Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

So...I'm reading through this thread to find info on Edge sailings, so your comment is interesting.  We're booked Nov. '21, 10 nights....when info provided by others mentions early '22 cancellations, what is happening to the late '21 cruises?  Haven't received any email from X (yet) or maybe (1) they'll leave Nov/Dec '21 alone or (2) they don't believe there will be ANY sailings in 2021.  Any opinions here?

No opinion, but a fact from Celebrity's PDF (linked in the first post):

"...guests booked on Celebrity Edge sailings departing between 11/12/21 and 4/8/22 have the option to rebook on the Celebrity Silhouette..."

So your cruise is the second one cancelled.

Edited by Demonyte

16 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

We got the e-mail.  Cruise is cancelled.  No offer to move to Silhouette, just to re-book at prevailing rates.  Got the e-mail yesterday about 2:00 pm  Travelling with my brother - he hasn't got the e-mail yet either. 

How did they word it?  I'm on hold right now waiting to speak with a supervisor.  General CS rep doesn't have any info on this cancellation...figures...policy answer.  Told to wait for email.

10 minutes ago, Demonyte said:

No opinion, but a fact from Celebrity's PDF (linked in the first post):

"...guests booked on Celebrity Edge sailings departing between 11/12/21 and 4/8/22 have the option to rebook on the Celebrity Silhouette..."

So your cruise is the second one cancelled.

sorry...date of Edge cruise is Nov. 12, 2021 so we're the first cancelled.  Still wondering if they don't expect to sail at all in 2021.

Here is the email from Celebrity relayed by our TA:

"We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation. As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure we offer you the best possible vacation experience in each destination. This means some of our itineraries will need to be canceled and others will be modified.

Unfortunately, these deployment adjustments will require cancellation of your voyage aboard the Celebrity Edge®. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation.

We are pleased to advise that the Celebrity Silhouette® will be sailing very similar 10 and 11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries between November 12th, 2021 and April 8th, 2022. You have the option to rebook on one of these dates or any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates. If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view or veranda stateroom; $300 per Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®. In order to take advantage of this offer you must contact your travel agency no later than December 1st, 2020. If you are not interested in rebooking at this time, you will receive 100% refund to the original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on their reservation. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will automatically receive a full refund to the original method of payment. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

To request a refund, please contact your travel advisor. Refunds will be received at least 30 days after the request is submitted. Please note, if you have already cancelled the sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy, you will not be eligible to receive the offer noted above.

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we navigate through these challenging times.  Your safety and well-being are our highest priority. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises"

2 minutes ago, Demonyte said:

Here is the email from Celebrity relayed by our TA:

"We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation. As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure we offer you the best possible vacation experience in each destination. This means some of our itineraries will need to be canceled and others will be modified.

Unfortunately, these deployment adjustments will require cancellation of your voyage aboard the Celebrity Edge®. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity Cruise. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation.

We are pleased to advise that the Celebrity Silhouette® will be sailing very similar 10 and 11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries between November 12th, 2021 and April 8th, 2022. You have the option to rebook on one of these dates or any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates. If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view or veranda stateroom; $300 per Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®. In order to take advantage of this offer you must contact your travel agency no later than December 1st, 2020. If you are not interested in rebooking at this time, you will receive 100% refund to the original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on their reservation. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will automatically receive a full refund to the original method of payment. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible.

To request a refund, please contact your travel advisor. Refunds will be received at least 30 days after the request is submitted. Please note, if you have already cancelled the sailing by taking advantage of our Cruise With Confidence policy, you will not be eligible to receive the offer noted above.

Guests with refundable air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. Guests with nonrefundable flights booked through Flights by Celebrity or independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we navigate through these challenging times.  Your safety and well-being are our highest priority. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises"

Thanks so much for that.  When the 'supervisor' finally answers I have something to quote.  Also, I see they're offering SOMETHING in the form of OBC.  And we're not held to rebooking in Feb. 2022.  Will try to find appropriate cabin on Silhouette in Nov. 2021. 

