Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

6 hours ago, macaroni said:

Our January 2022 b2b on Edge is cancelled...not giving other options but Silouette for 10 and 11 nighters...where is the Edge going to be?

Would have hated to pay Edge prices to sail on the Silhoutte.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Here is an interesting question:

If an airline had done this, with "Cancelling" a flight, only to then move another plane into the same date, time, city pairing, the DOT would have mandated that passengers be re-accommodated on the new plane at the existing price.

Does the DOT have the right to take a complaint against a cruise line for the switch they are doing and the money grab?  If I swap my cruise from Edge to Silhouette, it will cost me an extra $2000 per person for a Sky Suite 2 in Feb 2022.  I don't have an issue with swapping from Edge to Silhouette, I like Silhouette.  My complaint is this prevailing price nonsense.  I've had this cruise booked for nearly a year and had my budget planned out and now they pull this?

I only see a place to file a complaint on the DOT side for planes, not for cruise lines.  Anyone have any ideas?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Algebralovr said:

If an airline had done this, with "Cancelling" a flight, only to then move another plane into the same date, time, city pairing, the DOT would have mandated that passengers be re-accommodated on the new plane at the existing price.

Does the DOT have the right to take a complaint against a cruise line for the switch they are doing and the money grab?  If I swap my cruise from Edge to Silhouette, it will cost me an extra $2000 per person for a Sky Suite 2 in Feb 2022.  I don't have an issue with swapping from Edge to Silhouette, I like Silhouette.  My complaint is this prevailing price nonsense.  I've had this cruise booked for nearly a year and had my budget planned out and now they pull this?

I only see a place to file a complaint on the DOT side for planes, not for cruise lines.  Anyone have any ideas?

Are the dates and duration identical? 

6 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did you receive notice from Celebrity?  I have received nothing and I booked directly.  Thank you.

We received notification from Celebrity directly this afternoon, and also, separately, from our travel agent.  Canceled!  Sad!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

I made the same comment in a previous post. Many of us have had an airline change equipment on a flight we have booked. We might have to change seats but the price doesn’t change. This amounts to the same thing only here they changed ships. 

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I hope everyone who has a cancelled Edge 10/11 night sailing for which there is a direct replacement on Silhouette is calling to demand get moved at the protected price/perks.   It's nothing more than a ship change which they did for their own convenience so they can sell the 7 night Edge cruises to their new target market.   They moved people from Infinity to Summit, granted a bit easier since the ships are identical stateroom configurations.  

Yep I’ve complained- for now I rebooked. 😞

4 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Xxxxxxxxx( part of quote deleted)

What's the difference between an airline changing equipment for your flight and a cruise company changing your ship?  You may have to change seats on the plane or cabins on the ship but it is still the same flight or cruise.  

EDGE and Silhouette are not comparable ships and the cruise experiences are not the same  .Airplane changes are more similar.

Some may prefer Silhouette but EDGE is the " new best thing"  til APEX comes on line.

I have not received any word about cancelled cruises etc. Friends have told me that out May 07/2021 Alaskan cruise has been cancelled due to the length of the cruise. Celebrity does not show it on future cruises any longer but are still offering excursions at a reduced rate.

Also our Panama cruise for February 2022 has also been cancelled apparently. Again no word from Celebrity. Friends have received notification that it has been cancelled but again Celebrity has chosen to keep us out of the loop for both vacations. We are beyond frustrated

3 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

DOT is the US Dept of Transportation. Cruises don’t fall under the category of transportation. They’re vacations. Not an apples to apples comparison. 

Just received my email this morning. Edge B2B cancelled with an offer of OBC to book a similar cruise on Silhouette at an increased price (prevailing rates). 

Edge initially was at a premium price and may still be.  

I`ve given up with the pricing malarky. 

With continuing uncertainty regarding CDC 7 day rules and with regret, I cancelled.

In addition, I have a B2B Transatlantic booked for October 2021 on APEX which is looking more and more unlikely. I`m thinking the 9 DAY Caribbean sector  in 2021 will be cancelled and the Transatlantic eastbound in May  2021also being  cancelled. I also have to consider air transport bookings for this trip and the time it takes to receive a refund from the airline , if I cancel.

Not good......I quit.

It's looking more and more likely I`ll be moving on to A.I. land based or even a land based tour where I may get more certainty.

