When was your last cruise?

We were on Anthem for 11 nights in Jan 2020. It was amazing. Couldn't call at Antigua due to high winds but were able to visit San Juan, St Maarten, St Lucia, and St Kitts. Had I known it'd be the last one for a looong time I would've appreciated it more. Oh well. The next one will be so great because of the long, long wait for it. We have the same itinerary booked for Jan 2022. Fingers crossed everything goes as planned and we can sail. I'm fully vaccinated and so ready to be sailing. 

January 2019 on MSC Seaside in their Yacht Club. Enjoyed it so much we booked again for April 2020, which of course never happened, and then tried for October 2020, and then April 2021, and now we're crossing our fingers that we'll actually sail mid-October of this year. 

Just changed our flights yesterday, and oh my gosh are flights inexpensive! We both ended up with a nice credit that we'll be able to use for our next vacation.

Feeling pretty good about cruising in fall though. Everyone else feeling confident about that time frame?

9 hours ago, jules815 said:

now we're crossing our fingers that we'll actually sail mid-October of this year. 

Just hope that it is better cared for than Lirica:

CRUISE_MSC_Lirica_fire_aftermath.jpg
A preliminary assessment found no damage to the inside of MSC Lirica but only to the side due to the flames and dense black smoke caused by the fiberglass lifeboat
MSC Cruises reports no injuries among the 51 crew aboard MSC Lirica, which caught fire Friday afternoon in the Port of Corfu, sending clouds of billowing black smoke.

Local emergency services assisted the ship's two fire brigades in bringing the blaze under control by 6:58 p.m. local time. 

No passengers

The 2003-built MSC Lirica is currently in warm layup and not carrying any passengers. 

Fire started in a lifeboat

An MSC Cruises spokesman told Seatrade Cruise News the fire started in an empty lifeboat on the starboard side of Deck 6. 

From a preliminary assessment, he said there was no damage to the inside of MSC Lirica but only to the side due to the flames and dense black smoke caused by the fiberglass lifeboat.

Investigation

A full investigation is now in progress. 

First notice of the fire came at 3:42 p.m. local time when MSC Lirica reported to the MSC Maritime Support Centre in London.

No injuries reported in fire on cruise ship MSC Lirica in Corfu (seatrade-cruise.com)

Edited by Biker19

11 hours ago, jules815 said:

Feeling pretty good about cruising in fall though. Everyone else feeling confident about that time frame?

Sadly, no. Cruises cancelled, as of now, until end of May 😢

And I'm booked on an amazing cruise mid-September, which I'd really really like to take ...

On 3/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, AllyG47 said:

I don't know if I'm ever going to cruise again. At least not in the next few years. I would love to but my 6 year old dog developed a bunch of health problems (diabetes, blindness from SARDS & separation anxiety) over the past year (2020 was one of the worst years of my life) and I'm kind of scared to leave her behind now. It will probably be road trips & camping for the next few years so I can take my dog with us.

So sorry to hear about your dog, I'm sure she will love camping trips with you.

Ours has also become very clingy.  Because of covid she's not been left alone hardly at all for the last year, and then for only very short periods of time 

Sue

I remember this very well. Today is my birthday and it was exactly one year ago today that we disembarked the Allure in Barcelona.

Wow, once complete year without cruising. 

We are ready, come on CDC.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

One year ago today, we got off NCL Pearl in Port Canaveral and drove to Fort Lauderdale to board the Adventure of the Seas on the 14th. They emailed later on the 13th to say it was cancelled.

Nothing booked until March 2022 Odyssey, it will be 2 whole years between cruises, we haven't gone that long since about 2007, I think.

Tony

• Like 1

We did a 14 day cruise on MSC Meraviglia in January of 2020 so that finished just in the nick  of time. We had a wonderful time and have missed our cruising vacations tremendously.

We just booked our first RC cruise (October 10 2021, 7 day on Allure of the Seas) and are excited to have something real on our calendar to look forward to!

On 3/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, MiniChunks said:

A year ago today we were preparing to disembark Serenade of the Seas. Having been at sea for the previous 10 days, and doing our best to ignore the unfolding pandemic back in reality, we were shocked and somewhat confused by the chatter around the ship of people taking whatever toilet paper they could and packing it in their luggage. We had no idea that the world was about to begin 2 of the worst pandemic's modern society has ever experienced. COVID-19 and the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. I'm not trying to make light of the actual pandemic. COVID is a terrible virus that has upset the lives of many, but I still don't understand why toilet paper was everyone's security blanket. 

I remember discussing toilet paper acquisition the night before we left Allure.

We had the good STAR Class TP

@twangster

• Like 1