Cruise Cancelled by Celebrity 😭

SevenSeas1492

Just got the notice that my May 25 Summit cruise to Charleston and Bermuda is cancelled.  I expected that because it was a 10-nighter.  I don't believe any cruises over 7-nights are going to survive.  Waiting to hear about my August Iceland/Greenland cruises, also on Summit.  Those are 14-nights each, so I'm sure they won't survive the heavy hammer of the CDC.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Waiting to hear about my August Iceland/Greenland cruises, also on Summit.  Those are 14-nights each, so I'm sure they won't survive the heavy hammer of the CDC.

If these cruises do not depart, visit or return to any US ports you may be OK. We have 2  Europe  cruises on the Infinity booked in May and August that are 12 and 10 days long that so far have not been cancelled. The bigger problems are if Italy, Spain and Greece are not in lockdowns next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If these cruises do not depart, visit or return to any US ports you may be OK. We have 2  Europe  cruises on the Infinity booked in May and August that are 12 and 10 days long that so far have not been cancelled. The bigger problems are if Italy, Spain and Greece are not in lockdowns next year.

The first one departs from Cape Liberty and the second one returns to Boston, so yes, the heavy hammer of the CDC comes into play.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

Just got an email from Celebrity stating our May 14th 9-night cruise to the ABC islands has been cancelled!  Not really surprised, but disappointed.  Hope the cruise lines will survive this pandemic and will be around when we plan our next cruise!

We have an Equinox March  12, 2021 cruise, it is 9 days- haven't heard anything yet.  We assume it will be cancelled.  Surprised you got a letter about May.

17 hours ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

Just got an email from Celebrity stating our May 14th 9-night cruise to the ABC islands has been cancelled!  Not really surprised, but disappointed.  Hope the cruise lines will survive this pandemic and will be around when we plan our next cruise!

That’s interesting.  We are booked on the reflection to the ABCs January 25 for 11 nights and haven’t heard a word.  I’m assuming it will be canceled as the CDC is limiting domestic cruises to 7 night maximums.  Planning to cruise other lines Anyway after C decided to throw us E+ customers under the bus.  There are very good deals to be had elsewhere, so hope it’s canceled.  So much for loyalty.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

That’s interesting.  We are booked on the reflection to the ABCs January 25 for 11 nights and haven’t heard a word.  I’m assuming it will be canceled as the CDC is limiting domestic cruises to 7 night maximums.  Planning to cruise other lines Anyway after C decided to throw us E+ customers under the bus.  There are very good deals to be had elsewhere, so hope it’s canceled.  So much for loyalty.

Even 7 nights in January 2021 will be toast.

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just got the notice that my May 25 Summit cruise to Charleston and Bermuda is cancelled.  I expected that because it was a 10-nighter.  I don't believe any cruises over 7-nights are going to survive.  Waiting to hear about my August Iceland/Greenland cruises, also on Summit.  Those are 14-nights each, so I'm sure they won't survive the heavy hammer of the CDC.

Royal Group HQ announced they will have no cruises longer than 7 days before November.  Some 6 & 8 day cruises being changed to 7 days.  Have got to think this applies to Celebrity as well.

14 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Royal Group HQ announced they will have no cruises longer than 7 days before November.  Some 6 & 8 day cruises being changed to 7 days.  Have got to think this applies to Celebrity as well.

Celebrity has already started doing so.  See the Equinox changes here  https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/itinerary-modifications

4 hours ago, marieps said:

All these cancellations and yet the 10 and 11 nighters on Connie just 3 months from now are still listed and book-ready.  I feel for anyone who falls for that trap.

Exactly! Still waiting for them to cancel our March touch canal cruise. We know it’s being cancelled but I’d really love for them to do it before my final payment is due! I guess they are cancelling ship by ship instead of by dates. Meanwhile, I keep getting random credits from Celebrity on my credit card. We’ve had over ten cruises cancelled. Some we have taken FCC, some lift and shift, some refunded. My TA is excellent at staying on top of what I should be getting back but occasionally I get random amounts back (this week $504) that we can’t figure out. Then sometimes they refund me and decide that they really shouldn’t have. What a mess!

16 minutes ago, djh said:

Exactly! Still waiting for them to cancel our March touch canal cruise. We know it’s being cancelled but I’d really love for them to do it before my final payment is due! I guess they are cancelling ship by ship instead of by dates. Meanwhile, I keep getting random credits from Celebrity on my credit card. We’ve had over ten cruises cancelled. Some we have taken FCC, some lift and shift, some refunded. My TA is excellent at staying on top of what I should be getting back but occasionally I get random amounts back (this week $504) that we can’t figure out. Then sometimes they refund me and decide that they really shouldn’t have. What a mess!

We are waiting for more than $5K.  Your various smaller amounts may be port taxes or bev upgrades if you paid for them in advance.

Edited by marieps

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The first one departs from Cape Liberty and the second one returns to Boston, so yes, the heavy hammer of the CDC comes into play.

Why not ask if you can board at the first foreign port, and if approved by X, fly to that port and enjoy your cruises?

Donna

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Why not ask if you can board at the first foreign port, and if approved by X, fly to that port and enjoy your cruises?

Donna

The issue is that both cruises are 14 days in length, double the length allowed under the CDC framework document. 

Just now, Fouremco said:

The issue is that both cruises are 14 days in length, double the length allowed under the CDC framework document. 

I was thinking that if you didn't board or disembark either cruise from the US, one might - I say might - be able to circumvent the 7 day rule?  Whoops, lightbulb just flashed!  Of course, CDC won't permit either sailing since more than 7 days, so even flying would land her with no ship to board.  Dummy me!!!

4 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I was thinking that if you didn't board or disembark either cruise from the US, one might - I say might - be able to circumvent the 7 day rule?  Whoops, lightbulb just flashed!  Of course, CDC won't permit either sailing since more than 7 days, so even flying would land her with no ship to board.  Dummy me!!!

LOL. I think we are all so-o-o-o anxious to get going again that we are looking for any way to circumvent the restrictions. Keep trying! 

3 hours ago, marieps said:

We are waiting for more than $5K.  Your various smaller amounts may be port taxes or bev upgrades if you paid for them in advance.

Yes,  I got port taxes for a cruise back on the same day as I got the mysterious  $504. We paid for nothing extra for that cruise. We were in a suite so no upgrades and we hadn’t purchased any shore excursions.  Maybe I’m getting port taxes for the Connie cruise that they haven’t cancelled yet😂😂😂😂.

Well! I was booked Last May 15 for Bermuda etc. - I made the mistake of accepting an Fcc for 2021-now everything is pushed forward to 2022-. I DO NOT want that- but I’m told that I have no choice because the FCC contract also carries forward-my choice: stick with Celebrity or lose $3000. Boy am I p.......d😠

• Like 1

We have a 10 day on January 4, 2021 to the ABC and they still haven't cancelled it.  I wish they would get it done.  We are going to take our money back.  The cruise was for our 30th anniversary and could use the money to celebrate another way.  It is irritating that they are cancelling later cruises before ours.  And I can't cancel my flights until the cruise is cancelled.  My travel agent hasn't heard anything yet on our trip.