Winter 2021/2022 itinerary changes/revisions - MASTER THREAD

mikkelhansen

The reason for the "Prevailing rate" change is that they are now including beverage package and wi-fi. Still it is a $900 upchage at minimum to re book the cruise we had on the Summit out of San Juan in January of 2022 on any other ship to the Caribbean.   Looks like we can get a Suite on HAL for about the same price and it also looks like any itinerary offered by anyone at this point is not as nice as the one we originally booked for Jan 2021 that then got moved to January 2022 and is now kaput.

2 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

The reason for the "Prevailing rate" change is that they are now including beverage package and wi-fi. Still it is a $900 upchage at minimum to re book the cruise we had on the Summit out of San Juan in January of 2022 on any other ship to the Caribbean.   Looks like we can get a Suite on HAL for about the same price and it also looks like any itinerary offered by anyone at this point is not as nice as the one we originally booked for Jan 2021 that then got moved to January 2022 and is now kaput.

Don't think that's why.  I booked a Penthouse Suite on Summit for Jan 2022 and so all those perks were already included.  I got royally screwed on this by Celebrity.  This is really sad as they are my preferred line, but if they cannot offer me something similar at a comparable rate then I will gladly take my $14k to another cruise line.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Seems there are some kinks to be worked out with this new schedule.  We are booked on the Infinity B2B 10 N Portugal- Spain departing 10/9 followed by the15N TA Barcelona to Miami arriving 11/3.   Both on tge new schedule.  Problem is they also show the Infinity with a 11/7 sailing from Lisbon.  I guess they will drop us off in Miami on the 3rd and speed across the Atlantic to be ready to board passengers on the morning of the 7th. 😂 

I thought the TA on Silhouette was going to Buenos Aires in fall of 2021 not Miami. Not that it matters since it's apparently coming to the Caribbean for winter 2021/20222.

I have just received an email from my TA, but it looks like a boilerplate statement from Celebrity, see below.......

“Dear Valued Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your  2021/22 cruise vacation. As the world continues to work towards a new normal, our primary goal continues to be a healthy return to service for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. While working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other local health and government authorities towards this shared goal, we are evaluating all current itineraries to ensure we offer your clients the best possible vacation experience in each destination. This means some of our sailings will need to be modified. 

Specific to your  future Celebrity Infinity® sailing, these deployment adjustments will require a change of ship for their Caribbean voyage to the fully revolutionized Celebrity Summit®. We are pleased to advise all departure dates, itineraries and booked stateroom categories will remain exactly the same. No action needs to be taken on your part as our Customer Service Teams are working to automatically move your client's reservation to the Celebrity Summit. Once the process is complete you will receive a refreshed booking invoice via email with your client's new stateroom number. We anticipate it will take us a few weeks to complete all the transactions. Please feel free to log-in to your My Celebrity account within the coming weeks and check out everything the Celebrity Summit has to offer as well as their new stateroom number. 

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, these will also automatically be moved over to the Celebrity Summit. Guests with independent shore excursion arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible to advise them of this change. “

23 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

This does not feel Pandemic related.  I feel these changes are being made for business reasons not because of Covid.  We will hopefully all be vaccinated by October of 2022.  This is a money grab for Celebrity.

Too late to edit sorry.  I really am not sure this is a money grab.  I am sure it is upsetting to lose a good cruise.  I know X has to make changes.  I know they would rather keep our money than have us cancel but before when they have cancelled cruises before covid there has been an opportunity to change cruises to different sailings  at the rate paid.  Now we are cancelled and can only rebook at the new rates.  Captains Club loyalty is no longer an issue so I guess we will just take the money back.

7 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I thought the TA on Silhouette was going to Buenos Aires in fall of 2021 not Miami. Not that it matters since it's apparently coming to the Caribbean for winter 2021/20222.

We are booked on the 10/21 TA on the Infinity:  currently showing

Oct 9, 21 10 N departing Lisbon - Barcelona

Oct 19, 21 15 N departing Barcelona - Miami (arriving 11/3)

Nov 7, 21  7N departing Lisbon

Clearly something amiss here..

Unforturnately I think it is the 15 N TA, were we are in a aft facing A1 with CBP,

Tips, Streaming wi-fi and $450 OBC for $4200.  

2 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Too late to edit sorry.  I really am not sure this is a money grab.  I am sure it is upsetting to lose a good cruise.  I know X has to make changes.  I know they would rather keep our money than have us cancel but before when they have cancelled cruises before covid there has been an opportunity to change cruises to different sailings  at the rate paid.  Now we are cancelled and can only rebook at the new rates.  Captains Club loyalty is no longer an issue so I guess we will just take the money back.

