New vaccine

hollyjess

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

True Avril - and that syringe looks like it has a very thick needle.  Oh deep joy!  Jane.x

You sound more upbeat today Jane, if it wasn't for the crap days we would never know

what a good day was like .:classic_unsure:

I think my mate is having a bad day today ,he just rang me up... 

He says he thinks he's got Covid and he caught it off his cat !!  :classic_wacko:

I said "How have you managed to do that then ? "

He said " Don't ask meeeeow ! "  :classic_huh::classic_biggrin:

You and everyone in the NHS take care :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Morning all, the sun is out here!  Felt absolutely dreadful all last evening, went to bed at 10 and didn't know another thing until 8 am.  Much better today, now just feel like I have a cold, although no snuffles.  Just tired.  Twill pass.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

I see the WHO team currently examining things in Wuhan is reported to be saying it can’t rule out that the virus might have “escaped from a lab”

Second hand inf,  but the daughter of a friend is a scientist at Porton Down and he says she says Porton feels it might well be a lab escapee

Ho hum

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I see the WHO team currently examining things in Wuhan is reported to be saying it can’t rule out that the virus might have “escaped from a lab”

Second hand inf,  but the daughter of a friend is a scientist at Porton Down and he says she says Porton feels it might well be a lab escapee

Ho hum

You can't blame blind people though, they can't see what their dogs are doing.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, john watson said:

You can't blame blind people though, they can't see what their dogs are doing.

Regards John

Which reminds me of an old joke;

A blind man was out walking with his seeing-eye dog when suddenly the animal paused and wet the man's leg. Bending down, the blind man gives the dog a treat.

Having watched what happened, a bystander said, "Why are you patting him? That dog just peed on your leg!"

"I know," said the blind man, "but I gotta find his head before I can kick his Ar$e."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Morning all, the sun is out here!  Felt absolutely dreadful all last evening, went to bed at 10 and didn't know another thing until 8 am.  Much better today, now just feel like I have a cold, although no snuffles.  Just tired.  Twill pass.

Glad you feel a bit better today Jean.Hopefully back to full strength tomorrow

• Like 1

Thought for the day whilst waiting for Boris to update us. Am I the only person who wishes that the news programmes didn’t feel the need, every single time that the word ‘vaccine’ is mentioned (which is an awful lot), to immediately and without warning cut to a close up shot of a needle going into someone’s arm? Ok, I admit it. I am a complete wimp when it comes to medical stuff and any blood and guts stuff on TV.  Makes me go weak at the knees, which my wife finds hysterical, but I think we know what a jab looks like now and wider shots of people in the vaccination centres would suffice for me 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Ok, I admit it. I am a complete wimp when it comes to medical stuff and any blood and guts stuff on TV.  Makes me go weak at the knees

I can see that blood donating would not be for you,  or me 

I tried donating blood once. Never again!!

Too many stupid questions. Whose blood is it? Where did you get it from?

Why is it in a bucket??? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thought for the day whilst waiting for Boris to update us. Am I the only person who wishes that the news programmes didn’t feel the need, every single time that the word ‘vaccine’ is mentioned (which is an awful lot), to immediately and without warning cut to a close up shot of a needle going into someone’s arm? Ok, I admit it. I am a complete wimp when it comes to medical stuff and any blood and guts stuff on TV.  Makes me go weak at the knees, which my wife finds hysterical, but I think we know what a jab looks like now and wider shots of people in the vaccination centres would suffice for me 😂 

Lucky they don't show the various ways to check your temperature.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kalos said:

You sound more upbeat today Jane, if it wasn't for the crap days we would never know

what a good day was like .:classic_unsure:

I think my mate is having a bad day today ,he just rang me up... 

He says he thinks he's got Covid and he caught it off his cat !!  :classic_wacko:

I said "How have you managed to do that then ? "

He said " Don't ask meeeeow ! "  :classic_huh::classic_biggrin:

You and everyone in the NHS take care :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos. Yes definitely feeling more upbeat today. Syringes and thick needles at the ready, cattle prod arriving at the weekend, and taser on order. Couldn't be better. I'm almost looking forward to the next session. Hope you and Mrs Kalos are both well. Just going out to rally the neighbours for the 6pm clap for Captain Tom.  Keep safe. Jane.x

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Kalos. Yes definitely feeling more upbeat today. Syringes and thick needles at the ready, cattle prod arriving at the weekend, and taser on order. Couldn't be better. I'm almost looking forward to the next session. Hope you and Mrs Kalos are both well. Just going out to rally the neighbours for the 6pm clap for Captain Tom.  Keep safe. Jane.x

Just got back in from clapping for all of you guys and Capt Tom .

