Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

Just received my email cancelling Silhouette November 2021 Western Med.  Told them I had no desire to rebook at such high prices and would like a refund of my deposit of $960 Canadian.  Since I had booked a NRD months  ago, I was prepared for receiving only a FCC, but she verified the credit card number and said my full refund would be received in about one week.  Went ahead and booked HAL  Rotterdam VII (brand new flagship) for October 2021 with a better cabin, full perks and less money.  Bye for now, Celebrity.

• Like 1

As our March 2022 cruise was canceled by Celebrity. Well, I want to see the changes made to Silhouette. As Silhouette will replace Edge in the Caribbean. So I checked out pricing. Yes I think the price is high, but my issue is $1274USD for a refundable cruise to get $900 back if I cancel. This just reinforces my thoughts to book cruises last minute/within 90 days of cruising. In the US I can use the $1274 to pay towards flights. When we want to cruising in Europe. I'll book the air ahead of time and do a land trip if I cant find the suite I want. 

On a side note I heard a BigBox company that sells cruises is starting up a private jet service.

IMG_20201117_135845246.jpg

35 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The Air Force has a term that applies here FUBAR.  

Interesting that no TAs for April 2022 by there is one TP. . . ????

April is the end of the Asia season and the 21/22 fall/winter Asia cruises were announced over a year ago.

Last I read the TAs for Spring 2022 were due to be released late this month or early Dec.

I hope everyone who has a cancelled Edge 10/11 night sailing for which there is a direct replacement on Silhouette is calling to demand get moved at the protected price/perks.   It's nothing more than a ship change which they did for their own convenience so they can sell the 7 night Edge cruises to their new target market.   They moved people from Infinity to Summit, granted a bit easier since the ships are identical stateroom configurations.  

Edited by wrk2cruise

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I hope everyone who has a cancelled Edge 10/11 night sailing for which there is a direct replacement on Silhouette is calling to demand get moved at the protected price/perks.   It's nothing more than a ship change which they did for their own convenience so they can sell the 7 night Edge cruises to their new target market.   They moved people from Infinity to Summit, granted a bit easier since the ships are identical stateroom configurations.  

I have spoken to X to express my displeasure about our 11 night Edge cruise that is being replaced with with a Silhouette 11 night cruise cruise.  Same date - 1/24/22 and same itinerary except an extra overnight in Curacao, no Bonaire.  Price for a Sky Suite for this cruise is an extra $3,148 for two.  Same exact Perks on both cruises so their new pricing policy doesn't come into play.

What's the difference between an airline changing equipment for your flight and a cruise company changing your ship?  You may have to change seats on the plane or cabins on the ship but it is still the same flight or cruise.  

Edited by RICCruisers
  • Like 1

We are on an infinity 5 day that we need to more.  I asked about moving them to January/February of 2022.  The agent checked and said that Summit is not sailing for those two months???

That does not make a lot of sense, but does appear to be what is showing on the chart. 

I can not believe the ship isn't sailing for that length of time.   The only thing is that maybe they closed it off for Charters, but that seems excessive....

2 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I have spoken to X to express my displeasure about our 11 night Edge cruise that is being replaced with with a Silhouette 11 night cruise cruise.  Same date - 1/24/22 and same itinerary except an extra overnight in Curacao, no Bonaire.  Price for a Sky Suite for this cruise is an extra $3,148 for two.  Same exact Perks on both cruises so their new pricing policy doesn't come into play.

What's the difference between an airline changing equipment for your flight and a cruise company changing your ship?  You may have to change seats on the plane or cabins on the ship but it is still the same flight or cruise.  

I agree with you.  They are already setting the precedent by allowing people on Infinity to switch to Summit at no extra charge.   I cant see any reason why they would not allow you to do it moving from Edge to Silhouette.   

2 hours ago, REEtired said:

Anyone hear anything about Equinox in the Caribbean. We’re booked for 12! nights November 2021.  Or is it that we just haven’t been contacted yet. Ok I’ll try to be patient. Thx. 

