Constellation Europe 2021 Disappears

york survey

I have receive 4 emails today cancelling my Constellation med cruises! So disappointed, thought the Autumn ones would have a chance! Was wondering if I can still do lift and shift for my June 4th one theres the same cruise on  the same date on Connie 2022! Does anyone know if lift and shift is still an option? Dianne

5 hours ago, di T said:

I have receive 4 emails today cancelling my Constellation med cruises! So disappointed, thought the Autumn ones would have a chance! Was wondering if I can still do lift and shift for my June 4th one theres the same cruise on  the same date on Connie 2022! Does anyone know if lift and shift is still an option? Dianne

I believe June is outside the L&S - only goes up to early April or May 

17 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I believe June is outside the L&S - only goes up to early April or May 

You are correct.  I have a Med cruise on Connie for September 2021.  Saw the notice about the cancellations and forgot about the May deadline.  Tried to Lift and Shift but, of course, it said my sailing was not eligible.  I have not received the email someone mentioned above cancelling my cruise.  This is the second cancelled today.  I'm sure X is busy busy busy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NBliving said:

You are correct.  I have a Med cruise on Connie for September 2021.  Saw the notice about the cancellations and forgot about the May deadline.  Tried to Lift and Shift but, of course, it said my sailing was not eligible.  I have not received the email someone mentioned above cancelling my cruise.  This is the second cancelled today.  I'm sure X is busy busy busy.

Have you checked your roll call for a copy of the letter.   I saw some letters that said you could rebook any other sailing on the same class of ship for this summer at the same per diem rate/perks you have now.  That would mean you could move to Infinity if it made sense?    This is not L&S and is only available for a couple of weeks if applicable to your sailing.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, terrydtx said:

This will be the third time a cruise our Greek cruise from Venice will be cancelled, I am beginning to think we are not meant to see Venice and the Greek Islands.

We love cruising too ... but ... maybe just come to Athens ... 🙂 ...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/we-retired-to-athens-without-speaking-greek-heres-how-we-got-the-easy-travel-and-affordable-life-we-wanted-11606849562

1 hour ago, GlobalMethod said:

We are giving some serious consideration about moving to Sorrento Italy now that we are retired. Might change our minds after visiting Athens. We are spending 4 pre cruise days in Athens, so we will get to see a lot of the area.

Well yesterday we video chatted with dear friends in England. As a group we decided to move our June 2021 cruise to June 2022. Then this afternoon I came here. To see that our Aug 2021 cruise on Connie will not happen. I did look at some of the other European cruises, but prices were just to high to do a repeat cruise. So we'll do a land vacation to Germany and England if possible. Emailed TA to hold a suite on the April 2023 TP on Solstice. We have been wanting to visit Disney Japan, both parks.

Now we only have one cruise before the 4 May 2022 use by date for our FCC.

14 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are spending 4 pre cruise days in Athens, so we will get to see a lot of the area.

as it says in the article, we considered Italy and Spain also prior to moving to Greece ... we had visited all three many times but it was the food, the climate and the Greek people speaking so much English that swayed us ... good luck and happy travels!

On 1/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, almostnewtocruise said:

Reflection to Israel seems to be still on.. So is Apex and Infinity from Barcelona,

I was hoping to do an Infinity cruise Nov 7, 2021 from Lisbon to Barcelona.  Maybe the reverse of what you wrote about?  Haven't booked yet.  Holding my breath that it doesn't go away.

Hi all, 

I had a TA on the Constellation booked for October 2021.  I received the Dear Guest notice with guidelines.  Since the only other TA option from Rome was the Reflection I booked that trip.  No discount as this is a different class of ship. However we did get the $100 OBC.  My Constellation booking was made last September and was a terrific rate and Classic Bev pkg.  The TA on the Reflection is almost 3X. My choice. The rates are also much higher across the board since Always Included was included. 

My Celebrity cruise lady indicated that bookings down due to COVID and they pulled Constellation.

Let's face it, the Reflection is larger ( can accommodate Constellation ppl) and I am confident that although higher cost it should please.  Vice Versa probably would be more chance of unhappy people.

5 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Anyone else still waiting to get the official email?  I need it to send to my insurer to get a premium refund.  TA has already put in for our deposit refund.  It was supposed to be Oct 14 on the Connie from Venice...oh well.

Warning, it may never come.  I booked two cruises directly that were cancelled and I never received notice.  I found out on my Roll Call and it was confirmed by the Celebrity person I booked with.

8 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Anyone else still waiting to get the official email?  I need it to send to my insurer to get a premium refund.  TA has already put in for our deposit refund.  It was supposed to be Oct 14 on the Connie from Venice...oh well.

Can you not point the insurance company to the list of cancelled sailings on the Celebrity web site with a copy of your invoice?

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Can you not point the insurance company to the list of cancelled sailings on the Celebrity web site with a copy of your invoice?

Tried that once but they are not the brightest people.....I will try it again next week.  Going to try to call Captains Club later today once the grandchildren go home and I can use my phone again....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Your travel agent should have received notice of cancelled sailings from Celebrity that they could then forward to you.  Ask them as Celebrity would not notify you direct if booked through a TA.

I was booked on the cancelled Constellation TA.... got the notice and a call from my Travel Agent - took the refund of my deposit...now to wait for it to show up on my credit card statement

However folks on the TA roll call stated that they were able to L&S the cruise but with a lot of argument 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, york survey said:

I think the whole of Constellation Summer 2022 in in the process of been taken down!!   You have to go a little further but try booking a room!!

I'm booked on 4th October 21 and have just checked out 3rd Oct 22 to look at options. The site says the 2022 cruise is sold out   YES SURE!!!

I put a hold on Constellation 6/23/22...but another site - checking cabins available - told me the cruise was sold out.  When I checked the 'other' site later it had some cabins available.  Something is going on.  I have a note out to my X rep looking for answers.  First response, everything for that date is in place.  No answer to my 2nd question re the sorry state its in per reviews... yet.