Oh, there's definitely some money involved.  They are cancelling all the longer Edge sailings and changing them all to 7 nighters.... more cruises more money...

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

We are booked on the 10/21 TA on the Infinity:  currently showing

Oct 9, 21 10 N departing Lisbon - Barcelona

Oct 19, 21 15 N departing Barcelona - Miami (arriving 11/3)

Nov 7, 21  7N departing Lisbon

Clearly something amiss here..

Unforturnately I think it is the 15 N TA, were we are in a aft facing A1 with CBP,

Tips, Streaming wi-fi and $450 OBC for $4200.  

Oh, I misread.. wow...how disappointing.

Feb 14, 2022 sailing on the Edge for 11 night Panama Canal / Caribbean is cancelled today.  Also the November 18 2021 sailing on the Infinity for 4 night  Key West/Bahamas was moved to the Summit.    OK for swap on Infinity --> Summit.  Short Cruise similar ship.  But the Edge - they say we can move but at prevailing rates?????  Mmm - maybe I will just cancel and go with another cruise line if they have a better price.

49 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

This does not feel Pandemic related.  I feel these changes are being made for business reasons not because of Covid.  We will hopefully all be vaccinated by October of 2022.  This is a money grab for Celebrity.

Probably trying to make some money after a very lean 2020, due to COVID-19.

Also with ALL INCLUSIVE you are paying up front, not having the choice of whether you have the drinks package or Internet.

Edited by upwarduk

I called my travel agent to book one of the 10 day Silhouette sailings, and she told me they are trying to get guidance from the CDC if they are able to book longer than 7 day sailings .....  You'd think Celebrity might have figured this out before they changed the itineraries.  This is for November (I am aware of the current restriction from CDC up to November). 

• Like 2

It is all part of the overall marketing/pricing approach.

Add the forced perks to the price.  Raise the price a lot (one of ours doubled in price with 2 less days).  Shorter cruises overall.  8 ships (Eight!) in the Caribbean in the winter.  Looking for the pot of Gen X Gold (little vacation time but lots of dough) that they think is just dying to sail to cookie cutter Caribbean Islands.

Thanks but no thanks.  We've literally gone from 7 booked =X= cruises to 2 remaining between cx cruises and this mess.

I spoke to my PCC at Celebrity and ask how the refund for deposits are being handled for my cancelled cruises. I have one refundable, and one non-refundable.  She said deposit refunds are not automatic as a team has been appointed to call EVERYONE to see if they may assist with another sailing.  She is unable to handle this for me.  I replied that I will not be rebooking as there is nothing like the Boston to San Juan to book to and the rates have doubled.  Also, on my Summit Charter someone from the team will also be calling to address a switch.  It could be a long wait for deposit refunds.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

34 minutes ago, ehall said:

Feb 14, 2022 sailing on the Edge for 11 night Panama Canal / Caribbean is cancelled today.  Also the November 18 2021 sailing on the Infinity for 4 night  Key West/Bahamas was moved to the Summit.    OK for swap on Infinity --> Summit.  Short Cruise similar ship.  But the Edge - they say we can move but at prevailing rates?????  Mmm - maybe I will just cancel and go with another cruise line if they have a better price.

Have you been notified re the 2/14/22 Edge?  We are also booked on that and as of about 1 hr ago it was still showing however the Silhouette looks to have taken its place - same dates, #of nights and almost an identical itinerary but a whole lot more expensive.

We have 3 Infinity bookings and just received a generic letter that our Infinity sailing has been cancelled?  Didn't say which itinerary or itineraries. 

I was just told Silhouette is taking Edges place so all cruises cancelled. Funny thing is was booked for 21 days dec. 2021 and the Dec. 3rd 10 day is available for much pricier amount. But the Dec. 13th there is no sailing, what gives.  Was told price I booked at was not going to be available, was told obc only and no price match

40 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I called my travel agent to book one of the 10 day Silhouette sailings, and she told me they are trying to get guidance from the CDC if they are able to book longer than 7 day sailings .....  You'd think Celebrity might have figured this out before they changed the itineraries.  This is for November (I am aware of the current restriction from CDC up to November). 

The CDC ruling lasts until October 31, 2021.....  the Caribbean sailings that Celebrity is cancelling in winter 2021/2022 are well past that date....

• Like 1

Hate to say I told ya so, but I could see the hysterics coming from this months ago. 

I would take any notion of 'your' cruise that is booked and 'your' price and toss it out of the window. 

No income, no cruises, huge debt, a restart in limbo....is not a recipe to keep things status quo.