New vaccine

hollyjess

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning Jane, please do not get upset, it is a news paper article that the NHS said they are investigating from the Manchester area . Nothing to say their guilty and people were reacting like it was a National scandal. Everyone who posted is in agreement not a single drop should be wasted , so if the Hozzie cat strolls on by please feel free :classic_wink: 

I think I speak for everyone on here " You and all your staff , not just at your hospital are doing an amazing job and we love what your doing to keep us all safe .

Thank You  Keep safe ,for all our sakes .:classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos. I wasn't upset - just embarrassed really because these damaging articles can be very emotive and have the power to lay waste to all the the great work that's currently happening. I really should stop reading Mail Online. I don't have a cat but my gorgeous  Cockerpoo, Ted, having read these posts has rushed off the hide anything that looks like a syringe! Thanks again and best wishes. J.x

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Nothing remotely whingey about your previous posts, Jane. 

Please continue to keep us all updated with your useful and helpful posts.

Harry

Thanks so much Harry. I really appreciate you saying that. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I always enjoy reading your excellent posts Jane.  

It sounds like you work for a very well organised surgery.

Look after yourself.......

Thanks so much Angel. Very kind of you to say that. Take care and best wishes. Jane. X

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have decided that the way that some of the posts are going I am no longer comfortable to continue so I will say goodbye.  Thank you to everyone who has shown support to me and others.  I hope that you and your families all stay well and get to enjoy cruising in the near future.  

Oh no, please don’t go, I always look for your posts. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have decided that the way that some of the posts are going I am no longer comfortable to continue so I will say goodbye.  Thank you to everyone who has shown support to me and others.  I hope that you and your families all stay well and get to enjoy cruising in the near future.  

Josy, you’ve been a valuable contributor here, and I obviously don’t know the background to your post, but it’s very sad to read.

Please don’t be put off by the actions of a small minority. Come back to join us whenever you can, but meanwhile, very best wishes.

Harry

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I find your posts really helpful and great to hear something from 'source'

Thanks ever so much Ann. You're very kind. By the way, I didn’t book that October cruise in the end. The cost for a solo was prohibitive when the final price was given. It looks like a lovely itinerary though and I would have booked it had I not already committed to a Med next August taking my family. It's my retirement year and I rashly offered to pay for all of us! Take care and best wishes. J.x

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Please stay Josy.We are so grateful to you, Pete and others for taking part in the vaccine trials.I think because people are anxious about when they will be vaccinated it is easy to pick up on negative news to try and explain the reason when it probably isn't true(Manchester Newspaper)Jane has explained how it works at her practice and I am sure that is the case with 99.9 % of practices/hubs etc. I really value your posts and it gave me a 'lift' to read the good news about your niece and god daughter

Edited by ann141
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Like others who have posted, I am saddened that your voice of compassion, reason and good common sense may be missing in future. Some threads, such as this one,  do tend to deteriorate as they get sidetracked, and that can sometimes make for uncomfortable reading, but the vast majority of posters are supportive and decent people who we would all be happy to share a cruiseship with. At least we know that moderators delete posts reasonably reported to them, which usually keeps things on track. If this is goodbye, stay safe and hopefully the goodbye will only be temporary.

• Like 11

Have a couple of days off Josy - then ‘come back new’.  Don’t catch up with historic stuff, just dive in.  
“Aggro” tends to be cyclical, who knows why?  If you can grit your teeth and see it through, it’ll go away

There’s always the Ignore function, to save you viewing posts from people whose opinions and attitude you’d rather avoid.  I’m rather embarrassed to admit that I have 12 names on my list 😳. Some are troll-types, probably long gone but, sadly, some are long-term posters.  But you gotta do what you gotta do

On that note - if you gotta go, then Goodbye and Take Care.  Thanks for telling us of the trial and thanks for being in it

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks ever so much Ann. You're very kind. By the way, I didn’t book that October cruise in the end. The cost for a solo was prohibitive when the final price was given. It looks like a lovely itinerary though and I would have booked it had I not already committed to a Med next August taking my family. It's my retirement year and I rashly offered to pay for all of us! Take care and best wishes. J.x

It does seem unfair that costs for solo's are prohibitive.It may be worth keep looking in case Princess have a 'solos' offer at some time in the future.It;s a big ship to fill!.You certainly deserve another holiday with all the work you are doing to help us all.Hopefully if not on this October cruise, we might meet up on a cruise in the future.Take Care 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

2 more centres opened up today down here in the South West.  Plymouth Argyle football ground and somewhere else in Cornwall.

Also heard that Westpoint in Exeter is going to be used.  Cornwall's centre is at Stithians Showground. Don't know how anyone without a car would get there though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Never mind me don't tell the cat

I was worrying about how they are organising the GP vaccine hubs locally so did some checking online. Nearest to me 15 mins walk away is a health centre providing vaccine for 9 surgeries who have a total of at least 20 doctors. My surgery/hub is up to 1.5 hours walk away or a bus ride and a walk😠. It is only vaccinating for 6 surgeries and I wondered why. I checked the surgery sites and there are a total of 22 doctors involved. It turns out the 'host' practice has 14 doctors employed and the other 5 have 8 doctors combined. I knew it was a large practice but 14 doctors.😱 At least they are vaccinating as reported by friends of friends. 

