A summary of cruising 2020..

My cruising 2020, Jan: Queen Elizabeth: Melbourne, Adelaide - skipped Kangaroo Island because of bushfires - Hobart, Melbourne. Little did we know then what was about to happen. 

2021: zilch: was to be QM2 Fremantle-Melbourne.

We managed a Sydney to Singapore cruise, which departed late January. We were booked to return late February, but flew back when the cruise was cancelled.  I got a shot of the ship waiting in Singapore before it returned without any passengers. 😒

tnggY6aDHFDl2ODBP47tV7VPQIkU67_9WPS1bC9nH89bUyYV6e1LjkdpwwJLn6wpt3XMbF5rG72QPOVIBZv3y1SX9XJfP5-_L_0EIBKD4wEDiaZNvyA34vdgxyIJ4XXLkfT2yfZQGZlIB8nxochIpCKuKj8wp6yMO8rlfOdAFOB-Lhz1mogc3hONIzpP8--cLyB6awLcL2yXzjs_LlMXgowyEHJ-TXAuwNe9PJ8E9VbNAl4WBmh9QheKTvnFUpS9YTi97M2OV6jgSwJl1lxTl0yYLef082E69tQ4v-J3j5H-ehKzZLWR3rcFYfan9RXkSu3ozDDDTrTaD-kRd_A-7EGE-UNWH3f1CJoo6k_4DccXCvMVfPHb1GMtFAUzsrdumPC-rEODho3E6HekwjOXXWFmIIytXdQrmLa1oQOjcHxBxF6x8bZTpKPZSZklpKy_OeBijiDNROvhQPYnid1Yi-hjrqzqx2oS2v60-khrrMwHsZVus4dFf9Q_CSeWD2zzrZw4KGHdM5XktinI8-MmPaSfKffcgXSJA0hg8jKIdKE2N9mEIb8l5-4KBOdDhL0ihfPAivyxPH3e9Dvna4hoay5715dBYNau_pl8MVFxV8cNKMwiwvgZ9qDuPsZuEgcmX5ITlCidmZgomKEXv1mXtjGUtInLiseTkRN3w2d3tmcCFHcOxadOeGsW3zz5=w1011-h758-no?authuser=0

I was lucky enough to get one cruise in, from the 1st to the 11th of March onboard the Carnival Splendor. When news of the great toilet paper wars started filtering through, we wondered if the Corona virus was a type of Noro virus lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Majestic Princess February to Singapore,,,

it short in Freemantle 

Cheers Carole

I was on board as well, but got off in Adelaide. The rumours were really flying on that cruise.

I promised myself at least one cruise a year until they cart me off to the glue factory. I'm hoping 2021 delivers.

• Thanks 1

We managed to get one cruise in back in early march. We had 8 future cruises and then Covid proceeded to affect all but two and they are in serious doubt as they are out of the US. We had subsequently booked some further cruises using credits, for as late as possible at the time, which was late 2021 and early 2022. One of which has also been scrapped already due to rescheduling. 

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

For 2020, cruising was one big doughnut for us. Actually it's sad to realise we haven't been on a ship since early Feb 2019 😞 and unlikely to be on one before 2022.

Annus Horrorbilluss. Ours was May 2019, Noordam, Sydney to Honolulu. Now I am on my own, perhaps no more.😥

Edited by NSWP

Sometimes... you just wonder... last cruise was 26 nights   Nov-Dec 2019

little did one know.... 3 cruises booked for this year....

was looking forward to a black card... not that it is important... just would had been nice to have a set hang on our memory board in the kitchen........

Cruising.... still the most relaxing holiday ever....... CC gives me hope one day we will be back on high seas       

Don

1265354639_sunsetsouthpacific_2098288.thumb.jpg.a9c52603e4fd9f340436d27c8267dcda.jpg

Edited by getting older slowly

Our last cruise was an 8 night South Pacific cruise on Ruby Princess in December last year. It wasn't the greatest Princess cruise we've ever been on as the ship was overcrowded. However we did get to use our brand new black cards, and I finally got to Mystery Island.