Drink package

erllje

6 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

No one seems to know the answer to this question...

It's important to know if it is so you can include them in your potential savings.

On my “planner” of the cruise I booked with this promo it states “Cheers! Included”. Since you can’t buy Cheers! Without the grats, I’m assuming it’s included. It’s also not listed as how much is owed, so 🤷🏼‍♀️

3 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Hubby and I both rcvd the RU2 offer today. Can this be used on a cruise that is already booked? Also, does this cover the 18% gratuities or is that covered in the offer?

3 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Also, are we able to use the credit from a canceled cruise and just transfer to the new cruise and get the OBC that comes with the canceled cruise?

We have done both of those things. Although some people said they couldn't use the drink promo on an already booked cruise, Maybe it depends on who you talk to..

Got the RU2 code in my email today.  I called in and was able to have it applied to a booking that I have going out of Galveston in December 2021.  The fare ended up being $50 per person more than when I booked, but I was able to recover $400 by cancelling the Cheers package that I already had purchased on the cruise.  Now I have to see if my wife has a code to apply to another sailing we have booked in August 2021.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Hubby and I both rcvd the RU2 offer today. Can this be used on a cruise that is already booked? Also, does this cover the 18% gratuities or is that covered in the offer?

4 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Also, are we able to use the credit from a canceled cruise and just transfer to the new cruise and get the OBC that comes with the canceled cruise?

I thought I would report back:

I was able to use the funds from my canceled Dec. 2020 cruise and apply to my new Dec 2021 booking and did rcv the $600 OBC.  

I was told I can also apply this promo to a previously booked cruise, but at the going rate and I would lose the $100 OBC that was included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhubba said:

Got the RU2 code in my email today.  I called in and was able to have it applied to a booking that I have going out of Galveston in December 2021.  The fare ended up being $50 per person more than when I booked, but I was able to recover $400 by cancelling the Cheers package that I already had purchased on the cruise.  Now I have to see if my wife has a code to apply to another sailing we have booked in August 2021.

Cant you use the code more than once? Cant you just use the code twice issued to you? News to me the offer is limited to one cruise.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cant you use the code more than once? Cant you just use the code twice issued to you? News to me the offer is limited to one cruise.

Just once per person, but you could book one and your significant other could book another if he/she was offered it as well. 

Edited by MeganGC1983

I think the code is tied to your VIFP number as she would only let me apply it to one booking.  My wife did get a code, but I have a complication in that my sailing in August is an 8 day out of Galveston, which is no longer listed on the website.  I asked the nice Carnival lady about that and she did not know if it would apply.  She said that they might need to kick it up to support or something?  Anyway, I will try to get it applied tomorrow as she told me to call back during regular support business hours (9-5).  I will let ya'll know if it worked as it would save me $800 on the Cheers package 😁.

• Like 1

I got the Cheers offer today. My code is RU3 and I checked for my cruise out of Galveston on the Dream for Next Nov 6th and the one with the "free" Cheers came out to $190.00 per person more. See Pic below. People are wondering who gets the offer. I am at 74 days so platinum on next cruise. I drink, but don't buy cheers with the exception of my last cruise where my daughter bought it for me. My onboard spending is very modest,  mostly the drinks I buy a la carte. I currently have two cruises booked for 2021. Also under the terms of the cheers offer if I cancel the deposit is completely wiped out, no 50 dollar penalty and the rest carried over for a two year period.

Cheers.JPG

Edited by n6uqqq

We are currently booked on the Vista for NYE 2021.  We have almost $1000 in OBC (cancelled cruise OBC plus price difference in cruises), and when I contacted our PVP about adding the Cheers promo to our existing cruise, she said she could, but that we would lose all of our OBC.  So, not worth it for us...

Update on the Cheers code on my booking.  I could not get the code applied to my booking as it was currently on hold due to it being an 8 day cruise.  I decided to move the booking back a week for a 6 day cruise on the same ship and in the same spa cabin.  I was able to get the Cheers code applied, so after all was said and done, I cancelled the Cheers package that I already had on the cruise for a refund of $850.  The cost of the cabin was lower, so I got more OBC and I now have over $1000 in OBC.  More spa time for me 😉.  I hope this one goes as I have had 3 other cruises cancelled this year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

We are currently booked on the Vista for NYE 2021.  We have almost $1000 in OBC (cancelled cruise OBC plus price difference in cruises), and when I contacted our PVP about adding the Cheers promo to our existing cruise, she said she could, but that we would lose all of our OBC.  So, not worth it for us...

So weird how different people give you different answers. We applied the promo onto an already booked cruise but kept the 600 OBC we already had for a cancelled cruise

I received the RU1 code and called my TA to see if I could apply to my December 2021 booking. She had Carnival on the line at the same time. I could but the cost would have gone up over $264.00 for our cruise, plus I would lose my $75.00 OBC. The cost would have gone up $33.00 per day per person for the gratuities which is automatically added to your OB account. We passed, not worth the cost for us, I'm not big a drinker (husband is a diabetic and doesn't drink). Would not drink over $300.00 for our 8 day cruise. BTW, as for who gets the code discount emailed to them, I don't know but....we have never purchased the drink package on any of our 12 Carnival cruises and we have probably never spent more than $50.00 on drinks per cruise on any of our cruises, not big gamblers either. I have never received any "special" cruise promos and have always booked through a TA. 

Edited by reno3

The numbering is the key.

RU1 is the best deal @5 pppd extra for Cheers! Then RU2, RU3 ........

RU9 is the worst deal.

Unfortunately my booked cruises are NOT included.

It is applicable on cruises only from some US ports (& not even all US ports) from Apr to Dec 2021.

Not applicable for ANY Carnival cruise from Aus, Singapore.

So even though I got the best RU1 code ($5 more pppd), I cant use it on my already booked cruises.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

We received the RU9 offer.  As my DW and I have never purchased Cheers on the 14 cruises we have taken, it was surprising we received the offer.  

Not at all surprising. Logically, they should NOT offer it to anyone who anyway buys Cheers