Is this a website sales glitch for Allure 2022?

Tin can

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

For October 2022 the website is showing for sale the following three cruises for Allure (Western Med.) departing Rome and Barcelona and they overlap.

20th October 7 night Rome to Rome (Barcelona on 23rd)

23rd October 7 night Barcelona to Barcelona (Rome on 27th)

27th October 3 night Rome to Barcelona

We quite fancy the 3 night Rome to Barcelona which is the last 3 nights of the 20th October cruise but how will this work with passengers boarding and leaving half way through previous cruises? 

I have heard of MSC having various joining/departing points but not Royal, seems like a logistical nightmare. 

5 minutes ago, Tin can said:

For October 2022 the website is showing for sale the following three cruises for Allure (Western Med.) departing Rome and Barcelona and they overlap.

We quite fancy the 3 night Rome to Barcelona which is the last 3 nights of the 20th October cruise but how will this work with passengers boarding and leaving half way through previous cruises? 

I have heard of MSC having various joining/departing points but not Royal, seems like a logistical nightmare. 

All cruises on Allure out of Barcelona have 2 home ports...Barcelona and Rome and pick up passengers at both all season.  The last 3 day cruise is her final leg before the transatlantic.  It’s called interporting. 

Royals been doing it for years 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harmony does the same thing in September 2021.........even though chance of it sailing are not looking good as far as ports being fully open.

If they aren't open, why go. Pretty good shot we will be canceling.

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All cruises on Allure out of Barcelona have 2 home ports...Barcelona and Rome and pick up passengers at both all season.  The last 3 day cruise is her final leg before the transatlantic.  It’s called interporting. 

Thank you for that. We have only ever cruised with one start and one finish.

We are very interested in the final 3 night Rome back to Barcelona. It’s probably an obvious question but we would then be replacing someone presumably on the 7 day Rome/Rome leg? 

Im guessing therefore on these 2 home port cruises there are no welcome aboard shows, captains receptions then. 

Cruised many years with Royal all over the place and have learnt something new tonight.

3 minutes ago, Tin can said:

We are very interested in the final 3 night Rome back to Barcelona. It’s probably an obvious question but we would then be replacing someone presumably on the 7 day Rome/Rome leg? 

Im guessing therefore on these 2 home port cruises there are no welcome aboard shows, captains receptions then. 

Cruised many years with Royal all over the place and have learnt something new tonight.

Yes, the previous cruise for your cabin would have had someone on board Rome to Rome for 7 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Harmony does the same thing in September 2021.........even though chance of it sailing are not looking good as far as ports being fully open.

If they aren't open, why go. Pretty good shot we will be canceling.

We are on Oasis from NY in August 2021 and keeping our fingers crossed as we have flights booked from the UK.

We are also supposed to be on Odyssey’s first sailing in April from Southampton but have now unfortunately pretty much given up hope now.

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We did a Carnival cruise years ago that interported, New Orleans and Tampa. I wish Anthem would do that for Bayonne and PC

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We did a Carnival cruise years ago that interported, New Orleans and Tampa. I wish Anthem would do that for Bayonne and PC

That would be ideal for that itinerary.   I would bet that would drive up the prices fairly significantly on those cruises. 

We did this cruise on Oasis in 2019.  We boarded in Rome.  If I remember correctly, Barcelona was considered the actual boarding and that was the night that the welcome aboard party was.  It was the 3rd night of our cruise.

We got great seats in the afternoon to watch sail away from Barcelona since most of the cruisers were at muster 🙂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

Interested in this TA and the 7 night before. Wondering when the TAs will show up? Hope it’s Galveston bound. 

I was wondering about Galveston, too.  Hopefully the TAs will show up soon!  Definitely booking Fall 2022 TA on Allure since our Fall 2020 TA was cancelled due to Covid.  Grrrr.....

22 hours ago, Tin can said:

Book as you can, the 3 night pre transatlantic sailing fills up quick with lots of C@A doing a B2B. 

14 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Book as you can, the 3 night pre transatlantic sailing fills up quick with lots of C@A doing a B2B. 

Very good advice, we are going to book this and will spend a few days in Rome before hand.

No doubt it will be standing room only in the Diamond Lounge 😀

On 1/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the previous cruise for your cabin would have had someone on board Rome to Rome for 7 days. 

And I am one of them.  😉   Actually we are on last two 7 night cruises out of Barcelona, and impatiently waiting for RCI to post booking for the west bound TA.  

I want to match up my cabin.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tin can said:

No doubt it will be standing room only in the Diamond Lounge 😀

Love your optimism, hope it carries over to the Buffett and showrooms.  We are booked on the Harmony end of Oct. TA and thinking of canceling because of covid protocols. A year and a half from now we should be back to normal. A few months ago Richard Fain said protocols were not the answer, a vaccine will bring things back to normal. happy cruising

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

And I am one of them.  😉   Actually we are on last two 7 night cruises out of Barcelona, and impatiently waiting for RCI to post booking for the west bound TA.  

I want to match up my cabin.  

Have you given up on year end 2021..  We did the L&S from Allure to Harmony.

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Have you given up on year end 2021..  We did the L&S from Allure to Harmony.

No...not totally.  I still have the two cruises in May booked...and will let RCI cancel those.  One is just a quick 4 night on Mariner, and the other is on Allure and paid for with FCC from cancelled cruise from last May.   Guess I will get reissue of that FCC when they do that.  

Soooo, next opportunity is B2B on Harmony early December of this year.  That one may go...will see.  At least we will have vaccines in us by then.  

On 1/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, Tin can said:

Royal has done this with the Oasis class ships in the Med for years.  
You will find far fewer passengers board in Rome, making it a very smooth experience. 

16 hours ago, little britain said:

Royal has done this with the Oasis class ships in the Med for years.  
You will find far fewer passengers board in Rome, making it a very smooth experience. 

Thanks LB, do you have any experience of this.

I was wondering how boarding works. Is it the same as a ‘normal’ cruise where everyone waits in the hall and boards en masse around 11am or can we turn up and board from 7am when it docks in Civitavecchia.

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

Thanks LB, do you have any experience of this.

I was wondering how boarding works. Is it the same as a ‘normal’ cruise where everyone waits in the hall and boards en masse around 11am or can we turn up and board from 7am when it docks in Civitavecchia.

Hi, no you won't be able to board at 7 as they will need to clear the rooms from the disembarking Rome people.  So it is 10.30ish as normal but it should be a quick process as there won't be as many of you.  The only other thing you will notice is that whilst you go to muster all the existing passengers are still in the pool and drinking!

As someone has said, if this is the shortie cruise before the TA then it will sell quickly as people add on to make it a B2B.  

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Hi, no you won't be able to board at 7 as they will need to clear the rooms from the disembarking Rome people.  So it is 10.30ish as normal but it should be a quick process as there won't be as many of you.  The only other thing you will notice is that whilst you go to muster all the existing passengers are still in the pool and drinking!

As someone has said, if this is the shortie cruise before the TA then it will sell quickly as people add on to make it a B2B.  

Thank you appreciate that, we have booked this now as it fits in well with school half term and spending a few days in Rome before hand as we have never been before.

I hadn't thought about muster,  it will be very strange with everything else going on as normal!  

• Haha 1