New vaccine

hollyjess

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Selbourne, from the beginning of the vaccine roll out local GP  surgeries have been at least 1 day behind the  NHS letters, and some have been several days or a week or so later.

It was a week after Frank got his letter that our surgery contacted him, then we got a 2 for1 offer, and very grateful I was too. I recieved my letter 4 days later and then Frank recieved another one the day after that. There seems to been no system.

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It was a week after Frank got his letter that our surgery contacted him, then we got a 2 for1 offer, and very grateful I was too. I recieved my letter 4 days later and then Frank recieved another one the day after that. There seems to been no system.

Avril

Probably not, but it is surely better to have too many invites than none at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Simon Stevens has just explained that they hope that GPs will be able to concentrate on group 6 because of their relationship with this vulnerable group. So they are trying to get group 5 to attend the major hubs rather than wait for a GP vaccination.

Having already texted me and told me to book my jab (group 5, no medical conditions) at the local GP centre...

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Selbourne, from the beginning of the vaccine roll out local GP  surgeries have been at least 1 day behind the  NHS letters, and some have been several days or a week or so later.

I got a text from my surgery last Friday, NHS letter landed on the doormat today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Had my second one today.  Was told people appear to be experiencing more short lived flu like symptoms as compared to first dose.   Will wait and see (not much choice really!).

Gosh, congratulations. Are you our first second dose?🙂

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Gosh, congratulations. Are you our first second dose?🙂

No idea.  I missed getting it in three weeks by day as they cancelled all the NHS staff ones the day before.  As my current role is part-time I've signed up to do the vaccinations locally with a different health board.  Been though all the manditory courses, now just waiting for a date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Graham, the clinically extremely vulnerable and high risk groups still seem to be evolving - only a few days ago many asthmatics were removed from the at risk group 6 and now have to wait their turn by age grouping alone, and my daughter's immunosuppressant treatment was transferred from the clinically extremely vulnerable group to group 6 a while ago, though some having the same treatment have already been given the vaccination.

Go figure, as the Americans say, and I hope you get the vaccine asap.

This is the list for cohort 6.

It says Heart Problem which my heart attack I presume is in that category.

I'm not in a rush after having  covid19 but will go when invited.

Screenshot_20210111_181345_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20210111_181414_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

So it looks like you should be group 6. Fingers crossed.🤞

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Had my second one today.  Was told people appear to be experiencing more short lived flu like symptoms as compared to first dose.   Will wait and see (not much choice really!).

Great news you have had your second jab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Everything on that list is understandable except one. Why is psoriasis on there? Maybe Jane will be able to explain.

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Everything on that list is understandable except one. Why is psoriasis on there? Maybe Jane will be able to explain.

Avril

Psoriasis can be caused by an abnormal immune system, it is lumped in with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis as they are also linked to the immune system.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Psoriasis can be caused by an abnormal immune system, it is lumped in with Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis as they are also linked to the immune system.

Thank you. My daughter has psoriasis, and was told it was stress related, that'a why I was surprised it was on that list. She isn't on meds just creams.

Avril

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. My daughter has psoriasis, and was told it was stress related, that'a why I was surprised it was on that list. She isn't on meds just creams.

Avril

That is a bit of a cop out, stress can make it worse or even triggers it. If the cream works then fine but if stress was making it worse it would be logical to treat the stress.

• Like 2

Just been doing a bit of research re psoriasis and prioritisation for the the covid vaccine for sufferers (have psoriasis myself).

The Psoriasis Association have published some information recently:

"On 27th January 2021, Public Health England clarified that people with psoriasis will only fall into priority group 6 (Adults aged 16 to 65 years in at at-risk group) for COVID-19 vaccination if they are taking a long term immunosuppressive treatment (i.e. a systemic or biologic medication). People who have a diagnosis of psoriasis but are not taking an immunosuppressive treatment and do not have any other conditions which would put them at higher risk, will not fall into this group and will be contacted about receiving their vaccination based on the same factors as the general population.

This update is in line with guidance from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The Greenbook (the guide that doctors use when deciding who needs a vaccine and when) has been updated accordingly – please see the section on ‘immunosuppression’ - page 10 of the Greenbook chapter 14a.

To confirm this, Public Health England has now published a new version of the vaccination priority groups poster with updated wording regarding people with psoriasis to reflect this clarification. This poster is dated 27th January 2021. Please refer to the details on this poster ahead of any other literature you may have received which was published before this date.

If you are in the 'clinically extremely vulnerable' group and have been shielding, due to the combination of immunosuppressive or biologic medicines you receive for your psoriasis, or because you have a medical condition on this list, you will fall into priority group 4 for COVID-19 vaccination. If you are in this group, you may already have been invited to receive the vaccine.

Full link to the article below:

Psoriasis and COVID-19 vaccine priority groups - Psoriasis Association (psoriasis-association.org.uk)

And the poster they refer to is: 

COVID-19 vaccination – First phase priority groups (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just been doing a bit of research re psoriasis and prioritisation for the the covid vaccine for sufferers (have psoriasis myself).

The Psoriasis Association have published some information recently:

"On 27th January 2021, Public Health England clarified that people with psoriasis will only fall into priority group 6 (Adults aged 16 to 65 years in at at-risk group) for COVID-19 vaccination if they are taking a long term immunosuppressive treatment (i.e. a systemic or biologic medication). People who have a diagnosis of psoriasis but are not taking an immunosuppressive treatment and do not have any other conditions which would put them at higher risk, will not fall into this group and will be contacted about receiving their vaccination based on the same factors as the general population.