From what has been said before, I'm a 10 minute walk from the health centre that you mention, and it is where I will eventually get my jab ( unless they open a mass vaccination centre somewhere in in Medway or Kent).  I walk past the health centre a couple of times a week on my walking route, and it always seems eerily quiet - I expected to see a bit of bustle if that's where vaccinations are happening.  My doctor's web site says they are still on the over 80's, and will call the 75-79's 'soon'.

Whereas my friend in Scotland, who was 70 last month, has got his appointment for 3rd February, although he has to go into central Edinburgh for it.

It seems different all over the country. 

I’m actually quite “happy” about the variations.  Hopefully it means that every area is approaching the vaccination task in the way that suits it best -  high population density, sparsely populated, lots of elderly, etc etc.  I’d much rather that than a government imposed one-size-fits-all

Face it - getting the jab isn’t going to allow us ‘down the pub’, in cinemas, theatres and restaurants, or on holiday, any time soon.  Nothing is going to open in a hurry (i hope).  We’re not missing out.  Just waiting patiently till everyone is done

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Whereas my friend in Scotland, who was 70 last month, has got his appointment for 3rd February, although he has to go into central Edinburgh for it.

Things were a bit slow to get started up here but are beginning to pick up pace a bit now. The invitations are out to the over 70s and 95% of the care home residents have their first vaccine. The over 80s group is still only half way, things vary from health board to health board and GP to GP (geography can be an issue).

It’s also great to see 95% for the NHS and social care staff on the front line.

The take up rate for the vaccine is much higher than anticipated and some GPS in smaller practices have had 100% take up for the over 80s invited.

We are moving to a blue envelope system for invitations as the postal system has been a bit slow and Royal Mail will now know to prioritise these invitations for delivery. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Sorry, forgot about phone calls too. From what I've seen, a lot of Dr's are often making calls with only a day or two notice. I'm guessing they only know what vaccine stock they're getting at short notice (or when it turns up). 

Had a phone call from the local g.p. on 18th at 0915 and the pfizer vaccine same day at 1400,wife had call from g.p. yesterday and has her jab tomorrow at 0915.What your saying sounds about right and when i went for mine it was all very well organised,all doing an excellant job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Kalos. I wasn't upset - just embarrassed really because these damaging articles can be very emotive and have the power to lay waste to all the the great work that's currently happening. I really should stop reading Mail Online. I don't have a cat but my gorgeous  Cockerpoo, Ted, having read these posts has rushed off the hide anything that looks like a syringe! Thanks again and best wishes. J.x

I have a cockapoo (mad aren’t they!)....... My Vet has just said to me that they are not doing vaccinations currently so mine is happy!

11 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I have a cockapoo (mad aren’t they!)....... My Vet has just said to me that they are not doing vaccinations currently so mine is happy!

There was a report somewhere yesterday that the scientists are gearing up for a covid vaccine for animals, on the grounds that they were more likely to cause mutations should they catch covid. 

Don't let your dog read this post, Angel... And Dave should be very afraid; it seems that not only do cats kill wildlife, it could be you!🙀

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I imagine the exuberance of a cocker spaniel combined with the intelligence of a poodle could be pretty interesting.

Does he/she shed hair? 

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

I had not intended to post this week because my previous posts all looked so whingey and grizzling but I've been following you all and am a bit  upset by some of the content, namely:

1) Giving vaccines to buddies: please be assured that in my hub at least this does not happen. I go armed with a list of patients who I have spoken to previously and who could get to the hub with very short notice. Bear in mind that some of these lovely people have to rely on a lift from family/friends/neighbours and it's not always possible. If, and only if, there are any left, and we have exhausted all means of getting people in, we have given the vaccine to the volunteers who are on-site. They are at huge risk as are often in contact with between 400 and 900 potential carriers every day so I think that's justified. Anything rather than waste a single shot. No cats yet Phil! I do however feel embarrassed and ashamed if this "buddy" system is going on in some areas. Sorry on their behalf if it's been at the expense of any patients who should have been given those vaccines.

2) Scammers: We've heard about this and it's despicable. My surgery, and all others in my hub, are either telephoning or texting patients. If in doubt about a contact, please phone your surgery to check it out and report it. Never ever give card details. It sounds obvious but I can see how people can be taken in by a plausible caller. I believe the mass vaccine sites are contacting people by letter but even then, they already have all your information and card details will never be requested. You guys on here are all very savvy and probably wouldn't be taken in but do warn all your less- able friends and neighbours. 

Finally, some good news from me - at last, you're all saying. This week, having received a delivery of the AZ, we are visiting the housebound from all eight practices to give the vaccine. We are telephoning in advance so they are expecting us and are very happy to finally be able to reach these patients. Sometimes, tea is offered, and that's a welcome relief from a cold tent!

I'm really heartened to read that so many of you have received, or have a date, for your vaccine. Good luck and be prepared for the sore arm! 

Be well, be safe, and best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks again Jane, I always look forward to your posts, I like to hear the facts from the front line, it is always difficult to get those from the media. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope some posters on here take note that some posts are confrontational to others. I made a similar decision and post only a couple of days ago so we cannot both be wrong.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

I imagine the exuberance of a cocker spaniel combined with the intelligence of a poodle could be pretty interesting.

Does he/she shed hair? 

My daughter has a Cockerpoo and she has a lovely but lively temperament, she doesn't shed hair/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Does he/she shed hair? 

No - Freddie does not shed hair. You have hit the nail on the head with the description! 

09497555-9CB2-4768-B03F-1D1A9A599F9D.jpeg

Edited by Angel57
Spelling
  • Like 8