules.  Who needs that crap?

I don't know if it's a human nature thing, I don't think so, but breaking the rules happens every cruise. In fact,it happens everywhere on everything from running a stop sign to jay walking. Not wearing a face mask or not wearing it properly is going to happen. Fact. 

18 hours ago, zjc said:

Seems a little extreme especially when they say the beds will be socially distant etc.

Don’t mind masks indoors and outdoors when moving around but I think this is a step too far. 

Yes, totally!!!! And that kind of crap can really make it HARD TO BREATH in the SUN so hopefully a lot of people will ignore it! Seriously, what if we all stick our toe in the water - how much counts??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Yes, totally!!!! And that kind of crap can really make it HARD TO BREATH in the SUN so hopefully a lot of people will ignore it! Seriously, what if we all stick our toe in the water - how much counts??

So you're suggesting people ignore the rules? 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So you're suggesting people ignore the rules? 🙄

Yup. It just stinks all around because that is not healthy for overheating!! I have a few things that come to mind about breaking rules near the pool, like CHAIR HOGS anyone?? It's very disheartening that everyone wants to pretend that they were on their A GAME! Seriously just put a foot in the pool and you'll be OK!!

23 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Yup. It just stinks all around because that is not healthy for overheating!! I have a few things that come to mind about breaking rules near the pool, like CHAIR HOGS anyone?? It's very disheartening that everyone wants to pretend that they were on their A GAME! Seriously just put a foot in the pool and you'll be OK!!

I hope the rule breakers get kicked off or confined to their cabins whatever the rules may be. If you don't like the rules then you shouldn't cruise until things are better. You also don't know if just a foot in the pool will be ok.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I hope the rule breakers get kicked off or confined to their cabins whatever the rules may be. If you don't like the rules then you shouldn't cruise until things are better. 

I had no idea when that is, but so many cruises in Europe remind people to put their masks back on without insulting them or kicking them off! I have a son with childhood asthma that I adore more than anybody and nobody is going to tell him that it is “good” for him to sit in the sun with one of those over his face!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't know if it's a human nature thing, I don't think so, but breaking the rules happens every cruise. In fact,it happens everywhere on everything from running a stop sign to jay walking. Not wearing a face mask or not wearing it properly is going to happen. Fact. 

LOL you are so absolutely wrong that it's laughable, Fact. This pandemic has shut down the entire cruise industry for 8 months and going, they're not going to mess around with any possible outbreaks onboard. If you think otherwise you are either delusional or just looking for an argument. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I believe Royal will be taking their pandemic safety rules very seriously as their very future depends on it. One more outbreak on a ship and they may be done for good. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I had no idea when that is, but so many cruises in Europe remind people to put their masks back on without insulting them or kicking them off! I have a son with childhood asthma that I adore more than anybody and nobody is going to tell him that it is “good” for him to sit in the sun with one of those over his face!

It's not good for him. But so far there doesn't seem to be any age distinction or health exemption mentioned. 

18 hours ago, fred30 said:

I think it is the realization that the only time you won't be required to wear a mask on the ship is in you cabin, eating and swimming.   Cruising is not going to be as enjoyable.

The more threads I read with all of the new rules, granted some are speculation, the more I realize that being quarantined in your room may not be so bad. I’m just looking forward for some real feedback once cruising begins. As others have said now may be a good time to take those vacations that have been put off because cruising was the first choice.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:42 AM, A&L_Ont said:

After I responded above my wife noticed it on Royal Caribbean’s Singapore website, among many other notifications/regulations re Covid.  I take back my previous comment above. 🙂

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise?country=SGP

Lisa should get her own account😉

Would love to hear her take on cruising

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

Off topic  Will be interesting to see how they policy the only 4 in an elevator or just your party.  I know if sailing at 50% it will be half as bad as it is now but sometimes now it's pretty bad and the folks pretty pushy

Define Party😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

LOL you are so absolutely wrong that it's laughable, Fact. This pandemic has shut down the entire cruise industry for 8 months and going, they're not going to mess around with any possible outbreaks onboard. If you think otherwise you are either delusional or just looking for an argument. 

And you have no idea how it's going to play out and if you think you do you're delusional.  Fact.   

But I hope you're right and they enforce the mask rules for all the diehards no matter where they are on the ship.  Have fun!!!  We're done until 2022.

Edited by bouhunter