When was your last cruise?

October 2017 😅 on Carnival Magic.    I had Harmony of the Seas booked for August 2019 and hurricane Dorian happened.  Cancelled that one and used the FCC to book Alaska August 2020 and COVID happened. Used the FCC  to book Alaska again for September 2021 and I really dont think that will happen either.    As someone said above, I just hope my last cruise isnt my last cruise.     It will have been almost 4 years in between cruises if i actually get to cruise in September. WAY too long

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is way too long.  We are a little over a year since last one and my husband is getting antsy!

Our last cruise. Majesty sailing February 1,  out of NOLA was exactly a year ago today. It seems like a really long time to go without vacationing....:classic_sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is way too long.  We are a little over a year since last one and my husband is getting antsy!

You changed your avatar, I like it!  Right side up and everything!😁  I posted a whole bunch of pictures upside down yesterday, would only go rightside up if I used my iphone instead of my laptop. 

We are ready for a cruise too, I went last February with my Mom but DH hasn't been on one since December 2019.  Our Alaska May 2021 is already cancelled, so nothing booked until May 2022.  C must be feeling good if he is antsy for a cruise, good to hear!

• Like 2

Feel a bit bad but... one day ago 🙄

Had a really good one though! Looks like Star Class hasn’t changed much even after Covid, still an awesome experience thanks to our brilliant Royal Genie and all the staff taking care of us (and gave a great first experience to some of my cabin mates cruising for their first time) 

CAC3D44A-8CEB-4E8B-9A47-8C8E7EB4F31B.thumb.jpeg.8106f696fc7d4b47de2293054d93c041.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ours was April, 2018.  We normally do one in spring and one in the fall but in April, 2019 I had decided it was time for another family trip, this time to Belgium and Amsterdam for the tulips.  Then in the fall, some great airfare was to be had and I opted to go to London to see a couple of shows including Hamilton, finally.  We were then going to get a taste of Paris for 4 nights but the plans changed when the In-laws mentioned always wanting to go to Normandy.  Since none of us are getting any younger we did that instead.  I did get a quick trip to Mont. St. Michel so we all crossed something off the list.  I can't wait to travel again.   

• Like 2

We returned from our last cruise March 2, 2020.  We almost cancelled that one before final payment because we had 21 other nights booked in 2020 and thought we were going to use too many vacation days to do it all.  We are so glad we went even though we missed a port of call due to some “scheduling “ issues in Costa Maya.  ( We ended up 5 days with 2 In Cozumel which is not our favorite port.)

What I remember most was sitting in the hot tub with new friends on a not so warm day which is an unusual activity for us.  Chefs table was a lovely evening.  Great trip!  

We had no idea what was to come.  There were the 21 nights of 2020 cancelled.  Empress was sold making us move to Oasis April 2022.  Celebrity cancelled our November 2021 already with some ships being moved.  

We have nothing on the books until April 2022 now.  We did go for 2 weeks to the Keys in October but spent a lot of time by the pool at the B and B and resort and avoided other people.  No bars or walking on Duval.  We ate only outside,  no museums and were super careful.  We did fly which I was pretty comfortable with using masks and shields.  We got out on the water  three times with a sunset cruise, snorkeling and a trip to Dry Tortuga. People may be able to return to some land vacations this coming summer with precautions and to certain areas. ( Our land vacation expenses were the same as 12 nights all inclusive on Celebrity in a balcony so it wasn’t cheaper.)  We missed our evenings on the ship the most.  You just can’t replace that on land.

• Like 1

My last cruise was March 8, 2020, got off on March 15 from the Anthem of the Seas.  Found Friday before the cruise that word was out that if you wanted to cancel due to Covid had to do so by 5 or 6 that day.  By the time I found out I had an hour to decide.  Many did cancel and the ship was far from full but had a great cruise.  By midcruise we were hearing about  other ships with COVID and some of the people on the ship for many cruises were not clear if and when they needed to leave the ship.  But in the next day or 2 it was clear everyone would be leaving at the end of the cruise. 

Things got crazy the last night in the dining room with everything getting ready for the pause. My talking to others after the cruise no one that was in a group got sick while on the cruise that we knew of. 

I must say I got in a number of cruises just prior to the pause.  I was on the Anthem for Thanksgiving 2019.  The Oasis the week after I got off the Anthem.  I cruised on Empress of the Seas In Feb 2020, and them the Anthem in March,  So glad I got to Sail the Empress again before she was sold. 

