Is anyone losing or lost their enthusiasm for Cruising?

molly361

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Crazy. Same thing here. People were out the day before camping. I’ll wait till I can get an appointment.

It's like waiting on line for a KISS concert back in the days of our youth. 😄. Hopefully someone with an entrepreneur  spirit was selling hot chocolate or a hot toddy along the line

Smart move waiting. After 9+ months, what's a few more weeks.

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Outside and in cars. We don’t have your cold weather. 

Most counties are by appointment only. Ours is not. I’m going to wait on the VA or when they offer appointments. 

Dan says he is going to wait for Florida Health Care to call him and tell him to come over to the office to get one.  Sounds good to me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Dan says he is going to wait for Florida Health Care to call him and tell him to come over to the office to get one.  Sounds good to me

How timely.  Just got an email from Florida Health Care saying they don't know when but will be contacting us when the vaccines become available and that IF you use another place for the first one you have to use that same place for the second one

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just heard on the news that now Lake County is going to switch to no appointments just first come first serve due to the fact that their phone lines can't take all the traffic  YIKES

Must have been a fluke that I got someone on the listed number at Brevard County health dept. that was just jotting down names to help the regular staff that was manning that phone number of incoming calls a few days ago.  I actually got a phone call back yesterday, luckily answering the phone right away, and it was them!  No choice, take it or leave it, this is your appointment type deal.  I took it, appointment for January 14th at 3:30.  Drive in stabs.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My 87 yo Mom finally got through yesterday. After all the tries, she was told she would need a referral from her PCP. She is on blood thinners and a history of Afib and she thinks she had CV19 last November/December. No telling what she told them to set off the referral thing. 

You have to fill out a health form, then present to staff with DL.  If you answered yes to any of the questions...you had to have a referral.  I am guessing she has some yes answers.  

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My thoughts as well, but when I asked the boss, she said she didn’t recall blood thinners on the list of required PCP referral???  She is not really following that closely but is getting requests from patients who said their PCP told them to get her to provide a referral. It’s not for those 65+ but those with existing conditions that are not on the current tier level. Most everyone wants the vaccine. 

On the form for Brevard County, question 11.  :   Do you have a bleeding disorder or are you on blood thinning medication.   Bingo.  

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Fort Myers, FL.  Doesn't look that balmy to me. 😉

201230123018-01-florida-coronavirus-vaccine-1230-fort-myers-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

My NY transplanted relatives bundle up when it goes down to 70. I remember one year we visited them in November. They were  dressed like those in the picture sitting around the fire pit and my wife and I were in shorts and tee shirts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's 45 degrees and rainy here today. I didn't wear a coat when I went to the store.  I guess it's getting too cold for outside dining in South Florida.

Here in NW Florida we can dine inside so the weather is not a problem.  Had a nice meal at a restaurant last night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

You have to fill out a health form, then present to staff with DL.  If you answered yes to any of the questions...you had to have a referral.  I am guessing she has some yes answers.  

My thoughts as well. No telling what all she told them. I just signed up for Advent Health for 65+. It will be by appointment. No clue when. 

M8

• Like 2

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

How timely.  Just got an email from Florida Health Care saying they don't know when but will be contacting us when the vaccines become available and that IF you use another place for the first one you have to use that same place for the second one

Ellen. I asked @John&LaLa and @Ourusualbeachfor your email so I can forward you an email you might find useful. 

Still waiting. 

M8

Our county is still working out the reservation system.  I don't mind waiting awhile if it means it rolls out smoothly.  Like they said it takes more time then the tests since with a test you just drive off afterwards and with the shot you have to observed for 15-20 minutes.

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

Here in NW Florida we can dine inside so the weather is not a problem.  Had a nice meal at a restaurant last night.

You can anywhere in Florida which may be a contributing factor in our rapidly rising rates. 17000 plus yesterday😳.   We go out once a week to support local restaurants but only do outside dining. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

You can anywhere in Florida which may be a contributing factor in our rapidly rising rates. 17000 plus yesterday😳.   We go out once a week to support local restaurants but only do outside dining. 

Sherri🙂

Or maybe holiday travel combined with family gatherings contributed to that total too.   

• Like 2

Being this close to getting the vaccine after months of this Covid crap...I am not taking any chances, and will probably go "hermit" even more until I get both shots.  So close, don't want to mess it up now. 

No interest in going out to dinner.  We have two places we go to lunch, a local Mexican restaurant and our own restaurant in our community... both rarely busy when we go early...and still doing the limited capacity with tables "reserved" to keep distances.  But that's it for dining out.  

I like having happy hour at home anyway, and love to cook.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Or maybe holiday travel combined with family gatherings contributed to that total too.   

That's for sure.  Lots of out of state tags down here, lots of relatives visiting residents in our community.  Guess the CDC begging people not to travel for the holidays fell on deaf ears.  

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Being this close to getting the vaccine after months of this Covid crap...I am not taking any chances, and will probably go "hermit" even more until I get both shots.  So close, don't want to mess it up now. 

No interest in going out to dinner.  We have two places we go to lunch, a local Mexican restaurant and our own restaurant in our community... both rarely busy when we go early...and still doing the limited capacity with tables "reserved" to keep distances.  But that's it for dining out.  

I like having happy hour at home anyway, and love to cook.  😉 

Here in tier 4, restaurants indoors and outdoors are closed, take away only. I guess the problem with the new variant is much more contagious and could easily spread, often through asymptotic folk. We have even stopped take away now, who knows if the kitchen staff are asymptomatic.  Paranoid maybe, but like you willing to wait a little longer to get out of this mess. I want to be able to hold my first grandchild in April when he or she is born 🤗

I also really enjoy cooking 👍😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Here in tier 4, restaurants indoors and outdoors are closed, take away only. I guess the problem with the new variant is much more contagious and could easily spread, often through asymptotic folk. We have even stopped take away now, who knows if the kitchen staff are asymptomatic.  Paranoid maybe, but like you willing to wait a little longer to get out of this mess. I want to be able to hold my first grandchild in April when he or she is born 🤗

I also really enjoy cooking 👍😊

I love this. Learning so many new/different terms. 

Take Out = Take Away

Injection/Shot = Jab

M8

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yep this. Lots of out of State tags. 

Loads of out of state tags in South Florida. Loads of tourists. And also saw car trailers/transporters dropping off cars in our area. And some of these cars had Quebec plates, which surprised me. I did not think that cars could cross the Canadian/US border.

• Like 1