Cruise Cancelled by Celebrity 😭

SevenSeas1492

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Isn’t Connie still in Europe?
If so, she won’t be effected by CDC ruling.

This is a March 11 night  touch canal cruise out of Tampa... so we all know it’s toast. Unfortunately it’s not eligible for lift and shift or I would have done that long ago.

12 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity also on November 4 extended suspension of all cruises. Wonder which is correct?

The latest notice I see on Celebrity's website is dated 2nd November, which extends their suspension until 31 December 2020.  That's only until the end of this year so has no relevance for the cruises recently cancelled for 2021/22.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, marieps said:

All these cancellations and yet the 10 and 11 nighters on Connie just 3 months from now are still listed and book-ready.  I feel for anyone who falls for that trap.

Our final payment for this cruise was coming soon and the last thing we wanted to do was pay knowing it would be cancelled.  So we cancelled on our own and lost $100 to the TA since we cancelled instead of X. 

50 minutes ago, blueboro said:

Our final payment for this cruise was coming soon and the last thing we wanted to do was pay knowing it would be cancelled.  So we cancelled on our own and lost $100 to the TA since we cancelled instead of X. 

My TA has never charged me for cancelling before final.

25 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'd be looking for a new TA if mine decided to start charging for cancellations. 

This TA while they generally have some good group rates has always had a cancellation fee.   You agree to it when you sign up for the cruise.   I used them for about a dozen cruises then found a TA which gives me a straight % return in OBC and charges no fees.

I think many of this TA's clients are going to be looking elsewhere in the future due to this and service related issues during the shutdown.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

This TA while they generally have some good group rates has always had a cancellation fee.   You agree to it when you sign up for the cruise.   I used them for about a dozen cruises then found a TA which gives me a straight % return in OBC and charges no fees.

I think many of this TA's clients are going to be looking elsewhere in the future due to this and service related issues during the shutdown.

Sometimes being a bit greedy works against you in the long run, as that TA will undoubtedly discover. Good to hear that you have found another TA.

54 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Sometimes being a bit greedy works against you in the long run, as that TA will undoubtedly discover. Good to hear that you have found another TA.

I tried a TA with a membership fee (not the big box warehouse) because the fee was waived through another membership I have.  They had a fantastic rate for a Sky Suite on Connie for February, but you had to pay in full up front (Oct last year).  A year later my reservation disappeared from my account, and X told the TA it was cancelled...though they claimed they couldn't explain how.  I certainly didn't do it.  I'm now waiting for my refund, as promised, and the room is in inventory at more than double the price.  The cruise is doomed as it's 10 days in February.   X refused to L&S me to the exact same cruise in 2022.

31 minutes ago, marieps said:

I tried a TA with a membership fee (not the big box warehouse) because the fee was waived through another membership I have.  They had a fantastic rate for a Sky Suite on Connie for February, but you had to pay in full up front (Oct last year).  A year later my reservation disappeared from my account, and X told the TA it was cancelled...though they claimed they couldn't explain how.  I certainly didn't do it.  I'm now waiting for my refund, as promised, and the room is in inventory at more than double the price.  The cruise is doomed as it's 10 days in February.   X refused to L&S me to the exact same cruise in 2022.

You couldn't make up some of the cruise-related horror stories I've read this year. SMH

I have a cruise scheduled next August to Alaska.  Fortunately it is exactly 7 nights.  Just curious if anyone knows (no speculation) the reason the CDC has picked 7 days?  Don't think it would circumvent any COVID issues really.  By then they may be requiring vaccination certification anyway.

16 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

I have a cruise scheduled next August to Alaska.  Fortunately it is exactly 7 nights.  Just curious if anyone knows (no speculation) the reason the CDC has picked 7 days?  Don't think it would circumvent any COVID issues really.  By then they may be requiring vaccination certification anyway.

There are numerous threads here and on other boards in which posters have speculated on the question "why 7 days", but I doubt that anyone here can provide you with anything more than a educated guess.

1 hour ago, mimbecky said:

The dice came up 3 and 4.  Hence, 7.  Just be thankful it wasn't snake-eyes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

Kind of surprised too, at least this far out!

We cancelled March but are having difficulty with Celebrity!  Hope that we get our money back or credit  This is the second cruise to be cancelled and Celebrity is really giving us a hard time.  We originally paid over $8000 in full,  for an edge cruise that got postponed due to covid from last march. Changed to the Equinox cruise for this march, postponed that one due to covid and the fact that it was a nine night cruise to another cruise next march.  Got an e-mail from Celebrity that they wouldn't apply the $8000 to the new cruise- even though the agent on the phone assured me it was fine-  I will call celebrity monday to straighten out!  

On 11/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, Vlgg731 said:

We have a 10 day on January 4, 2021 to the ABC and they still haven't cancelled it.  I wish they would get it done.  We are going to take our money back.  The cruise was for our 30th anniversary and could use the money to celebrate another way.  It is irritating that they are cancelling later cruises before ours.  And I can't cancel my flights until the cruise is cancelled.  My travel agent hasn't heard anything yet on our trip.

We are in the same boat (pun intended).  Jan 25 Refection to the ABCs. Haven’t heard a word from X yet, but luckily our go to guy there advised us not to buy flights yet.  Fully paid and planning on taking a refund.  No way of knowing when cruising will begin if ever.  From what I have read, any suspension past spring will be a financial stretch.

Edited by Bobsgonecoastal

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We cancelled March but are having difficulty with Celebrity!  Hope that we get our money back or credit  This is the second cruise to be cancelled and Celebrity is really giving us a hard time.  We originally paid over $8000 in full,  for an edge cruise that got postponed due to covid from last march. Changed to the Equinox cruise for this march, postponed that one due to covid and the fact that it was a nine night cruise to another cruise next march.  Got an e-mail from Celebrity that they wouldn't apply the $8000 to the new cruise- even though the agent on the phone assured me it was fine-  I will call celebrity monday to straighten out!  

This is why we won't make final payment for our August, 2021, ABC unless there are some serious improvements before then.  I just don't trust the lines any more.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

This is why we won't make final payment for our August, 2021, ABC unless there are some serious improvements before then.  I just don't trust the lines any more.

Agree, and as much as I do love Celebrity, from many that I have read on here, they do seem to be the last minute line...I fortunately did not experience that with my two cancelled cruises.  Clearly though, many have, I'd be very frustrated and p****d off too.

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Agree, and as much as I do love Celebrity, from many that I have read on here, they do seem to be the last minute line...I fortunately did not experience that with my two cancelled cruises.  Clearly though, many have, I'd be very frustrated and p****d off too.

We've dealt with Celebrity and Princess during this mess.  Celebrity has been our line of choice but Princess has handled our cancellations so much better we'll likely go with them when all this is over.

• Like 1

Reading this thread, it made me realize that although, I have not heard anything from Celibrity, it does not bode well for our 14 night cruise on Silhouette out of Southampton departing May 29, 2021. 

Following the cancellation of our March 2020 Asian cruise on Millenium, it was a difficult process, but I was ultimately very satisfied with the refund provided by Celebrity. We also had a March 2020 Hawaîan cruise on Norwegian.... the cancellation circumstances were different but the outcome not so good.

I don’t look forward to the likelihood of a third cancelled cruise.... P.s. I never had a trip cancelled trip prior to Covid.... Strange times really.