Celebrity Reflection Hot Tubs

elaineb

I usually only use hot tubs in the Serenity/adult only areas on ships.  Are there adult only hot tubs on this ship?  I see hot tubs in the main pool area, but what about the solarium area.  In pictures, there are no hot tubs there.  Thank you.

You can get your own private hot tub by booking a Royal Suite or higher, just sit on your balcony, sip drinks from your own private bar and take a dip in your own hot tub anytime you want and do it with the fellow passengers only you invite!  

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I've seen some of the people getting in and out of those things, and I wouldn't touch one of them with a 10 foot poll.  🍷

Or when they've had 3 or more adult beverages delivered to them while in the tub and don’t get out until hours later... 😳

That was it for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, garyl62 said:

You can get your own private hot tub by booking a Royal Suite or higher, just sit on your balcony, sip drinks from your own private bar and take a dip in your own hot tub anytime you want and do it with the fellow passengers only you invite!  

I priced it for fun...30K CAD for our 7 day Caribbean cruise with 3 ports. Can charter a yacht and buy a hot tub for that price 😆

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I've never found crowding to be a problem in the hot tubs or the pool.  Always plenty of room to stretch out, relax and have another beer.

• Like 1

I used to be in the residential swimming pool business.  Swimming pools and hot tubs can be a virtual cesspool given the right circumstances (including "floaters" on the surface of the water, I have seen it).  Consequently, I never use the swimming pools aboard the ship.  A hot tub can be self cleaning via the filtration system and additional "antiseptics" of various types which take about 15 minutes of down time to effectively sanitize a spa/hot tub.  I do use the hot tub when I feel comfortable that the water has been treated for the necessary period of time without human use of any type.  That usually means in the early morning or more likely on a port day when we have the whole ship to our selves and no one is around.  We love those days.  Nothing better than sitting in a hot tub with your beverage of choice, and holding it.

15 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

I used to be in the residential swimming pool business.  Swimming pools and hot tubs can be a virtual cesspool given the right circumstances (including "floaters" on the surface of the water, I have seen it).  Consequently, I never use the swimming pools aboard the ship.  A hot tub can be self cleaning via the filtration system and additional "antiseptics" of various types which take about 15 minutes of down time to effectively sanitize a spa/hot tub.  I do use the hot tub when I feel comfortable that the water has been treated for the necessary period of time without human use of any type.  That usually means in the early morning or more likely on a port day when we have the whole ship to our selves and no one is around.  We love those days.  Nothing better than sitting in a hot tub with your beverage of choice, and holding it.

I met a man in the same line of work on Princess about 15 years ago and he said the same thing. I haven't been in a hot tub on a ship since then.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, garyl62 said:

The “hot tubs” on the balconies of the higher end suites are not really a hot tub. They are oversized jetted bathtubs that are suitable for one person to fit comfortably. 

My gut feeling is that there will be no hot tub use until any threat of COVID is long gone.  I can't imagine many more situations that would be ripe for transmission than sharing a hot tub on a ship.

Likewise to a couple other posters, had a good friend who maintained pools and hot tubs in a resort area (responsible for hundreds of them).  He said he wouldn't get in a public hot tub even if there was a $1000 bill waiting for him when he got out.  I took his advice and haven't been near one for years.

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

My gut feeling is that there will be no hot tub use until any threat of COVID is long gone.  I can't imagine many more situations that would be ripe for transmission than sharing a hot tub on a ship.

Likewise to a couple other posters, had a good friend who maintained pools and hot tubs in a resort area (responsible for hundreds of them).  He said he wouldn't get in a public hot tub even if there was a $1000 bill waiting for him when he got out.  I took his advice and haven't been near one for years.

Even in "normal" times, for me, hot tubs = 🥵

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

A properly sanitized hot tub or pool will not have a strong smell of chlorine. If it does, don't get in.

The traditional way to sanitize a hot tub is with chlorine.  There is no health danger to humans if the proper amount of chlorine is used and human use is minimal.  Even with proper use chlorine is hard on human hair and lycra material in swimming suits. It is always recommended to shower thoroughly and washing your hair with detergent shampoo (perhaps with your swimming suit on) after use in a hot tub or swimming pool sanitized with chlorine.

Many off the hot tubs on modern cruise ships use more modern means of sanitation today with no chlorine involved.  It is beyond the scope of this forum to discuss new forms of water sanitation.

6 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

The traditional way to sanitize a hot tub is with chlorine.  There is no health danger to humans if the proper amount of chlorine is used and human use is minimal.  Even with proper use chlorine is hard on human hair and lycra material in swimming suits. It is always recommended to shower thoroughly and washing your hair with detergent shampoo (perhaps with your swimming suit on) after use in a hot tub or swimming pool sanitized with chlorine.

Many off the hot tubs on modern cruise ships use more modern means of sanitation today with no chlorine involved.  It is beyond the scope of this forum to discuss new forms of water sanitation.

How do you know that a person on this forum does not install pools and hot tubs for a living?  If he/she does, it is in the scope.

15 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I think you're over reacting.  You'll be much more likely to contract Covid from riding an elevator than from sitting in a hot tub outside.  Are they going to shut down the elevators until the last trace of Covid disappears?

18 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you're over reacting.  You'll be much more likely to contract Covid from riding an elevator than from sitting in a hot tub outside.  Are they going to shut down the elevators until the last trace of Covid disappears?

No, but they are going to restrict use. Some family groups only, some less than 20% capacity. Already have that in place. 

And all hot tubs are not outside. 

But I wouldn't use a hot tub, COVID or no COVID, so ya don't have to worry about me. 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Crucero said:

I wasn’t referring to any danger from too much Chlorine in the hot tubs.

I was referring to Chloramines in the hot tubs.

And I am quite familiar with the methods for sanitizing pools and hot tubs, having done both.

Edited by C-Dragons