The Daily for Thursday Nov 12, 2020

richwmn

today is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day , World Pneumonia Day, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton Day

Meal suggestion for today - Red Chile and Orange Glazed Turkey

Drink of the Day - Aviation

Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it.

Wine of the day - G.D. Vajra Barolo Albe vintage 2015

at sea Caribbean
Oosterdam destination Kralendijk, Bonaire

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolo Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam (appears to be docked at Katakolo)

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Southampton
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1112World.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

My addition to the "Shout Out List"

Augusta National Golf Club announces $10M investment in Laney-Walker, Harrisburg neighborhoods

https://www.wjbf.com/csra-news/augusta-national-golf-club-announces-10m-investment-in-laney-walker-harrisburg-neighborhoods/

https://golf.com/news/america-social-unrest-augusta-national-take-action/

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Chicken Soup is definitely good for the soul, A big salute to Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and I hope we all now have our pneumonia shots.  Love the quote.  Orange Glazed Turkey sounds great but I'll pass on the chile.  My alternate meal suggestion is Iced Melon Bisque, Rustic Home Made Lasagna, and Peach Melba Sundae, as served on the Prinsendam November 12, 2017,

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Florida and Eta

Huge Covid spikes, especially the US and Italy

Patience and healing for the USA

Passengers and crew of Sea Dream I

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Hope for a vaccine

Augusta National Golf Club

Been a bit distracted in my search for celebrations so I’ll get selfish:

A Fire Department tax return ready to file and

The last documents ready for my grant audit

Roy                                

dishes12.jpg

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and Roy.  Thank you both for your dedication to our happy place each day.

I love chicken soup and it really does sooth the soul.  Got my pneumonia shot.  And I'm ashamed to admit I had to google Elizabeth Cady Stanton.  All great days to celebrate.

I'll pass on the menu suggestion as we don't like anything spicy.

The quote is spot on!

Aviation:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Gin, 1/2 oz Lemon juice, 1/2 oz Maraschino liqueur, Crème de violette or Creme Yvette
Preparation: Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.
Served: Straight up; without ice

Prayers and congratulations to our lists.  I hope St. Pete Cruiser is safe after the nasty storm last night.
Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask!!
  • Like 13

Good morning Dailyites.

Thanks for this wonderful Daily Report.

Love chicken soup.  I had to google Elizabeth Cady Stanton too.

The quote is spot on!

The meal suggestion sounds great, but I don't have any turkey in the freezer, but I may try that in the future.

I'll pass on the Drink of the Day, but look forward to reading about the wine.

Praying for us all.

Stay safe.

• Like 9

Thanks to Rich, Roy and all.

An update on Eta:

As of 7 AM the eye of the tropical storm was more than an hour north of me - between Gainesville and Alachua - and heading towards Jacksonville. As far as I know, there is very little wind damage (mainly branches) here but some western areas of the county are without power.

Shouldn't greatly affect @cat shepard in Ormond Beach.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily this morning. I needed it.

Good morning Daily-ites, sisters mine Denise and Ann. Ann hope you and our fellow CC Floridians are out of the worst of the storm. Denise, when you log-on, do you get reminded of the Hawaii, Tahiti and Bora Bora as the first cruise to pop up. Rub it in that we were kicked off the cruise in March..

Thanks Roy for adding prayers and healing. We will toast to your completion towards taxes and grant.

Last night we joined friends at their home. Our friend is having a sale. 2 cottages stuffed with Christmas from tiny Santa's to 8 ft wreaths, and pieces from all over the world. I thought I was in a museum.

Afterwards we all went to a restaurant called Pappadeaux Seafood. Amazing is all I can say! I had my first alligator nugget, red snapper and shrimp with sauteed spinach. And wine.. I'll be having leftovers for lunch. AND.. we found out they offer 25% off for Veteran's every day!!

I really appreciated the stories yesterday for those who shared memories of loved ones on Veterans' Day. I reread them again this morning. Thank you to all who serve and served.

Have a great day. Sending blessings out to you. Please pray for our nation for peace and rest.

