Alaska 2021 Preductions?

cruisetonowhere10

Okay, I 100% realize any future itinerary prediction at this juncture is pure speculation, however...thoughts on when a cancellation might occur/likelihood of cancellation occurring on July Alaskan cruises out of Seattle?  I’ve been loosely following the early season cancellations but don’t know when those happened/what precipitated them/etc.  

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

My apologies...title should say predictions..I can’t seem to figure out how to edit.

You edit with the 3 dots in the upper right corner.

Any predictions for cruises until fall are best predicted using a Magic 8 Ball or Oujia Board.

Changes of date, duration, ports and ships along with cancellations are likely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

My apologies...title should say predictions..I can’t seem to figure out how to edit.

preductions, predictions, we got ya meaning...a rose is a rose no matter what you call it!

37 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay, I 100% realize any future itinerary prediction at this juncture is pure speculation, however...thoughts on when a cancellation might occur/likelihood of cancellation occurring on July Alaskan cruises out of Seattle?  I’ve been loosely following the early season cancellations but don’t know when those happened/what precipitated them/etc.  

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 

You can't edit the title to your thread. You have to contact the CC help desk (help@cruisecritic.com) and request they make the change/correction. You can only edit your post. 

Edited by davekathy

Another big "if" is when the Port of Seattle will open its cruise port.  Seattle was one of the first cities in the U.S. to close its port to cruise ships in Spring 2020.  While tourism is important to the city, it is not the major industry.  Seattle has been hit hard by Covid-19.  It will be interesting to see whether its cruise port opens for Alaska cruises in 2021.

Here's hoping vaccines are in full flow by the end of March, all applicable US and Canadian ports are open to all CDC certified cruise ships by the end of April, and we're on our B2B Alaska cruise on the Millennium which leaves out of Seattle May 9th. Right now shes sitting offshore near San Diego. If not I guess we'll be getting some more FCCs to put on our future X cruises booked in 2022. Here's hoping anyway ...

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here's hoping vaccines are in full flow by the end of March, all applicable US and Canadian ports are open to all CDC certified cruise ships by the end of April, and we're on our B2B Alaska cruise on the Millennium which leaves out of Seattle May 9th. Right now shes sitting offshore near San Diego. If not I guess we'll be getting some more FCCs to put on our future X cruises booked in 2022. Here's hoping anyway ...

I would not put money on any Canadian ports being open until the late summer at the earliest. Canada does not predict the majority of the population receiving their full immunization  before Sept,  and I highly doubt they'll open their borders before that happens. 

• Like 2

Looks like a few factors may play against this being a reality. That’s what I thought...guessing it makes sense to wait and see what kind of cancellation bonuses we might get versus lift and shift since we are still way more than 90 days out.  One of us has been vaccinated, the other on a list for vaccination so we are still considering going as a possibility.  If we have to wait a year, so be it.

9 hours ago, mom says said:

I would not put money on any Canadian ports being open until the late summer at the earliest. Canada does not predict the majority of the population receiving their full immunization  before Sept,  and I highly doubt they'll open their borders before that happens. 

If that's the case it would effectively cancel the Alaska cruise season. 

2 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

I don't think any Canadian port will be open in 2021 but I could see an Alaskan cruise with only US ports happening. 

We've been over this before, no Canadian stop, no Alaska Cruise, there has to be a "Foreign" port. Right now the 2 Solstice class ships usually on the Alaska cruises are both in the Philippines. So who knows what is in store. Maybe get started with some paying customers in Asia where the CDC and Health Canada rules don't apply?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If that's the case it would effectively cancel the Alaska cruise season. 

Yes it would.  In BC they are locking out International travelers for the ski season.  Since Canada is taking about summer to get a "majority" of Canadians vaccinated it is hard to see ports opening for cruising until summer.  CBC is reporting they want to keep Americans out of Canada to keep their COVID level at a manageable level.  

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Still looking forward to our September 2021 11 Day Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise leaving from Vancouver. 

Best of luck...I'm also looking forward to my 9 night Oct Canada/New England but realize looking forward is may all I get to do until final payment.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashland said:

Best of luck...I'm also looking forward to my 9 night Oct Canada/New England but realize looking forward is may all I get to do until final payment.

Well after final payment you can still be looking forward...to when you will receive your refund 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Agree. Until Celebrity cancels the cruise we will keep our glasses full and our rose colored glasses on. 🍷🤞😍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Still looking forward to our September 2021 11 Day Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise leaving from Vancouver. 

I thought all sailings that visit or dock in a US port and are over 7 days were banned through October 2021 by the CDC.  I know that is probably an arbitrary date but, have we seen anything go in our favor throughout this whole pandemic?  Well, the vaccines were delivered long before anticipated so, maybe I need to revise my cynicism.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I thought all sailings that visit or dock in a US port and are over 7 days were banned through October 2021 by the CDC.  I know that is probably an arbitrary date but, have we seen anything go in our favor throughout this whole pandemic?  Well, the vaccines were delivered long before anticipated so, maybe I need to revise my cynicism.  

Until Celebrity cancels the cruise we will keep our glasses full and our rose colored glasses on. 🍷🤞😍 

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Until Celebrity cancels the cruise we will keep our glasses full and our rose colored glasses on. 🍷🤞😍 

That's the best way to view it!! We could all use some of that positivity and optimism at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm in with that plan.  It did seem to me that they had canceled some earlier Alaskan cruises and I was curious to understand why those and not into July, but perhaps there's no definitive answer on that at this time.  For now, I'll just hope by 7N out of Seattle is a go.  🙂 Worst case scenario, it gets moved to 2022 and I hope I'll be able to go then.  Not much control otherwise. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I'm in with that plan.  It did seem to me that they had canceled some earlier Alaskan cruises and I was curious to understand why those and not into July, but perhaps there's no definitive answer on that at this time.  For now, I'll just hope by 7N out of Seattle is a go.  🙂 Worst case scenario, it gets moved to 2022 and I hope I'll be able to go then.  Not much control otherwise. 

42 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That's the best way to view it!! We could all use some of that positivity and optimism at this point.  

That was our approach for all our 2020 cruises Celebrity cancelled. Were we surprised, no. Were we disappointed, yes. But we moved on. Got 100% of our money back (no FCC for us) for the cancelled cruises in a timely manor. Now looking forward to our 2021 and 2022 cruises with Celebrity and RC. 🤞

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3