New vaccine

hollyjess

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It would be very helpful if an up to date progress report was displayed on GP’s website in a prominent place. At the moment it’s all every much word of mouth. I think people are being patient, but there is a natural desire to know how it’s proceeding on a local level.

I understand that Rehman Chishti asked a question in PMQ’s about the speed of the Gillingham roll out - I don’t know what the answer was though! 

(disclaimer - although an event in politics mentioned, no opinions discussed) 

That's what I thought ' when are they going to tell us what is going on ', untill  yesterday. I looked on the GP website which referred you to Surrey Heathlands CCG. What is a CCG ?. Clinical Commissioning Group. That's the Group of NHS services. I didn't know that. So I had a look on their website. All the numbers and statistics that I could possibly want. Tweets every few minutes You live and learn🤣

Disclaimer. I very much like your disclaimer. Not a P word in sight.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Some good news from down in Cornwall.

My mother (88) had her letter on Monday inviting her for her jab and is booked in for Sunday, and my husband's arrived this morning and he's all booked in for tomorrow morning with the second dose on 16th April. 

Things are moving fast down here now. My husband has just had a phone call from our doctor's surgery inviting him to go there for his jab. It's a bit like buses nothing then two come along together!

He's going to the surgery on Saturday as it's easier to get to.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 16

On 1/25/2021 at 9:19 AM, Host Sharon said:

OK, I am going to butt in here, even though I probably shouldn't,but want to clarify a few of the guidelines. Posts making political comments will be deleted. Anti vaccine posts will be deleted. Posts quoting deleted posts will be deleted.  Posts questioning board management will be deleted. Moderators are unpaid volunteers. We do our best but do have other things to do. Whilst there is a degree of leeway during the pandemic, and thread drift is normal, anything completely off topic will be deleted or moved to a more appropriate board. Finally please don't forget there is a whole section for UK cruisers adn a board called The Pub for any topics you all want to chat about that are unrelated to cruising. Thanks. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/545-the-pub/

54 minutes ago, batholiver said:

I don't see anything in the rules preventing political comments, as some have suggested (see below)

Just for future reference !

56 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Things are moving fast down here now. My husband has just had a phone call from our doctor's surgery inviting him to go there for his jab. It's a bit like buses nothing then two come along together!

Wonderful news for you. Love hearing about everting getting their jabs. X

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I think it was on the top of almost every board - posted by the Moderator

Could be it was originally for the US elections  as I cant see any now but seems a good idea to me.

image.thumb.png.803ff44dbda34e5e0e2f72e327e17798.png

Sharon told us the rules a few days ago on this thread# 3249 I think.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, batholiver said:

The rules are set out in the posting guidelines, which I'm sure the Mods will stick to.

No mention whatever of politics being off limits, and if they were you'd be one of the prime offenders I suspect!  😇

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/

As Zapp pointed out post 3249  said   .

It could not be more clear and states all posts with politics will be removed . 

Same as Zapp will leave you to it .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It would be very helpful if an up to date progress report was displayed on GP’s website in a prominent place. At the moment it’s all every much word of mouth. I think people are being patient, but there is a natural desire to know how it’s proceeding on a local level.

I understand that Rehman Chishti asked a question in PMQ’s about the speed of the Gillingham roll out - I don’t know what the answer was though! 

(disclaimer - although an event in politics mentioned, no opinions discussed) 

I think your data may be on the Kent and Medway CCG.

I had to ring our doctors today and once you get through you are put through 

to a recording that seems to go on forever . It tells you when not to go near the

practice. What to do  if you think you have covid .When to ring 999 & 111 and not

to ring asking about covid vaccines at all telling you to wait until the vaccine

program contacts you . (The same advice on their website ) and then you finally

are put through to a receptionist .

Suits me fine , I trust the NHS will get around to us , we just have to be patient. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think your data may be on the Kent and Medway CCG.

I had a look earlier. It’s not really what I was looking for - I was interested in seeing how each individual area is doing and what group each area is working on - the information isn’t broken down to a local level 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, purplesea said:

That's good news.

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Just had a message for Frank and I to contact the doctor at 3pm to book a time for our jabs on Feb 6th. 😊

Avril

Perhaps they found out it's your anniversary and decided you deserved a present. As presents go, that's a bigee.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, purplesea said:

Some good news from down in Cornwall.

My mother (88) had her letter on Monday inviting her for her jab and is booked in for Sunday, and my husband's arrived this morning and he's all booked in for tomorrow morning with the second dose on 16th April. 

👍

23 hours ago, purplesea said:

Pleased to hear both your mam and husband have vaccine invites.

Graham.