It was a bit different this time in the pitch black and heavy rain shower but plenty on our

street turned out.  The very least we could do after what Tom did  & the NHS do for us.:classic_smile:

781037873_NHSTHANKS.jpg.63cd296fefdf9f1115ff22258200e0e1.jpg

• Like 6

We have just had a text from our GP to say they will be in touch about receiving the vaccine, as we are in Group 5 it may indicate our age group is getting closer to receiving it. I noticed Johnson alluded to some news on the vaccine front front W/c 15 Feb perhaps this when the over 65s will start to be included in rollout? 

Will be interested to see the numbers locally from our LA this week as might give an indication when next group will begin. 

14 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We have just had a text from our GP to say they will be in touch about receiving the vaccine, as we are in Group 5 it may indicate our age group is getting closer to receiving it. I noticed Johnson alluded to some news on the vaccine front front W/c 15 Feb perhaps this when the over 65s will start to be included in rollout? 

Will be interested to see the numbers locally from our LA this week as might give an indication when next group will begin. 

Just had the message from our GP to book it (Booked in this Friday) , we are both 69 I got a text but my wife not registered with NHS for text etc so imagine hers will be a letter . 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just got back in from clapping for all of you guys and Capt Tom .

It was a bit different this time in the pitch black and heavy rain shower but plenty on our

street turned out.  The very least we could do after what Tom did  & the NHS do for us.:classic_smile:

781037873_NHSTHANKS.jpg.63cd296fefdf9f1115ff22258200e0e1.jpg

Brilliant! Thanks to you and your street for turning out Kalos. Quite a few here too so if that's been replicated around the UK I think we did him proud. J.x

• Like 5

Jane, what a wonderful man.  And what a wonderful job you are all doing.

For the rest of you, I was a blood donor for years, also when I lived in Canada.  So one day after work I went along to give my pint but had a date that evening, so didn't stay for the usual 15 minute sit down and tea and biccies.  Got on the subway, there were no seats so was standing in the doorway.  Or at least I was for ten minutes.  Last thing I remember was hitting the floor.  When I woke up, I was on the station platform with a crowd of people round me.  I was so fazed out, I couldn't talk properly, so I kept pointing to my arm with the plaster on it.  Next thing was a policeman asking the last time I took drugs!!  Needless to say, I didn't go on the date that night.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I hope our area is a couple of weeks behind yours because I am 65 on Feb 26 so am due to change tier to group 5

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Jane, what a wonderful man.  And what a wonderful job you are all doing.

For the rest of you, I was a blood donor for years, also when I lived in Canada.  So one day after work I went along to give my pint but had a date that evening, so didn't stay for the usual 15 minute sit down and tea and biccies.  Got on the subway, there were no seats so was standing in the doorway.  Or at least I was for ten minutes.  Last thing I remember was hitting the floor.  When I woke up, I was on the station platform with a crowd of people round me.  I was so fazed out, I couldn't talk properly, so I kept pointing to my arm with the plaster on it.  Next thing was a policeman asking the last time I took drugs!!  Needless to say, I didn't go on the date that night.

Jean , that  made me think of of 2 blood donor experiences that I had that were not like the other 53 times that I donated.

Where I worked the blood donor people used to come twice a year and on one occasion my appointment was at the same time as a first time nervous donor from my department so we walked across to the donor site together and I was trying to stop him from being nervous.  After giving blood I joined the queue for tea and biscuits and the other person was right behind me so I turned and said " I told you that you would be ok" the next thing I knew I was lying on a bed and a Red Cross lady was giving me an organ donor card.

The other experience was on board Ventura, I came out of the shower to hear an announcement asking anyone who was O positive blood group and had their blood donor card with them to report to the medical centre.  They took my blood and I thought no more about it but later in the day we went back to our cabin and found a thank you card and a nice bottle of wine (much better than the  tea and biscuit than I was used to).

• Like 7
  • Haha 1