New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

My flu vaccination was done so well, I actually didn't feel a thing.  However, my arm ached for a week afterwards, but that's OK.  My husband's arm didn't hurt at all.  Hmmmph.

All those people demonstrating in London, no masks, all together.  Some people just don't get it do they.  Maybe they need a relative or friend to die and that would change their mind.

Stupid people probably believe that it all a conspiracy and doesn't actually exist.  If it wasn't for the fact that they will pass it on to innocent people and take up NHS resources I would say that I hope they catch it. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

When I had my flu jab I asked for a big plaster. Why she asked. How can I tell DW it really hurt if I haven't got a plaster. Sorry Ladies , but research has shown that jabs hurt 87.26% of men, but only 17.24% of Ladies. I will still have it, but I bet I get a bigger plaster than normal🤔.

Edited by yorkshirephil
not required

1 minute ago, KnowTheScore said:

So if I'm not vulnerable then I already have an 86% chance of having no problems whatsoever.

Then I have an additional chance of only getting mild symptom that require no treatment or hospitalisation.  I'm very happy with those odds.   Very happy indeed.  🙂

No vaccine for me.  Just no reason at all to take the risk of getting some of the life changing adverse side effects that vaccines give to a small subset of people.     The vulnerable, no question, different decision, they need to take the risk, such is life.  The non-vulnerable?   Can't see the justification.  Let them make their own personal decisions.  If they are worried, then they can get the shots, if not, no worries.   It's very clear from numerous surveys that many millions of people in the UK have absolutely no intention of getting vaccinated.

You are missing half the point.  If you don't get vaccinated they you are putting other people, the vulnerable at risk as you may get it and pass it on.  There you choice but equally no way should people who refuse to get the vaccine be allowed to cruise.  Its not actually about you its about the whole population.

Using your arguement you should be allowed to do what you want at the moment, go out to pubs not wear at mask because the vaccine won't cause you a problem.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

You are missing half the point.  If you don't get vaccinated they you are putting other people, the vulnerable at risk as you may get it and pass it on.  There you choice but equally no way should people who refuse to get the vaccine be allowed to cruise.  Its not actually about you its about the whole population.

Using your arguement you should be allowed to do what you want at the moment, go out to pubs not wear at mask because the vaccine won't cause you a problem.

Sometimes it is pointless knocking.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

You're being quite generous there 😉

13 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

This is a virus for whom 86% of people have NO SYMPTOMS at all !

And for whom, more than 56,000 people in the UK alone, has been fatal, some of them who have been infected by some of the 86% who have had no noticeable symptoms at all. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

And for whom more than 56,000 people in the UK alone has been fatal, some of them who have been infected by some of the 86% who have had no noticeable symptoms at all. 

Like, I am sure you and many others on here, if my Doctor books me in for a jab I will be straight up there. When the nurse is preparing the jab, I will probably ask what brand She is just going to pump into my arm ( I assume arm, but...). If my Doctor/nurse/NHS/regulator et al think that is the most appropriate for me, or indeed the only one they have, I will still ask for a plaster. I won't know what Google says as I doubt if I will check afterwards. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Never mind not being allowed to cruise I want them to carry a handbell shouting unclean,  and not be allowed in any public building anywhere, and that includes motorway toilet facilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I find the Ignored Users option quite useful?  Go to your acount and you can add people.  It really does shorten the topic!!🤣

Oh, I don't if that's such a good idea Jean. Medically speaking it's good for you to have really good laugh now and again.  Laughter relieves stress  and increases the immune cells. All good things regarding covid😊

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

There is a piece in today's paper suggesting that we should all be tolerant of other's opinions, but do not have to respect them.  This is referring to the Universities who will not allow certain people to give lectures  about contentious matters, like trans phobia, etc., but should at least give them the opportunity  to speak on their subject.  However, this works two ways, and pushing an opinion, which is what it is,  re vaccination,  down our throats, as fact, is what is so irritating.  I always try to see the other point of view, but have to be allowed to make my own mind up without being treated as an idiot.

There's  nowt so queer as folk, as they say where I come from.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Stupid people question no doubt but how do I ignore a poster? No prize for guessing who.

Just now, bobstheboy said:

Jean thanks, I couldn't stand to read his drivel any longer.

This thing is that if the statistics go against him and he does get the virus and ends up in hospital then there are two bits of good news for him.

Firstly just like the people who accidently sit down on fruit, veg and air freshners he will still get treated.  The second bit of good news for him is that we no longer are able to put the short-hand codes down as to what we really think about patients.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

This thing is that if the statistics go against him and he does get the virus and ends up in hospital then there are two bits of good news for him.

Firstly just like the people who accidently sit down on fruit, veg and air freshners he will still get treated.  The second bit of good news for him is that we no longer are able to put the short-hand codes down as to what we really think about patients.

Ha ha,you must work in A&E.......tomato ketchup bottle(old fashioned glass one) was the best I've had!!!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The second bit of good news for him is that we no longer are able to put the short-hand codes down as to what we really think about patients.

The only one I can remember is NFN,  but that is surely 'political correctness gone mad' , or is it 'wokeness'  nowadays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The only one I can remember is NFN,  but that is surely 'political correctness gone mad' , or is it 'wokeness'  nowadays. 

No its the power of Subject Access Requests where people have the right to have access to their notes!

45 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The second bit of good news for him is that we no longer are able to put the short-hand codes down as to what we really think about patients.

I’m intrigued. Can you share what they were and what they meant? 😂 

2 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Sorry but if those other people have been vaccinated then surely they are protected aren't they?  So how can I possibly be putting them at risk??

Oh . . . unless the vaccines don't work and are useless of course !    In which case I doubly see no reason to get vaccinated.

No I am taking about the people whoare unable to take the vaccine for medical reasons.  You really aren't very bright are you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1