We are booked on the EQ in Nov 2021.  It falls after the Covid conditional sail order limit of 7 days.  Hoping we are good.  That said, there is no word on how Celebrity is rearranging their affected cruises up to that point.  We could be affected as well due to the redeployments.  

I feel like some of you on here are more knowledgable then the CS agents.

Anyone care to help me out here? 
We cancelled our cruise on March 12th, the day before the all suspensions. We received a Future cruise credit ( not a refund) .

Then, we “ lifted and shifted” a 2021 cruise to March 2022.  I applied my Future cruise credit toward that cruise.  I was happy with that. I had only put a $40 refundable deposit on the cruise previously and the FCC covered almost all of the new cruise. 
So today, THAT cruise is now cancelled ( March 13 2022 out of San Juan on Summit).

Now what??? I assume they are not extending the FCCs?  Or I will not be getting a refund since it was FCC? I get $40 back and loose my FCC if I don’t use it by April 2022? 

I can only travel over March Break. So I look and all the 7 day cruises in March are double the price. So that’s out. Not paying Celebrity any more of my money. There is one 5 day cruise that I can book that will work with my March Break. Big loss though. I already had premium drinks and $300 stateroom credit with tips on my Lift and Shift booking which I guess I will now loose, but get free wifi , basic drinks and tips? Pfff. On a 5 day. 
So, what happens if I do nothing? ( feeling frustrated as you all are right now and do not want to deal with a clueless CS agent) Do you think the FCC will just return to my account? Do you think they might extend FCCs into the end of 2022? I really dont to want rebook anything yet with such uncertainty. But I also don’t want to loose the thousands of dollars in a FCC. 

ANY feedback on this is most welcomed. I find it confusing. It sounds like some of you are able to “ move “ your cancelled cruises to another ship. 

Edited by son3cruisers

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I spoke to my PCC at Celebrity and ask how the refund for deposits are being handled for my cancelled cruises. I have one refundable, and one non-refundable.  She said deposit refunds are not automatic as a team has been appointed to call EVERYONE to see if they may assist with another sailing.  She is unable to handle this for me.  I replied that I will not be rebooking as there is nothing like the Boston to San Juan to book to and the rates have doubled.  Also, on my Summit Charter someone from the team will also be calling to address a switch.  It could be a long wait for deposit refunds.

Literally in the same boat (Boston to San Juan)...or should I say were? Had great price on a Celebrity suite. Got the cancellation email this afternoon. Worst part is the link in the email takes me to the 'Cruise With Confidence' page...I think not. Especially considering Lift and Shift is not an option.

Got the email about my Edge cruise in 2022. 

Discussed with traveling partners what we wanted to do, and made a decision.

My TA contacted Celebrity only to be told:

The emails sent out to clients ONLY were possibly sent in error. Right now both your Edge and the Silhouette sailings in Feb 2022 are in a frozen status. They will NOT allow any change for your Edge or for you to reserve the Silhouette. They hope to have this resolved by Friday but will notify us in advance.

I never received the email you received and it seems there are definitely some problems with Celebrity at this point. She stated that they cannot make any changes and have not been moving people at this point once they found their problem. 

Crazy.....

Meanwhile, a lot of the rooms on Silhouette are showing as sold, which is odd.

My guess is IT Gremlins.

Remember the CDC return to sailing order prohibits cruises longer than 7 days.  That order is in effect through November 30, 2021.  Celebrity and other lines are now moving their 8+ day schedules around and creating a bunch of new 7 day options.

I spoke to Celebrity as my 12-day Summit cruise in 2022 was cancelled and they said the website is lagging behind, but should be updated tonight/tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

We are on an infinity 5 day that we need to more.  I asked about moving them to January/February of 2022.  The agent checked and said that Summit is not sailing for those two months???

That does not make a lot of sense, but does appear to be what is showing on the chart. 

I can not believe the ship isn't sailing for that length of time.   The only thing is that maybe they closed it off for Charters, but that seems excessive....