Maxine Photo by dskiser | Photobucket | Healthy soup recipes, Healthy soup,  Chocolate joke

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Good morning DAILITES.  It is much colder in Naperville this day.  We are right at Freezing.  Rich, thank you for the daily fleet report.  I am not wild about the meal suggestion

Roy, thank you for the prayer list and the alternative meal suggestion sounds good.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

• Like 9

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Love Chicken Soup - just the aroma can soothe what ails me. I would prefer to celebrate “world vaccine for pneumonia” day. And I believe Mrs. Stanton must be thrilled to see how many women have taken on the role of leadership throughout the world!

Thank you for our lists, Roy! I believe @Cruise Suzyis correct. I am in the Southeast quadrant of a very weak storm. As my local weather guru said “Nothing we can’t handle”! Hope we hear from @Hflorstoday, I suspect that area felt some of the worst impact.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Another red wine day, but it does sound appealing. The meal sounds great. I love the name of the drink, but not the ingredients - so I will pass. How true that quote is!

It has been awhile since @lindaler posted. I know her Sister & BIL were coming for a visit, so I hope she is just enjoying her mini reunion. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers for all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Count every vote!

This Barolo from Piedmont, Italy has excellent ratings & I found one online vendor that carried it for $34.97. But if you are willing to wait for the 2016 vintage the ratings are even better & so are the prices!

#48 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Albe has an amazing scent of macerated Nebbiolo pomace, cranberries and raspberries. Infused rose petals, sweet red fruits and a hint of black figs, complete its wide and elegant bouquet. So authentic and yet expressive, it beautifully celebrates the maturity of these vineyards and wine. Albe is a pure tribute to Barolo di Barolo and to the amazing craft of combining vineyards.

WS93

Wine Spectator: Pretty, featuring rose, cherry, raspberry and mint flavors, with a touch of mineral. Supple, harmonious and elegant, offering a long finish. The aftertaste is tinged with orange peel and tobacco notes. Best from 2021 through 2036.
  • Like 13

image.thumb.jpeg.0e8dba52246ca5bfacddcdfe7779066a.jpeg
🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING TO ALL ON THE DAILY!

🌺🌺To my sisters Ann and Joy, right now it is almost 5am here🙄 and for some reason I am up very early! Decided to have my coffee relax and do some sketching while I am up!!❤️ you guys!

🌺🌺Rich , hope you had a wonderful Veterans Day yesterday! We placed a wreath out at our local beach in honor of all !! We do that every year!

Made homemade chicken soup a couple of days ago! Love the quote!!! So miss cruising hope we all can enjoy 2021 and with fingers crossed we can cruise !

🌺🌺Roy, first that is not selfish for being able to do a fire department tax return!!!!! You are in my eyes the most non selfish person I know who is so dedicated to helping from your local fire department, to your support with the Boy Scouts, and your local church! AND ON TOP OF THAT THE SUPPORT YOU GUVE HERE!!

🌺🌺Summer love a good gin but I don’t 

think I could try this one!! Thanks for the description 👍👍I appreciate your contributions!!

😢 Well San Diego as of Saturday our Governor has us in the red tier!!! Too many people not respecting the Mask mandate and Covid creeping up!! Please stay safe wear masks!

Denise😊

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺

🌺🌺To my sisters Ann and Joy, right now it is almost 5am here🙄 and for some reason I am up very early! Decided to have my coffee relax and do some sketching while I am up!!❤️ you guys!

🌺🌺Rich , hope you had a wonderful Veterans Day yesterday! We placed a wreath out at our local beach in honor of all !! We do that every year!

Made homemade chicken soup a couple of days ago! Love the quote!!! So miss cruising hope we all can enjoy 2021 and with fingers crossed we can cruise !

🌺🌺Roy, first that is not selfish for being able to do a fire department tax return!!!!! You are in my eyes the most non selfish person I know who is so dedicated to helping from your local fire department, to your support with the Boy Scouts, and your local church! AND ON TOP OF THAT THE SUPPORT YOU GUVE HERE!!

think I could try this one!! Thanks for the description 👍👍I appreciate your contributions!!

😢 Well San Diego as of Saturday our Governor has us in the red tier!!! Too many people not respecting the Mask mandate and Covid creeping up!! Please stay safe wear masks!