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks so much for that.  When the 'supervisor' finally answers I have something to quote.  Also, I see they're offering SOMETHING in the form of OBC.  And we're not held to rebooking in Feb. 2022.  Will try to find appropriate cabin on Silhouette in Nov. 2021. 

Yes, that's what we decided to do as well while we figure things out.  Many cabins seem to have sold overnight on the Silhouette November 12.  I have three on hold direct with Celebrity and am waiting to speak to my agent who had no info yesterday ....  Very poorly handled. 

16 hours ago, tert333 said:

We are on an infinity 5 day that we need to more.  I asked about moving them to January/February of 2022.  The agent checked and said that Summit is not sailing for those two months???

That does not make a lot of sense, but does appear to be what is showing on the chart. 

I can not believe the ship isn't sailing for that length of time.   The only thing is that maybe they closed it off for Charters, but that seems excessive....

We just L&S'ed our Feb 2021 5 day Infinity cruise to a Jan 2022 5 day Infinity cruise. Then yesterday we got the infamous Infinity to Summit transfer email. We contacted our X PCC and he initially said there were no Summit itineraries currently listed in the Jan/Feb 2022 time frame and that we should make our booking a "place holder" to keep the $200 OBC cancellation prize added to the booking intact. We later reread the email and in paragraph 2 it stated:

"Specific to your future Celebrity Infinity® sailing, these deployment adjustments will require a change of ship for your Caribbean voyage to the fully revolutionized Celebrity Summit®.  We are pleased to advise your departure date, itinerary and stateroom category will remain exactly the same.  No action needs to be taken on your part as our Customer Service Teams are working to automatically move your reservation to the Celebrity Summit.  Once the process is complete you will receive a refreshed booking invoice via email with your new stateroom number.  We anticipate it will take us a few weeks to complete all the transactions."

So we then requested our X PCC to keep our exiting Infinity booking intact, to include the great deal we got, to give the X planning folks the time they specifically noted to finalized the new Summit Jan/Feb Caribbean schedule and complete the transfer. It may be just wishful thinking, but we can't see a downside to waiting a couple of weeks to see what happens.

6 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Yes, that's what we decided to do as well while we figure things out.  Many cabins seem to have sold overnight on the Silhouette November 12.  I have three on hold direct with Celebrity and am waiting to speak to my agent who had no info yesterday ....  Very poorly handled. 

I just put a concierge cabin on hold for 11/12/21 online.  Like you, I think many cruisers will be shopping for a replacement.  That date is important to me so I hope they'll allow the switch.  My dedicated X rep is off until Thursday....somehow she's always off when these type of problems come up...LOL.  Still waiting 40 min. for a supervisor.  Any chance they don't want to talk to me?  I'd like them to transfer the original OBC and pricing for the Edge to the Silhouette and not pay any more.  We'll see.

Edited by Oceangoer2

11 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

We got the e-mail.  Cruise is cancelled.  No offer to move to Silhouette, just to re-book at prevailing rates.  Got the e-mail yesterday about 2:00 pm  Travelling with my brother - he hasn't got the e-mail yet either. 

My siblings and I were booked on the Silhouette Jan 3, 2022 sailing from Buenos Aires to San Antonio 14 night sailing, received an email yesterday saying this was cancelled and we could rebook at prevailing rates on the Infinity which is being redeployed to SA. No mention of OBC compensation others refer to on this thread.

The Infinity is a much inferior vessel, at least IMO, also doesn’t appear it would have been refurbished by then. The itinerary they offer is 12 nights, also only in February or March, which won’t suit us. Haven’t even bothered to check prices as we just aren’t interested. 

I can’t understand why Celebrity wants to move Silly to the Caribbean, they’ll be having so many ships there it won’t really make a difference, they could easily have left her in SA. My reading of the situation is that X wants to make money and has decided to do so by redeploying the various ships and forcing customers to rebook at the current higher prices.

