When was your last cruise?

45 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I knew someone on that cruise as well. We were to board Freedom this Sunday. She looked amazing after her Amplification.

We were supposed to be on the freedom now. Was looking forward to celebrating my b day in the sun, cruising on the newly amped freedom and the itinerary.  

20 hours ago, klass2 said:

I was on the Allure Transatlantic March 1, 2020. We disembarked in Barcelona on March 13. I quickly flew to the UK for a few days and then back to the states to quarantine. 

It was a bit chaotic as I had to change my travel plans three times while on the TA. I spent my last days at sea trying to email/call to change and cancel my post cruise plans. 

we were on this cruise as well. We flew out of Barcelona that very day. The airport at Barcelona was an absolute zoo. We felt like we were on the last helicopter off of the Saigon Embassy. Our greatest surprise was not being quarantined at Newark airport.

Doug

My last cruise was the second week of March 2020 on Carnival Breeze. Blanket cruise cancellations began during the last few days of the cruise. It was so bizarre coming home to an empty boarding area - not seeing hoards of cruisers waiting to board was surreal. It wasn't the best cruise I've ever been on by far, but I'm happy I at least got one last cruise in before this all started.

• Like 1

A year ago today I had just arrived in FLL for my short 2 night Jan 16-18 2020 Equinox cruise to Nassau. The weather was perfect. The AirBnB was lovely. The restaurants were tasty. The cruise was wonderful. The snorkeling, especially the morning private me only excursion (with skipper husband and his wife as a 'chaprerone' as they didn't usually take out a solo female traveler) was fantastic - the afternoon ship excursion was ok. I got a late upgrade to Aqua class and due to some issues making the upgrade I was gifted a (free) Premium Beverage Package by a manager which allowed me to sample more than I would have. A fun time!

Next booked is September to Bermuda from Baltimore.

• Like 2

Our last crusie was February 22. 2020 seven night on Rhapsody.    Our first cancelled cruise was the March 15, 2020 sailing of Harmony.  We received the cancellation on March 13th.  Just a few hours later and we would have already been in the car on the way to Florida. 

Haven't given  up hope that we will, one day, sail  in 2021.  

M

• Like 1

My last cruise was March 8-14. Probably the best birthday cruise I ever had! This year was supposed to do 5+5 on Indy to celebrate my milestone birthday (10 nights in a grand suite) but not meant to be. So like someone else said I'm not having a birthday this year. March 2022 I'll celebrate that birthday on Jewel of the Seas. Jr. suite only unless prices come ⬇️

Carnival Elation - 5 nights - February 7th, 2020.  It tied into a few days in Orlando post cruise and was the first cruise for a 5 year old. I'm so glad we made the trip before all of the crap started - 4 generations - aged 95 - 5 that we probably will never have the chance to do again.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, Another_Critic said:

Feb 20, 2020, Grandeur of the Seas, 8 night "Bahamas" - Baltimore, Nassau (skipped port), Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, Charleston, Baltimore.

* Boarding was delayed for deep cleaning for "flu-like" symptoms on previous sailing.

* Departure was delayed due to weather - storm moving up the east coast.  Anchored in Chesapeake Bay overnight thru the following afternoon.

* Nassau was skipped due to delayed departure.

* Emergency stop in Port Canaveral for medical evacuation.

* Beautiful day at Coco Cay.

* Cool and windy at Port Canaveral.

* Rain in Charleston.

We were on this sailing as well. It was a replacement cruise since we'd had to cancel Explorer in January of 2020. Better than no cruise at all, but wasn't the greatest. Looking back we're glad we at least got to sail last year and get home safely without any illness contracted. We were so naive at the time!

On 1/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, gmerick said:

My last cruise was the Grandeur, debarking on 20 Feb 2020.  Emergency stop in SC, skipped St Croix to make up time.  Piano player in the Schooner got the flu and couldn't entertain the last 2 nights.  Lots of folks with the flu.  Rumors ran rampant about did we get that new virus or what.  Got nothing from RCI explaining what went wrong, but then I didn't expect to either.  Didn't discourage me either, as I still have two cruises on the books, and I'm sure hoping they both sail.

We were on the subsequent sailing and had heard about a flu outbreak on the prior sailing. Boarded on time nonetheless, and we did not hear or see anything about a repeat of the flu or any other major illness outbreak on our sailing.