Cruising in 2021

thekeyman

12 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Hoping they get things figured out before our Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem.  I am so ready for a genie to take care of me.

If we go on the Anthem October 9th, you'll go.  So let's both hope. 

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I'm even  concerned about my June 2021 cruise.  However, to remove one variable, I've decided to drive to the port if the ship does sail.

That is a smart move.  We have a Galveston cruise booked for my family as we can drive there from Kansas (long, full day of driving).  I am so ready to get back to normal at some point (fingers crossed).

5 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

I am also concerned with my June 2021, but starting to accept it probably wont go, and I am ok moving to Sept 2021 and trying again. Also have a Mar 2022 and I am pretty confident in that one (knock on wood)

We have an October 2021 sailing (9 days long.....so hope is quickly fleeting) out of Galveston on Explorer of the Seas; but our backup is a 7 day sailing on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston in September 2022 (nice cruise itinerary for the port as it hits Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Honduras).  I truly think only my second one will happen.

31 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

I am also concerned with my June 2021, but starting to accept it probably wont go, and I am ok moving to Sept 2021 and trying again. Also have a Mar 2022 and I am pretty confident in that one (knock on wood)

Lol I was confident of my sept 2021 cruise and booked a nonrefundable hotel/suite. I'll be there with or without my cruise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Would Galveston even be one of the first ports to open, on the assumption they stagger the openings? I assume Port Canaveral and Miami would be first.

Everything I've read says it will be the 3rd port to open, after miami and port Canaveral. 

Beach there is already open and hotels to book. Still hoping for sept.

Biden said he hopes the vaccine will be availble to all by spring. Said it just yesterday. Sounds over optimistic but I'm hopeful. Sept in Galveston good beach weather. I'll go anyway.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I'm actually hoping at this point my July 2021 RT out of Amsterdam cancels and more than likely my Oct 2021 out of Cape Liberty does also.

Whether or not our 3 cruises sail from Europe this year - we won't be on them. Two have nonrefundable deposits, so I hope RCI cancels first.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I'm actually hoping at this point my July 2021 RT out of Amsterdam cancels and more than likely my Oct 2021 out of Cape Liberty does also.

The Oct. cruise might go.  Wouldn't bet a nickle that the itinerary stays the same.

33 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Whether or not our 3 cruises sail from Europe this year - we won't be on them. Two have nonrefundable deposits, so I hope RCI cancels first.

If you cancel they will give you a fcc, which is what we got when we cancelled before they cancelled. 

We have a 14 day TA, Rome to FT Lauderdale, end of Oct 2021 and who know??

Hard enough to think about USA cruises, we have to worry about European ports also.

I still haven't made any airline reservations.

All we can do is plan a bit and hope for better times. 

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

Looking at 7 day Eastern in Middle July.  If cruise lines have not returned to cruising why is it RCL is allowing July bookings? Would you even consider booking July or August '21?  Don't want to plunk down $$ if July '21 is not realistic.  When do you think cruise lines will return to cruising.  Thnx

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

If you cancel they will give you a fcc, which is what we got when we cancelled before they cancelled. 

We have avoided FCCs so far and would prefer  refunds.  However, we could make use of one FCC if the sail-by date is extended until the end of 2022.

I have a Feb '22 cruise on Symphony that I recently put a deposit down on. I'm thinking about an Alaskan cruise for sometime during the summer of '22 but am waiting to see how things go later this year. I really want to put a deposit down on the Alaskan cruise but am not very optimistic they will get anything going for that market this year. Keeping my fingers crossed!

🤨