CDC Issues Framework Order

hhalliv

19 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

At least the CDC has finally come out with some information and a 'road map" of sorts for the cruise lines to get back to cruising with passengers. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Our story: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5687/

We're working on a few more. 

Thanks, good read.

One question.  In referencing (specific cruise lines) that have resumed cruising in Europe, why does CruiseCritic exclude any reference to MSC (especially Grandiosa, the largest and longest sailing cruise line and ship operating in Italy and Malta)?

2 hours ago, hhalliv said:

I’m seeing that one of the conditions is that the cruises can’t be longer than 7 days.

Hmmmm......how long  are these conditions going to be required if all goes well with the 'Conditional' sailings?

We are really looking forward to our planned 9 and 11 day cruises planned for late next year and early 2022🤞

• Like 1

This reminded me of a 7 stage smoking cessation plan, used by many in the UK, back in the 80's. The main attraction was that you didn't actually stop until the 5th stage. So, in the cruise return context, at what stage in the phased plan do passengers actually get to board.....answers on a postcard please!

• Like 1

Do any of you plan on changing your pre cruise typical plans i.e. flying, hotels etc.. I always had this concern I would get sick right before a cruise- but now it seems they would be taking temperatures etc...

Any cruise I've been on involved either a bus or plane, and hotel stay beforehand. What if someone picks up something beforehand- it would be sad to miss a boat because of that. 

17 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

After all the phases are complete- here are the guidelines IF covid is found onboard 

Ps- I would love to see the “cdc technical” sheet that keeps being referenced. 

B7C7DC8A-4E33-4228-ABC7-1464B1E54575.jpeg

I am sure that you can find the technical sheet either on the CDC website or with a Google search.

Reading the whole document makes me think that it is going to be very difficult for any cruise line to meet the criteria.

Still digesting this document and all of the external references.

Apparently the CDC may require cruise lines to obtain medical letters stating that all travelers are fit to sail and have no pre-existing conditions.

4 minutes ago, hhalliv said:

Still digesting this document and all of the external references.

Apparently the CDC may require cruise lines to obtain medical letters stating that all travelers are fit to sail and have no pre-existing conditions.

As a multi times per year cruiser, a) a new letter for every cruise? 2) How long would one letter be good for, annual, semi-annual, etc.? 

NCL not willing to change their game plan or lower prices

I really think the cruise industry is doomed for bankruptcy unless they change up their game.  I love cruising but I cannot imagine anyone willing to book a cruise vacation unless they have a future cruise credit from a prior cancellation during COVID-19.  I have 4 cruise next deposits but not booking with NCL until the absolute end of the expiration of those deposits.  Even then, I might cancel.  Since COVID started in March 2020, NCL has greatly increased the prices of cruises by $1500 to $3000 more than I originally booked the same cruises for 2020 and 2021.  If NCL lowers prices, then they are stuck with lower prices.  They seem to be more interested in hiking up prices to stay out of bankruptcy.

NCL must think there is no competition.  

The advantages of taking a cruise for me are gone - the variety of ports and entertainment, the all inclusive (sort of) price, fun with groups of people.  For the same or less money, I can take a much better luxurious land-based Caribbean island vacation.  

NCL will have to make adjustments.  I doubt I will be able to use the thermal suites spa.  Will I be able to sit at the pool bar and talk with interesting people?  Will I be able to dine and do other fun activities to meet new people?  Will I enjoy the big on-deck parties?  No...  It will be as boring as a Celebrity cruise.   And I might as well cruise with Celebrity instead.   And don't get me wrong -- if I just want to eat, drink, laugh a little, and spend a lot of quiet time on my balcony -- then Celebrity is perfect.  With social distancing, NCL will be like a Celebrity Cruise and I might as well go with Celebrity (or another cruise line) and pay less money.

Good luck fellow cruisers!  

Edited by SeaWatcher65
  • Like 2