My agent told me my Summit booking for Jan 4, 2022 was cancelled and the Summit is being pulled from operation from October 2021 to April 2022....  

5 minutes ago, brettzkyb said:

My agent told me my Summit booking for Jan 4, 2022 was cancelled and the Summit is being pulled from operation from October 2021 to April 2022....  

So the cruises they have listed online right now on the Summit in March 2022 are not happening???? Omg what a mess this is

3 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

So the cruises they have listed online right now on the Summit in March 2022 are not happening???? Omg what a mess this is

So Key West won’t happen AND the Summit won’t happen??? 
Why is this new cruise online then? Like, they just added it. 

9AED8246-D380-4840-806D-C9C64B938DA9.png

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

We are booked on the EQ in Nov 2021.  It falls after the Covid conditional sail order limit of 7 days.  Hoping we are good.  That said, there is no word on how Celebrity is rearranging their affected cruises up to that point.  We could be affected as well due to the redeployments.  

I don't think Equinox is going to be involved in redeployments, at least I hope not.  We are booked on her in January 2022 but have seen nothing indicating those sailings will change....hope I'm right.

37 minutes ago, brettzkyb said:

Remember the CDC return to sailing order prohibits cruises longer than 7 days.  That order is in effect through November 30, 2021.  Celebrity and other lines are now moving their 8+ day schedules around and creating a bunch of new 7 day options.

I spoke to Celebrity as my 12-day Summit cruise in 2022 was cancelled and they said the website is lagging behind, but should be updated tonight/tomorrow morning.

The ruling is in effect until November 1 not November 30, 2021

37 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Got the email about my Edge cruise in 2022. 

Discussed with traveling partners what we wanted to do, and made a decision.

My TA contacted Celebrity only to be told:

The emails sent out to clients ONLY were possibly sent in error. Right now both your Edge and the Silhouette sailings in Feb 2022 are in a frozen status. They will NOT allow any change for your Edge or for you to reserve the Silhouette. They hope to have this resolved by Friday but will notify us in advance.

I never received the email you received and it seems there are definitely some problems with Celebrity at this point. She stated that they cannot make any changes and have not been moving people at this point once they found their problem. 

Crazy.....

Meanwhile, a lot of the rooms on Silhouette are showing as sold, which is odd.

My guess is IT Gremlins.

I'm so confused!  Celebrity may have given your TA that info, but I just finished changing my February 14, 2022 Edge cruise to the new February 14 Silhouette cruise. I really didn’t want to make the change. 🤷‍♀️ 

Any word on the Summit October 4, 2021 Boston - Canada Cruise? We lifted and shifted to it from 2020. It is longer than 7 days and outside the November 1st window. It is still bookable on the Celebrity website. The cruise that follows (Boston - San Juan) has been canceled. We are booked on both.

49 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Any word on the Summit October 4, 2021 Boston - Canada Cruise? We lifted and shifted to it from 2020. It is longer than 7 days and outside the November 1st window. It is still bookable on the Celebrity website. The cruise that follows (Boston - San Juan) has been canceled. We are booked on both.

There are many celebrity cruises longer than 7 days before November 1 that are still showing bookable.   They may be waiting to see if the duration can be extended if we have a vaccine and things improve.  Alternatively, they may not have got around to it yet...

We have a 10 day cruise booked on Princess.   The way they have approached it is they did not cancel the cruise yet, but are not taking any booking.

It does not look like your cruise is included in these changes.

10 minutes ago, tert333 said:

There are many celebrity cruises longer than 7 days before November 1 that are still showing bookable.   They may be waiting to see if the duration can be extended if we have a vaccine and things improve.  Alternatively, they may not have got around to it yet...

We have a 10 day cruise booked on Princess.   The way they have approached it is they did not cancel the cruise yet, but are not taking any booking.

It does not look like your cruise is included in these changes.

Given the travel restrictions to Canada possibly extending past the cruising hiatus, all bets are off on that itinerary.   But its far enough off to be very plausible.