Start of cruising from Sydney & Brisbane?

drsel

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed I have noticed an increase in future cruise prices. 

Which won’t change anytime soon I suspect. The lines are haemorrhaging money, finance men tell me that the payment on each ship would be over 50 million a year with blow all income flowing in, then factor in the 125%+ FCC they are handing out, and that many lines are divesting themselves of ships, so less capacity when things get up and running again (which I suspect will be staggered to keep supply and costs down) and I doubt we will be seeing $200 balconies any time soon.

22 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Which won’t change anytime soon I suspect. The lines are haemorrhaging money, finance men tell me that the payment on each ship would be over 50 million a year with blow all income flowing in, then factor in the 125%+ FCC they are handing out, and that many lines are divesting themselves of ships, so less capacity when things get up and running again (which I suspect will be staggered to keep supply and costs down) and I doubt we will be seeing $200 balconies any time soon.

Actually just got a good price for San Francisco- Barcelona for  2022 NZ$427/cabin/night  plus nearly $1000US$ OBC - maybe longer cruises are harder to sell? 

Edited by lissie

Just looked at a Celebrity cruise 5 nights Syd Hobart was a touch over $300 pp pd, now I know that is now all inclusive, but last one we did was about $225 as a non drinker say $60 extra, tips about $13 wi fi $10 looks like I am paying full freight on extras I ave no interest in. Mrs Gut never gets a drink package, maybe a coffee card, I have never paid over $20 for soft drink package and to be honest one reason I loved cruising was to get away from email.

We got a good price on the 10  night Coral Princess cruise from Brisbane to Tasmania in November, 2021. I can't recall the price because my invoice only shows the balance due after we used the FCC we had as a good will credit after cancellation of the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this year.

We don't want to pay extra for drinks because we only have a bottle of wine per day or not even a full bottle, and don't bother with specialty coffee.

Edited by Aus Traveller

5 hours ago, lissie said:

Actually just got a good price for San Francisco- Barcelona for  2022 NZ$427/cabin/night  plus nearly $1000US$ OBC - maybe longer cruises are harder to sell? 

That is single cabin price? Ship?

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Watching ch7: Qm2, seen it before, but memories of our Qm2 cruise, syd to hk 3 yrs ago, highlight of my cruise career, wonderful ship, nothing compares.

I wasn’t that taken with her, maybe because we were just on for a few nights of a world cruise and were looked on as interlopers by a lot of the RTWers.

10 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I wasn’t that taken with her, maybe because we were just on for a few nights of a world cruise and were looked on as interlopers by a lot of the RTWers.

True mate, the pom cunarders on the worldie sort of look down on you, not all, but some snobs. But the ship is unique. My wife was not fussed,  but i loved the ship, but not all the pax. Crikey you have booked well ahead for Serenade of the Seas, 2030 ? 

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

True mate, the pom cunarders on the worldie sort of look down on you, not all, but some snobs. But the ship is unique. My wife was not fussed,  but i loved the ship, but not all the pax. Crikey you have booked well ahead for Serenade of the Seas, 2030 ? 

Hmmm typo there, was in a couple of weeks, but no more, now I have to remember how to delete it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Hmmm typo there, was in a couple of weeks, but no more, now I have to remember how to delete it.

Go to profile and then signature, sounds like you need a meat 🥧 pie old son, guten nacht. Early night, meals on wheels job tomorrow morning, 0730.

Edited by NSWP

9 hours ago, lissie said:

No - Queen Elizabeth SF-Barcelona this one https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/Q224C/Q224C  two of us in a deluxe interior 1064 - we had  the cabin next door and liked it. NZ$7310  pp plus US$910 OBC for the cabin 

Nice cruise . Fabulous itinerary . You also the option of joining in Vancouver .

31 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Nice cruise . Fabulous itinerary . You also the option of joining in Vancouver .

Originally we wanted to join in Vancouver - but our preferred inside delux cabins were only available on deck 8 - and I get  horribly sea sick so I really wanted to be on deck 1 .  Anyway my partner has never been to SF so it will be good to spend a few days there. Ideally I'd like to do Alaska prior - but we shall see how the whole vaccine roll out goes before booking anything else. 

• 1 month later...

As you all predicted, Carnival has just cancelled all Aus cruises upto 19 Apr 2021, including mine (which were almost free because of AUD 1000 + USD 50 OBC for each cruise).

But there are still cruises (25% more expensive) in May & June 2021, which may also get cancelled later.

Should I transfer my  April bookings to  June 2021 & pay only 25% more for the same cabin, same itinerary?

OR

should I transfer my April bookings to early 2022 & pay 84% more for the same cabin, same itinerary?

Thanks

Edited by drsel

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No point in tranferring your booking to June 21, our borders will still be closed then and I very much doubt that international visitors will be allowed on Australian cruises for quite some time, maybe in 2022. 

Totally agree with you M’Lady.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Should I transfer my  April bookings to  June 2021 & pay only 25% more for the same cabin, same itinerary?

OR

should I transfer my April bookings to early 2022 & pay 84% more for the same cabin, same itinerary?

Thanks

I think 2021 is not going to happen🙁. As for 2022 if the price is 84% more personally I would cancel, try to get whatever refund I can get and wait to see what the prices are closer to the date.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think 2021 is not going to happen🙁. As for 2022 if the price is 84% more personally I would cancel, try to get whatever refund I can get and wait to see what the prices are closer to the date.

If there is no point in booking an Australian Cruise in any month in 2021, I will have to spend more for an early 2022 Cruise.

I don't want to lose all the OBC.

With all the OBC which will get transferred to the new Cruise the cost will anyway be at a 40% discount, instead of almost free.

and the a FCC of a previous cancelled Cruise has been added to the original cash deposit paid in order to get the AUD 900 OBC, so I don't think Carnival will give me a cash refund anyway.

Edited by drsel

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No point in tranferring your booking to June 21, our borders will still be closed then and I very much doubt that international visitors will be allowed on Australian cruises for quite some time, maybe in 2022. 

Thanks dear JJ

The cancelled cruise was booked with 1 of the top 4 TAs of the bidding site.

However for the new cruise of my choice, I am getting a better deal ($154 less) from another of the top 4 TAs on the bidding site.

So, should I transfer the FCC of the cancelled cruise to the new agent to save $154 for the same cabin?

If so, how to go about doing it?

21 minutes ago, drsel said:

Thanks dear JJ

The cancelled cruise was booked with 1 of the top 4 TAs of the bidding site.

However for the new cruise of my choice, I am getting a better deal ($154 less) from another of the top 4 TAs on the bidding site.

So, should I transfer the FCC of the cancelled cruise to the new agent to save $154 for the same cabin?

If so, how to go about doing it?

I think you are asking about sales processes that we do not have in Australia.

Following the setback with the outbreak in Sydney last week, I would not be looking for a cruise in 2021. The virus is still out and about in Australia. Traces have been found throughout Queensland. Cruising in 2022 might be possible, if the vaccine uptake is around 70% and if the cruise lines are allowed in, and if South Pacific nations allow cruise ships to visit. The WHO has stated that they don't expect the vaccine to be available in the SP countries until mid to late 2021.

Image result for doom and gloom