Denise😊

Do the masks really help?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺

Denise😊

Well good morning, Deeni!  I am toasting you with my ️. Enjoy your day!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Himself said:

Do the masks really help?

Yes, Father. Even if only one person is wearing one.  Though the mask really helps the non-masked person, it helps reduce the severity of the illness, if the masked person contracts the disease.  I wish I had kept a great chart that showed just how helpful a mask can be.

And if you combine a mask with social distancing, the chances of contracting the virus are minuscule.  Mask up!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  What a great assortment of things to celebrate today - chicken soup is always good; I finally reached the age where I could get the pneumonia shot; and like others, I had to research Elizabeth Cady Stanton.  Thank you ma'am!

I would love to try Rich's menu suggestion, but DH doesn't care for spicy dishes, so will have to wait till we get to a restaurant or on a Dam ship for that one.  I could really go for Roy's suggestion, though!  I think we'll be having baked ham tonight, as there's one waiting in the fridge for us; accompanied by smashed potatoes and a salad will make a good dinner for us and allow for leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow.  And Wine !!!

I hope all are safe from Eta; good grief, there's been a lot of storms this year!  We had additional snow yesterday (as if we don't already have enough), and an arctic low has moved in giving us wind chill temperature this morning of -34C (-29F), so it's kinda chilly.  And we can't get away this winter, boo hoo! 

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our glasses for all on the celebration list, especially for
Roy in dealing with the audit!  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
Forgot The Wine !!!
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  What a great assortment of things to celebrate today - chicken soup is always good; I finally reached the age where I could get the pneumonia shot; and like others, I had to research Elizabeth Cady Stanton.  Thank you ma'am!

I would love to try Rich's menu suggestion, but DH doesn't care for spicy dishes, so will have to wait till we get to a restaurant or on a Dam ship for that one.  I could really go for Roy's suggestion, though!  I think we'll be having baked ham tonight, as there's one waiting in the fridge for us; accompanied by smashed potatoes and a salad will make a good dinner for us and allow for leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow.

I hope all are safe from Eta; good grief, there's been a lot of storms this year!  We had additional snow yesterday (as if we don't already have enough), and an arctic low has moved in giving us wind chill temperature this morning of -34C (-29F), so it's kinda chilly.  And we can't get away this winter, boo hoo! 

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our glasses for all on the celebration list, especially for
Roy in dealing with the audit!  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Quick Gerry! Edit the quoted post to add wine to your dinner! And do NOT go outside. Is it safe to breath air without a face covering at that temp?

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Quick Gerry! Edit this post to add wine to your dinner!

Thank you!  I was distracted by a telephone call . . . who the heck calls at 7:20 in the morning?  Either telemarketers or politicians.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

We had additional snow yesterday (as if we don't already have enough), and an arctic low has moved in giving us wind chill temperature this morning of -34C (-29F), so it's kinda chilly.

Ouch!  I've experienced -20F pretty regularly in Upstate New York and once in a while in Maryland.  That's COLD

Roy

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Ouch!  I've experienced -20F pretty regularly in Upstate New York and once in a while in Maryland.  That's COLD

Roy

We call it "cold" when it hits -40 or better. 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Whew!  We're still on the warm side here, at 70 degrees F this morning when I woke up.  I appreciate it being a little cooler than that when I'm on the treadmill in the early mornings!  I think the rain from Eta is about finished here but I think Augusta is still in the path so we may have a few delays at the Masters.  Good luck to all the golfers!

Hoping my granddaughter in Tampa got through the hurricane safely.  She's in her freshman year at Univ. of South Florida studying marine biology.  First hurricane for her.  Hoping everyone else here in the path got through safely and have power, etc.  

Today's celebration in our family is our dear son's birthday.  I would love to see him and celebrate with him, but not this year.  😢  Congrats to all on the celebration/shout out list, and prayers to all on our prayer list.  

• Like 10

A local company is capitalizing on our Governor:

MASK-UP-MARYLAND

Masks will be needed well beyond the point when we have a vaccine, and are a MAJOR factor in reducing cases of Covid, and wearing a mask accelerates the time when other countries will allow us to visit and allowing the restart of cruising.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 12