I am so addicted I keep booking and then  finding they are cancelled and then booking more.  Fingers crossed we will be cruising again soon.

Karen

March 1-8 2020 on Oasis for our 25th Anniversary.  My wife was lamenting on the cruise that we didn't wait until April so we could take the kids while on their Spring Break, but I told her that by then cruising would be shut down.  She thought I was crazy...

Our last cruise was Indy in Aug 19 around the Med , we had been on Empress in the January 19 to Cuba and getting away on two cruises in a year was amazing. We had Anthem booked for November 2020 TA Southampton to NY via Bermuda. Gutted it was cancelled and I am going into cold turkey wanting to get away but don’t think it will happen this year. Hopefully things will improve and we can see some light at the end of the tunnel and we can book with confidence. 

• 1 month later...

Feb 16th (?) on the Harmony of the Seas out of Orlando.  A surprise trip for hubby's uncle and we were the surprise who greeted him at the port on sail day.  It was a great trip.  Lots of family time.  Lots of laughter.  Lots of memories made.  We're so glad we went despite the growing worries about everything happening.  We're hoping to get the entire gang (plus more family members!!) together as soon as it's safe to get back on board.  Can't wait to make more happy memories with them.  We've got friends we've met on various cruises in the past as well and am looking forward to having some cocktails with them poolside again.  Soon.. hopefully soon....

On 1/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, island lady said:

Second leg B2B Rhapsody out of Tampa 2/22/20.   

Feels like a life time ago.  😮 

I was on that ship the week of the 29th. I think they shut it down one week later.

• Like 1

August 2019 - Jewel of the Seas out of Rome - Western Mediterranean and before that April 2018 on Pride of America.  Covid forced cancellation of re-positioning Southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure of the Seas FLL to New York last May.  Aaaargh!

We were on the Majesty exactly one year ago  - we sailed on March 7, and it was supposed to be our first-ever B2B with the second cruise beginning on March 14. Instead, we were told to pack up and leave the ship on March 14,  as were all passengers onboard. We missed our first chance to experience Coco Cay due to rough seas,  walked around a bit in Nassau, and left the ship to buy dental floss(!) in Key West during the cruise.

A year later: Majesty is no longer in service with Royal,  having been sold off. Of course,  we have yet to sail on a B2B, but we are hoping to do in late summer or fall of '21 or early '22. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

This week last year we were on the Symphony so we have been cruisless for one year as of this coming Sunday.  Next scheduled cruises are in late June from Stockholm (most likely will be canceled) and August from Galveston (50/50) at this point in time.  We have five booked in 2022 and certainly expect those to sail beginning in January.

I cruised out of Boston in October of 2019 but my last cruise ended the first week of March of last year. It was a 7-day on the Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville to the Bahamas. We almost cancelled but figured that covid hadn't really hit Florida yet (I think there were a few cases in Miami) and felt that it would be safe. When we got back to Jacksonville, they took a crew member to the hospital because they thought he had covid. Carnival never even told us about it. We read about it on here. Turned out that it wasn't covid but if he did end up testing positive for covid, I wonder if they would have told us about it. As far as I know, no one on the ship caught covid. The next weekend we went to my grandpa's 100th birthday party at his nursing home (last time I saw my grandpa alive - he died in May of natural causes) and the day after that they shut everything down.

I don't know if I'm ever going to cruise again. At least not in the next few years. I would love to but my 6 year old dog developed a bunch of health problems (diabetes, blindness from SARDS & separation anxiety) over the past year (2020 was one of the worst years of my life) and I'm kind of scared to leave her behind now. It will probably be road trips & camping for the next few years so I can take my dog with us.

Edited by AllyG47

A year ago today we were preparing to disembark Serenade of the Seas. Having been at sea for the previous 10 days, and doing our best to ignore the unfolding pandemic back in reality, we were shocked and somewhat confused by the chatter around the ship of people taking whatever toilet paper they could and packing it in their luggage. We had no idea that the world was about to begin 2 of the worst pandemic's modern society has ever experienced. COVID-19 and the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. I'm not trying to make light of the actual pandemic. COVID is a terrible virus that has upset the lives of many, but I still don't understand why toilet paper was everyone's security blanket. 

Edited by MiniChunks