Good luck to Celebrity, but we’ll do a land tour instead and have just as much fun. In any case we only cruise once a year and prefer to mix it with land travel, though we do love cruising and will miss not being on a ship. But if that’s the way the cookie crumbles, so be it...

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are also on the Apex TA in October plus the following 9 night Caribbean. We have all 4 perks as we booked on board Reflection in Feb. Just had our Edge April 22 cancelled so even more keen to do Apex cruises. As it is we have a TA booked for April 21 which we are certain will be cancelled. No chance of a L&S either as 2021 itineraries not released. 

Very sorry for your trouble, Elaine.  We are on Oceania out of South Hampton in October to Miami if you care to join!  Best to L.

Our Edge cruise was just canceled.  Sad as it was a great deal that we’ll never find again.  We will be asking for a refund of our $900.  Best get it started right away as I’m sure we won’t see the $ for a few months.

Life has happened during 2020.  For us a new cancer diagnosis on top of it all so it’s best to cancel as the future is uncertain.  While we are hoping to cruise again some day it’s doubtful it would be 2021 anyway.  When cruising starts up again it’s more likely that we’d want to do smaller ships close to the U.S. like Alaska, the Northeast, Canada and the Mississippi River and take what we can find, booking within a couple of months of departure.

We have been fortunate to visit almost every island in the Caribbean, most multiple times and Europe twice. With over 40 cruises we’ve been blessed. We always said we didn’t want to wait until retirement to start travel together as you never know.....so happy we didn’t wait!  

Happy planning y’all!  As a cruise addict I’ll be checking in every once in a while!  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just L&S'ed our Feb 2021 5 day Infinity cruise to a Jan 2022 5 day Infinity cruise. Then yesterday we got the infamous Infinity to Summit transfer email. We contacted our X PCC and he initially said there were no Summit itineraries currently listed in the Jan/Feb 2022 time frame and that we should make our booking a "place holder" to keep the $200 OBC cancellation prize added to the booking intact. We later reread the email and in paragraph 2 it stated:

"Specific to your future Celebrity Infinity® sailing, these deployment adjustments will require a change of ship for your Caribbean voyage to the fully revolutionized Celebrity Summit®.  We are pleased to advise your departure date, itinerary and stateroom category will remain exactly the same.  No action needs to be taken on your part as our Customer Service Teams are working to automatically move your reservation to the Celebrity Summit.  Once the process is complete you will receive a refreshed booking invoice via email with your new stateroom number.  We anticipate it will take us a few weeks to complete all the transactions."

So we then requested our X PCC to keep our exiting Infinity booking intact, to include the great deal we got, to give the X planning folks the time they specifically noted to finalized the new Summit Jan/Feb Caribbean schedule and complete the transfer. It may be just wishful thinking, but we can't see a downside to waiting a couple of weeks to see what happens.

If you wanted to move your reservations to March/April on Summit, you should be able to do that preserving your existing price that you have paid for your cruise.

19 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Our Edge cruise was just canceled.  Sad as it was a great deal that we’ll never find again.  We will be asking for a refund of our $900.  Best get it started right away as I’m sure we won’t see the $ for a few months.

Life has happened during 2020.  For us a new cancer diagnosis on top of it all so it’s best to cancel as the future is uncertain.  While we are hoping to cruise again some day it’s doubtful it would be 2021 anyway.  When cruising starts up again it’s more likely that we’d want to do smaller ships close to the U.S. like Alaska, the Northeast, Canada and the Mississippi River and take what we can find, booking within a couple of months of departure.

We have been fortunate to visit almost every island in the Caribbean, most multiple times and Europe twice. With over 40 cruises we’ve been blessed. We always said we didn’t want to wait until retirement to start travel together as you never know.....so happy we didn’t wait!  

Happy planning y’all!  As a cruise addict I’ll be checking in every once in a while!  

Wishing you the very best....puts our own 2020 'changes' in perspective....your positive attitude will pull you through.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tert333 said:

If you wanted to move your reservations to March/April on Summit, you should be able to do that preserving your existing price that you have paid for your cruise.