This update is in line with guidance from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The Greenbook (the guide that doctors use when deciding who needs a vaccine and when) has been updated accordingly – please see the section on ‘immunosuppression’ - page 10 of the Greenbook chapter 14a.

To confirm this, Public Health England has now published a new version of the vaccination priority groups poster with updated wording regarding people with psoriasis to reflect this clarification. This poster is dated 27th January 2021. Please refer to the details on this poster ahead of any other literature you may have received which was published before this date.

If you are in the 'clinically extremely vulnerable' group and have been shielding, due to the combination of immunosuppressive or biologic medicines you receive for your psoriasis, or because you have a medical condition on this list, you will fall into priority group 4 for COVID-19 vaccination. If you are in this group, you may already have been invited to receive the vaccine.

Full link to the article below:

Psoriasis and COVID-19 vaccine priority groups - Psoriasis Association (psoriasis-association.org.uk)

And the poster they refer to is: 

COVID-19 vaccination – First phase priority groups (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Hope this is helpful.

This is the same as Asthma, originally if you were taking any treatment you would be in group 6. The wording has now changed and unless you are very high risk you fall back to your age group.

7 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Mixed messages from Matt Hancock and boss of NHS. They clearly said this morning both over 65's and clinically vulnerable adults could book a jab today. As others have found out this is incorrect. I like Hancock but he must be more careful when he gives out information to the public.

My wife and I are both over 65 had our letters end of last week, booked our appointments online  Saturday, went today, saw a few other over 65s we knew.

Got home and then received text from GP inviting me for a vaccination so from he both hubs & GP seem to be working from same “hymn” sheet

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife and I are both over 65 had our letters end of last week, booked our appointments online  Saturday, went today, saw a few other over 65s we knew.

Got home and then received text from GP inviting me for a vaccination so from he both hubs & GP seem to be working from same “hymn” sheet

I guess each surgery will know how many group 6 patients they have, therefore only those with large numbers will be opting not to text their category 5 patients.

Well, I’m completely gobsmacked.

The GP surgery never contacted my Group 5 husband for a jab, so he had his done at a vaccination centre about 12 miles away, on Saturday.

This morning, I received a text from the GP, inviting me in for my jab, and I’m in group 7 !  There was a link on the text, and I’ve booked for Friday morning. It took about 30 seconds.

I’m in shock, I honestly thought I was going to have to wait until at least mid March. 

At the start of the year we both emailed the surgery with our full contact details. A few weeks ago, I received a text from the NHS about Covid testing available in our area, but my husband didn’t, so I’m wondering if they didn’t record his mobile number correctly. I’ll get him to email the details again just in case.

My husband has one advantage in that he already has his appointment for his 2nd jab. As I’m now going by the GP route, I understand I’ll get my 2nd appointment later.

I’m feeling pleased.... but rather stunned 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The GP surgery never contacted my Group 5 husband for a jab, so he had his done at a vaccination centre about 12 miles away, on Saturday.

This morning, I received a text from the GP, inviting me in for my jab, and I’m in group 7 !  There was a link on the text, and I’ve booked for Friday morning. It took about 30 seconds.

I’m in shock, I honestly thought I was going to have to wait until at least mid March. 

At the start of the year we both emailed the surgery with our full contact details. A few weeks ago, I received a text from the NHS about Covid testing available in our area, but my husband didn’t, so I’m wondering if they didn’t record his mobile number correctly. I’ll get him to email the details again just in case.

My husband has one advantage in that he already has his appointment for his 2nd jab. As I’m now going by the GP route, I understand I’ll get my 2nd appointment later.

I am also pleased for you as we all want to be vaccinated ASAP and nobody is going to turn down the opportunity when it arises, but it does rather confirm my theory that many GP surgeries don’t appear to be following the correct group order. A lot seem to be simply working down in age order, moving to the 60-64 age group (group 7) having offered all the 65-70’s (group 5). On the basis that the massive group 6 (16-64 with underlying health conditions) only commenced officially yesterday and is about 3 times larger than the other groups, I would be surprised if they have completed them already!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Good news! Delighted for both of you!!! 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I am also pleased for you as we all want to be vaccinated ASAP and nobody is going to turn down the opportunity when it arises, but it does rather confirm my theory that many GP surgeries don’t appear to be following the correct group order. A lot seem to be simply working down in age order, moving to the 60-64 age group (group 7) having offered all the 65-70’s (group 5). On the basis that the massive group 6 (16-64 with underlying health conditions) only commenced officially yesterday and is about 3 times larger than the other groups, I would be surprised if they have completed them already!

As I commented in #4952, not every GP surgery will have large numbers of group 6 patients.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As I commented in #4952, not every GP surgery will have large numbers of group 6 patients.

Doubt it John. Statistically they will have, on average, around 3 times the number in group 6 than in other groups. Given the huge range of conditions covered by group 6 I doubt that there’s a surgery in the country without a very large number. Jane mentioned some time back that her surgery alone had 2,000 patients in group 6

• Like 1

Just now, Selbourne said:

Doubt it John. Statistically they will have, on average, around 3 times the number in group 6 than in other groups. Given the huge range of conditions covered by group 6 I doubt that there’s a surgery in the country without a very large number. Jane mentioned some time back that her surgery alone had 2,000 patients in group 6

Don't forget Selbourne, "Lies, Damn lies and Statistics".