Start of cruising from Sydney & Brisbane?

drsel

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Even if drsel uses 'quote 'Fresh Cash.'  Not heard that one before.🤐 Using an off line and on line agent? Uh?

Les I think i have a answer..

Fresh Cash is the stuff off the printing press

Off Line.... could internet has gone down

On Line.... is using an ipad

Agent.....  sorry to say 007 is no longer with us

What does it mean...       something like a :-

Spaghettii and Ice Cream Sandwich  with sauce on the side

Hope this helps.... my G&T helped     it said...

please refill.....

lol Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Les I think i have a answer..

Fresh Cash is the stuff off the printing press

Off Line.... could internet has gone down

On Line.... is using an ipad

Agent.....  sorry to say 007 is no longer with us

What does it mean...       something like a :-

Spaghettii and Ice Cream Sandwich  with sauce on the side

Hope this helps.... my G&T helped     it said...

please refill.....

lol Don

pure gold don.image.png.949d235d0b22d86d1c9f0b61266ff83d.png

Not all is well with re-starts (from The Age):

One of the first cruise ships to ply through Caribbean waters since the pandemic began ended its trip early after at least five passengers tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Thursday.

The SeaDream I is carrying 66 crew and more than 50 passengers, with the majority of passengers hailing from the US according to Sue Bryant, who is aboard the ship and is a cruise editor for The Times and The Sunday Times in Britain.

She said that one passenger became sick on Wednesday and forced the ship to turn back to Barbados, where it had departed from on Saturday.

However, the ship had yet to dock in Barbados as local authorities tested those on board. The captain announced that at least five passengers have tested positive, she said.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

One of the first cruise ships to ply through Caribbean waters since the pandemic began ended its trip early after at least five passengers tested positive for COVID-19, officials said Thursday.

The SeaDream I is carrying 66 crew and more than 50 passengers, with the majority of passengers hailing from the US according to Sue Bryant, who is aboard the ship and is a cruise editor for The Times and The Sunday Times in Britain.

She said that one passenger became sick on Wednesday and forced the ship to turn back to Barbados, where it had departed from on Saturday.

However, the ship had yet to dock in Barbados as local authorities tested those on board. The captain announced that at least five passengers have tested positive, she said.

Thanks for posting Adrian and makes for interesting reading. I read the reports from Sue Bryant on board SeaDream 1 on the SeaDream forum here on CC.  Not good happenings re the re start of cruises. The way I read it the pax had been tested precruise and tested on board on the Abbott machines, which the ship has 3 of. Big worry, there will be a lot of unhappy campers, sorry cruisers on the ship.

But that's the big problem with Covid. The tests only pick it up once it has multplied in sufficient quantity to be detected. So a person can contract it, test negative, negative, negative, negative, oops positive. Meanwhile that person has started shedding the virus for a day or so before it's detected.

Having the majority of passengers from the US wa a recipe for disaster since the virus is totally out of control there.

The risks will be much, much, lower when cruising restarts here as long as we have no more outbreaks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Of the 53 passengers on board include 37 Americans. There also are passengers from the U.K., Austria, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Germany, so some of them have flown half way round the world....a big risk .

Well for a start  they could have pick just Americans....

even though their covid-19 numbers are horrendous..

Also Europe has manage some cruises on a full size cruise ship.... so am I missing something. ???

Don

Covid numbers were relatively low when MSC started their cruises, and they have paused them now I think. Plus the ship was only a quarter or third full. I think the other restarts were similar.

I don't think we've heard anything about how the Singapore restart is going. Is that Dream cruises?

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Covid numbers were relatively low when MSC started their cruises, and they have paused them now I think. Plus the ship was only a quarter or third full. I think the other restarts were similar.

I don't think we've heard anything about how the Singapore restart is going. Is that Dream cruises?

Dream Cruises  just started a few days ago, running with only half the passengers and they were all Singaporeans.... and cruise to nowhere... finger crossed....

Don

SeaDream 1 also had a Covid case a few weeks ago when it did a Norweigan Cruise.  Maybe the virus stayed on board? 

So at the moment the 53 pax are quarantining in their cabins. I believe there are no balcony cabins on the ship, being an older ship. I suppose a couple of the suites have balconies.  66 crew also on board.

She normally carries 112 pax and 95 crew.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The fourth cruise leaves today from Singapore .no problems.

Singapore and Hong Kong is going to have a travel bubble.

It’s a total different situation to Europe and America.

29 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Not sure if this has been posted?  There are 2 Brits on Seadream 1 who have been vlogging this journey.  Here is todays latest vid ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4CNM98JgXw

Yes I saw that, Ben and David, they are travel writers, plus the TPG bloke, Gene.  This will make other cruise lines nervous, I bet.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

It's sure making Bed and David nervous!

Not happy chappies, older ship, very few if any balcony cabins. I would not want to be cooped up in there for a week or two, even with 5 star tucker.  Maybe they will let the pax out for fresh air and exercise as per Diamond Princess.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Dream's been operating successfully out of Taiwan for 4 months now, not a single case.

So the procedures are fine - but when you're working with an infected base you'll keep getting cases, the same as we keep getting cases in hotel quarantine.

I think there is some confusion between 2 companies with similar names..

Dream Cruises is the Asian based one which has been operating out of Taiwan and, now, Singapore.

The ship in the article is from Seadream Yacht Club.  A Norwegian company.

15 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Dream's been operating successfully out of Taiwan for 4 months now, not a single case.

So the procedures are fine - but when you're working with an infected base you'll keep getting cases, the same as we keep getting cases in hotel quarantine.

But aren't the Taiwan cruises only for Taiwanese and only around Taiwan? 

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

And of course the papers are only going to report the cruises with positive cases and not the many cruises which have so far operated without problems.

This is the first cruise in the Caribbean since the pandemic.

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

It’s madness to try and get cruises going in the America’s 

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I think there is some confusion between 2 companies with similar names..

Dream Cruises is the Asian based one which has been operating out of Taiwan and, now, Singapore.

The ship in the article is from Seadream Yacht Club.  A Norwegian company.

No confusion on my part. Dream is owned by Genting, who also own Crystal, and one other Asian cruise line I think.

I'd never heard of Seadream Yacht Club.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Taiwan has handled the pandemic very well. Maybe cruising will start here in a similar way - domestic ports with only Aust and NZ passengers.

Hopefully our government will look to Taiwan as an example, rather than blindly following US guidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s madness to try and get cruises going in the America’s 

Pure stupidity! 

The Seadream cruise embarked in Barbados not a US port. However Barbados obviously doesn't have any border restrictions on who can come there from overseas, which made it just as stupid as trying to cruise from Florida.

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Pure stupidity! 

The Seadream cruise embarked in Barbados not a US port. However Barbados obviously doesn't have any border restrictions on who can come there from overseas, which made it just as stupid as trying to cruise from Florida.

Starting in the US when it is only having 142860 cases today and Florida just 5838 cases today   perfect place to start a cruise from..... like not..

But Barbados  is in single figures since the beginning of August

Don