Thanks. We would normally do that, but unfortunately, in this case this is the only time slot that works for us regarding this cruise. We also just heard back from our X PCC and it appears right now the Summit has been chartered from the middle of January to the middle of February 2022. But, he recommended we still wait a week to see if this status changes before turning the booking into a "place holder"..

We were notified our 11N Partial Panama crossing on the Edge was cancelled for Nov 22, 2021 departure. Same email everyone else has posted. We talked to our rep today and rebooked on the Silhouette for an almost identical cruise (11N, but no Panama now) on the same date. Got the Elevate package for three of us, upgraded to a concierge C2 over the Infinity balcony we had on the Edge and saved about $3000 over our previous booking.  We did go from refundable to non-refundable as well but even without that it was still a $2k savings.

The only disappointment was they said we wouldn't qualify for the additional $300 OBC the email had mentioned for rebooking the cancelled cruise. Supposedly because one was a non-refundable rate and the other was refundable.  Certainly didn't see this in any fine print in the email we were sen.

54 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Would you mind sharing which 01/22 Infinity sailing?  I'm on the 1/8/22 and got the email it was canceled and to rebook at prevailing rates.  I really hope the Summit is an option at the rate I have booked.  

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We're on that 11/12/21 cruise ...no email yet.  Not going to be happy with this change.  When did you receive your email?

We rec'd the email at 2PM yesterday too.  My sister did the L&S to the Apex when the Edge cruise we should have been on this week was cancelled.  I went with the Edge since the ports on the Apex are the same ones we are supposed to be going to in April, 2021.

I'm so aggravated/sad that I am ready to book a trip to Europe and say the heck with this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lisa3635 said:

Would you mind sharing which 01/22 Infinity sailing?  I'm on the 1/8/22 and got the email it was canceled and to rebook at prevailing rates.  I really hope the Summit is an option at the rate I have booked.  

In the past, if a cruise is cancelled, they have allowed the move the cruise to another cruise maintaining the same price as the previous cruise.   Traditionally, they have given options which you can select from,  and if you choose not to select the options provided, then you would get an OBC with the new booking at the prevailing rates. 

I am booked on a March 19 Infinity cruise and it does not look like there is a corresponding Summit Cruise.   I am onhold with my TA, who is trying to get in touch with Celebrity and is onhold with them.

Just now, tert333 said:

In the past, if a cruise is cancelled, they have allowed the move the cruise to another cruise maintaining the same price as the previous cruise.   Traditionally, they have given options which you can select from,  and if you choose not to select the options provided, then you would get an OBC with the new booking at the prevailing rates. 

I am booked on a March 19 Infinity cruise and it does not look like there is a corresponding Summit Cruise.   I am onhold with my TA, who is trying to get in touch with Celebrity and is onhold with them.

This is a total mess, especially with any cruise involving the Summit.    

I bet they maintained all of their chartered cruises at the expense of their loyal Celebrity guests.

Looking more and more like Celebrity really screwed the pooch on this whole thing.

An Update from me:  We were on the Edge November 12, 2021 and are moving to the Silhouette on November 12, 2021.  Same itinerary.  Apparently for this cruise (and maybe a few others but not all) Celebrity is allowing a "lift and shift" type of situation, with prices and perks protected.  No need to re book at prevailing rates.  And, we get the $200 OBC for the cancellation. 

Just now, Josie201 said:

An Update from me:  We were on the Edge November 12, 2021 and are moving to the Silhouette on November 12, 2021.  Same itinerary.  Apparently for this cruise (and maybe a few others but not all) Celebrity is allowing a "lift and shift" type of situation, with prices and perks protected.  No need to re book at prevailing rates.  And, we get the $200 OBC for the cancellation. 

Thx for that....I eventually hung up...on hold for 40 min.  An agent contacted me via email to address my on hold 11/12/21 Silhouette cruise.  Waiting to hear back.

• Like 1