Finally, I don't seem to fit the new demographic for a Celebrity cruise....c`est la vie. . After 15 years, we`re moving on. Nice while it lasted.

8 hours ago, hcat said:

EDGE and Silhouette are not comparable ships and the cruise experiences are not the same  .Airplane changes are more similar.

Some may prefer Silhouette but EDGE is the " new best thing"  til APEX comes on line.

Many would argue that the Silhoutte offers a better cruise experience. 

Same dates, same itinerary, similarly sized ship = should have been an even swap.  Give passengers the option if they think Edge is that much better that the same trip is ruined on the Silhoutte. 

1 hour ago, govanguy said:

Just received my email this morning. Edge B2B cancelled with an offer of OBC to book a similar cruise on Silhouette at an increased price (prevailing rates). 

With continuing uncertainty regarding CDC 7 day rules and with regret, I cancelled.

In addition, I have a B2B Transatlantic booked for October 2021 on APEX which is looking more and more unlikely. I`m thinking the 9 DAY Caribbean sector  in 2021 will be cancelled and the Transatlantic eastbound in May  2021also being  cancelled. I also have to consider air transport bookings for this trip and the time it takes to receive a refund from the airline , if I cancel.

Not good......I quit.

It's looking more and more likely I`ll be moving on to A.I. land based or even a land based tour where I may get more certainty.

Finally, I don't seem to fit the new demographic for a Celebrity cruise....c`est la vie. . After 15 years, we`re moving on. Nice while it lasted.

I feel your pain. I can’t help but think that X have been a bit unfair as to how they have rolled this out and the poor conditions they have imposed on existing customers.

It does appear that that the redeployment has been implemented under the guise of COVID, but has been done in such a way to maximise income.

Im pretty sure they will have modelled likely outcomes before implementing this and are prepared to lose customer goodwill to get the optimum business outcome for themselves.

Such a pity, I think you are correct; it may well be time to move on!

1 hour ago, govanguy said:

Not good......I quit.

We are also on the Apex TA in October plus the following 9 night Caribbean. We have all 4 perks as we booked on board Reflection in Feb. Just had our Edge April 22 cancelled so even more keen to do Apex cruises. As it is we have a TA booked for April 21 which we are certain will be cancelled. No chance of a L&S either as 2021 itineraries not released. 

2 hours ago, D C said:

Same dates, same itinerary, similarly sized ship = should have been an even swap.  Give passengers the option if they think Edge is that much better that the same trip is ruined on the Silhoutte. 

I would make that argument for sure.  Silhouette is my favorite ship.  However if the moves involves paying more money...that's just not fair or right.

16 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Oh, there's definitely some money involved.  They are cancelling all the longer Edge sailings and changing them all to 7 nighters.... more cruises more money...

So...I'm reading through this thread to find info on Edge sailings, so your comment is interesting.  We're booked Nov. '21, 10 nights....when info provided by others mentions early '22 cancellations, what is happening to the late '21 cruises?  Haven't received any email from X (yet) or maybe (1) they'll leave Nov/Dec '21 alone or (2) they don't believe there will be ANY sailings in 2021.  Any opinions here?

2 hours ago, D C said:

edge is definitely and "edgier" ship and should be the one that is more expensive, but the switch from edge to silhouette will cost us an extra $4000 Cad for b2b. Not worth it at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Totally disagree with your opinion. An airplane flies through the air to get you from one place to another. A ship floats on water to do the same thing. 

Leave it it up to the passenger to make the decision to change, but don’t charge an extra $3k for the same itinerary. 

20 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Totally disagree with your opinion. An airplane flies through the air to get you from one place to another. A ship floats on water to do the same thing. 

Leave it it up to the passenger to make the decision to change, but don’t charge an extra $3k for the same itinerary. 

Not sure of your basic analogy....but...there are jets and gliders....different experience.  I was looking forward to our first Edge experience...sailed all S class ships many times....Edge would have been a different experience and would have been an opportunity to celebrate a 'special' anniversary....not to be enjoyed in February '22.

52 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We're on that 11/12/21 cruise ...no email yet.  Not going to be happy with this change.  When did you receive your email?

We got the e-mail.  Cruise is cancelled.  No offer to move to Silhouette, just to re-book at prevailing rates.  Got the e-mail yesterday about 2:00 pm  Travelling with my brother - he hasn't got the e-mail yet either.