Edge Europe 2021 cancelled?

york survey

4 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Information I have is sailing out of Port Everglades from July to November on a mixture of 7/8 night sailings.

Annie

Before anyone gets overly excited, the 8 night is planned for Nov 6 which is outside of the current 7 day restriction.

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If you're referencing starting July '21....do you really think they'll cruise considering the vaccine situation?  We have Nov cruise booked and unhappily just about given up on it.

I think conceivably they could start sailing then.  The key may be how/if/when they can get the crew vaccinated, or how they would control things if that is not possible.  Despite the excruciatingly slow roll-out of the vaccine here in the US, by July a large amount of people including any 65+ person who wants the vaccine should be vaccinated.  Considering they will not sail at full capacity anyway for some period of time, they could definitely secure enough passengers.  I notice you are from Canada - that complicates things with the current restrictions on incoming travelers to the US.  And regards that same restriction, they would need to be able to secure testing when returning to the US for any sailing I would presume.

9 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think conceivably they could start sailing then.  The key may be how/if/when they can get the crew vaccinated, or how they would control things if that is not possible.  Despite the excruciatingly slow roll-out of the vaccine here in the US, by July a large amount of people including any 65+ person who wants the vaccine should be vaccinated.  Considering they will not sail at full capacity anyway for some period of time, they could definitely secure enough passengers.  I notice you are from Canada - that complicates things with the current restrictions on incoming travelers to the US.  And regards that same restriction, they would need to be able to secure testing when returning to the US for any sailing I would presume.

Not sure Canadian restrictions will be lifted anytime soon, maybe by the summer if the majority can be vaccinated (unlikely - they are saying end Sept.) Our vaccine delivery is limited - Europe dependent - until March.  Still probably many necessary travelling hoops to go through.  Anyway, keeping an open and positive attitude.  Back up is Europe in June '22....??  Feel more confident about the 'world' situation by then.

Edited by Oceangoer2

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24264-celebrity-moves-edge-to-caribbean-for-summer-2021.html

"The Celebrity Edge won't be going to Europe in summer 2021 as the cruise line will instead deploy its 2,900-guest ship in the Caribbean on a program of seven- and eight-night cruises from Port Everglades from July through November".

Itinerary Options

• 7-Night Eastern Caribbean: Florida: Fort Lauderdale, At Sea, Puerto Rico: San Juan, St. Thomas: Charlotte Amalie, St. Maarten: Phillipsburg, At Sea, At Sea, Florida: Fort Lauderdale.
  • 7-Night Western Caribbean: Florida: Fort Lauderdale, At Sea, Honduras: Roatan, Mexico: Costa Maya, Mexico: Cozumel, At Sea, Bahamas: Nassau, Florida: Fort Lauderdale.
  • 8-Night Eastern Caribbean: Florida: Fort Lauderdale, At Sea, Puerto Rico: San Juan, St. Thomas: Charlotte Amalie, St. Maarten: Phillipsburg, British Virgin Islands: Tortola, Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata, At Sea, Florida: Fort Lauderdale.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

The Edge and the Constellation are NOT sailing in Europe in 2021. This was announced on Jan 12,  2021.  Here is the link to the announcement on their web site.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

True....I'm booked on Reflection British Isles for July 30, 2021 and waiting for them to cancel this...hopefully before May 1 final due date.

15 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If you're referencing starting July '21....do you really think they'll cruise considering the vaccine situation?  We have Nov cruise booked and unhappily just about given up on it.

Summer cruises won’t happen. I mean if they were confident in cruising resuming why would they have not left Edge in Europe to maintain its scheduled cruises? Does Celebrity really think that the U.S. is going to have this virus under control before Europe does? I have no idea what the thinking was with this decision but I think it’s a bit disingenuous to lead cruisers on like this and give them hope by launching new itineraries like this. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

True....I'm booked on Reflection British Isles for July 30, 2021 and waiting for them to cancel this...hopefully before May 1 final due date.

We were booked on the Reflection transatlantic in April which (of course) has been cancelled. Unless Celebrity send her over without passengers I can’t see your cruise going ahead in July. 

11 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We were booked on the Reflection transatlantic in April which (of course) has been cancelled. Unless Celebrity send her over without passengers I can’t see your cruise going ahead in July. 

Sorry to say I can't see any Europe cruises this year. With Constellation and Edge already pulled I expect the others to follow soon. With the possible exception of Infinity

Unfortunately, for Celebrity, the vast majority of passengers are from North America. I just can't see the travel issues been addressed in time to make the cruises viable. Furthermore the vast majority of Europe cruises are 10/14 days giving virus control issues.

I pulled infinity as a POSSIBLE exception because it's already in Europe and is planned to do mainly 7 day cruises.

As ever... Fingers crossed