The Daily for Tuesday Nov 10, 2020

richwmn

It is Tuesday so that means Papa Murphy Pizza for us. Of course that may depend on if and when the 4 to 7 inches of snow they are predicting for the Twin Cities actually arrives! I might not want to drive to get pizza in a snow/ice storm...

Speaking of snow, here's a picture of our Deer Bay boathouse in January, 2014 -

image.thumb.png.959065285d926fa1da2cb4ec7e99614c.png

• Like 14

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

That quote is a good reminder for all of us.  Love it!

Pulled pork sounds good but since we had ham last night, it will be something else.

A good selection of days.  Forget me not day is so important. Interesting that in the United States that flower is used to remember.

7C63C78E-FDE7-4465-9EE3-AC8504706EE0.jpeg.8511649c991bfc0a98d8e2464724c444.jpeg

Whereas here in Canada it’s the poppy.

3E063B96-4FB5-4B23-97B9-1BDEE6A86862.jpeg.baabe489b4dabeb6fdb076ab59d8c08a.jpeg

The important thing is that we all remember 💜 

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them and a toast in honour of those on the his Celebratory/Shut Out list.

Have a great Forget me Not day, everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

image.png.521726c8b06caefbb6722141654ce0ba.png

This is the poem my mother and grandmother used to recite.

• Like 9

Good morning all!  Great collection of days, I love them all.

Forget Me Nots make me think of my sister who passed away almost 11 years ago.  Part of my garden is a "Remembrance Garden" and she asked me to plant Forget Me Nots in her memory. 🙂

I love a good Daiquiri, the *white* wine sounds great, and some of our best friends served in the USMC.

Our grandson learned how to read not long ago and now he reads to his younger brother every night before bedtime.  It won't be long before his brother is reading too.

Today their school is having their annual Veteran's Day Assembly, this year by Zoom. Relatives who are veterans are always invited so we're looking forward to that.  (DH is retired Navy)  Also looking forward to when these things don't have to be done remotely!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 12

Good Morning.

As a child we learned "In Flanders Fields" in school.  It has stayed with me through the years.  

There are many World War One poets, but Robert Service always comes to mind for me.  If you have not previously read his poems please check him out.

A Forget Me Not from Alaska.

303330_4188919446480_755078137_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=sVFTkxzuvfgAX_YKA0o&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=508c972d18ef97c2d59fe66a9591cfc2&oe=5FCFC585

Val

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Red Haired Lady said:

image.png.521726c8b06caefbb6722141654ce0ba.png

This is the poem my mother and grandmother used to recite.

As did we all here too and still do 🙂  it’s a great tribute to Canadian John McCrae and his work that it has been recited so many times by so many ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Just a quick note, I may be a bit later than usual posting this thread.

Thanks

Rich

We’re happy to have you doing this thread, Rich 🙂 

We’ll happily wait for you 😄 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Just a quick note, I may be a bit later than usual posting this thread.

Thanks

Rich

Thank you for letting us know! Now I won’t panic!  😎

Gosh, Rich, we are so lucky you pull this together every day! Period!

• Like 6

image.jpeg.0eb754691898e082cd3d517b9e59b833.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺

Sorry so late!!! Been super busy yesterday and today! I am sure you guys didn’t even notice! LOL😳

Last night we bundled all up and walked down to our restaurant for drinks and dinner and we took this picture on 101!

We have a fav Mexican restaurant called LAS OLAS sat outside with heaters on COLD!!! Nice view.

I am getting stuff out of storage for Christmas 🎄 already! Tradition for us is I have everything done and our tree and lights go on Thanksgiving! I love the holidays so for me this is happy times!

🌺🌺Rich thank you for our quotes, our maps, and for today’s days! First The Poem (In Flanders Field) my father had this poem in a frame in his office!! He so loved it! Thank you Kazu for having this! Brought back memories from so long ago!

🌺🌺Roy the celebrations and care list I check daily even when I get too busy to come on CC! Appreciate you! Dinner sound wonderful with your photo👍

🌺🌺HELLO SISTERS! Hope you are both doing well! 
🌺🌺Summer, the cocktail today brings back bad memories in High School Homecoming!! I was a cheerleader and we had a float to do the night before! I was bad😢 drank the BIG D drink 🍹 and WOW was sick and I still had to be in school for a Trigonometry test !! I survived but never touched that drink again! LOL. That was the first and last time I ever did that! Did get a B+ on my test !

🌺 To all have a good day today and always. Make it count!

Denise😊

• Like 13

Good morning, all! A good collection of days. I’ve always been partial to forget-me-nots.

Roast pulled pork sounds like an excellent choice for tonight.

David has taken the car into town for a brake job. I’m staying home with a book, although I stopped qualifying as a ‘young reader’ quite some time ago! A cozy chair and a fireplace have replaced the fork in the big maple tree as my favourite reading perch as time passed.

Keep warm and stay out of the storms!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Subtropical storm Theta is forming out in the Atlantic - will the hurricane season never end!  What happens after the Greek alphabet?

If we get to omega I think we are in real trouble as a world since there are 16 more letters in the Greek alphabet! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.jpeg.0eb754691898e082cd3d517b9e59b833.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺

I am getting stuff out of storage for Christmas 🎄 already! Tradition for us is I have everything done and our tree and lights go on Thanksgiving! I love the holidays so for me this is happy times!

Allen and I decided when we were moving we'd be on holiday cruising from Thanksgiving to New Year's.  We sold every holiday decoration. I had multi trees and ornaments from around the world. We had a tree in every room at our bed and breakfast. Since covid, I have been looking at decorations again... our friends have two entire storage rooms filled with Christmas. We are going over to "shop" tomorrow and then to lunch. My sweet husband.. "Here we go again".

• Like 13

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just wondering, has anyone heard from @Copper10-8?  It looks like he has not posted since October?

Roy

He's been more active on FB than CC of late; he's busy taking his "child bride" to lunch every week, and making sure Stiv (their kitty) has company.  I'll let him know he's missed here.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9