What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

48 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

I do, however, challenge the "high percentage of passengers" comment. If we have a few thousand people on Cruise Critic (which I assume is an overestimate) that fall in this category, that is still a minimal percentage of the total number of passengers per year on Celebrity ships.

I assume that you do understand that the Cruise Critic pax are simply a microcosm of the cruising public at large.

It is not like there is a whole other world that is not on this site and feels totally differently about the changes.  Like polls, they don't interview every single person in the metric but deduce sentiment from those they do.

And my totally unscientific take here on CC is that sentiment is running against implementation of AI.

Which means that =X= will need to move, to some degree, from retention to conquest and development of a new customer base.  Which is always more expensive than customer retention.

And, since this was my business, I understand that the conquest or developed consumer could be a bigger spender, but at what cost?

Only time will tell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

by this logic I am paying for the buffet which I never ever use.  I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people piling their plates and tray is really awful, food they will not eat, but it is "free".  The uneaten food MANY leave behind that I see the staff hauling to the trash is disgusting.  No one will ever say they saw me leave a full drink on my table.  It all evens out at the end, if one does not like AI, stop complaining, find a line that works for you.  It is not difficult.

Sorry, this is as apples and oranges as it can get 🙄
Eating on a cruise - no matter where - is a basic need.
It´s always been included and of no regards in the current discussion.
And I am not talking about the car comparison but the AI discussion.

Even if some might disagree I think and hope we are far away from calling internet or Martinis a basic need. Nothing wrong with beeing able to choose if one wants to stay connected or not and if one wants to have two glasses of wine a day or a full package vs being "forced" to order it.

Edited by Miaminice

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I know there are many comments re 'not buying AI'... I wonder if any stats are available?  X must have studied this and the final analysis will be how many book cruises now with AI compared with months past without AI.  

I think this question can be answered without any stats...
If the majority had booked the individual perks - some or all - Celebrity would have had no cause or benefit to switch to AI. 

I am pretty sure they are not doing it to do us a favor 🙂

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I think this question can be answered without any stats...
If the majority had booked the individual perks - some or all - Celebrity would have had no cause or benefit of switching to AI. 

I am pretty sure they are not doing it to do us a favor 🙂

What they more likely studied was how many passengers will they lose by forcing AI vs. how much revenue will they generate by having AI plus can they replace the lost souls with unsuspecting newbies who don't have the club status anyway; thereby saving the club benefit costs.

On paper if they calculated correctly, it's a win-win-win for XX and a lose-lose-lose for others. Then for others, it's a wash.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

Congratulations---- we are up to 7 pages on a topic that was discussed a little while ago.

Same comments from same people.

So, let me , no , I better not say what I " really " feel-- but, I'll be polite.

As I wrote xxx times----- The Pinboy's don't drink liquor , don't use 10 minutes of wifi , don't eat everything in sight the few times we go to the " slug fest " in the Oceanview Cafe ,  etc, etc--- so, it comes down to :  " Ya wanna go , here's the price, here's what ya get " ---  end of story.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

What they more likely studied was how many passengers will they lose by forcing AI vs. how much revenue will they generate by having AI plus can they replace the lost souls with unsuspecting newbies who don't have the club status anyway; thereby saving the club benefit costs.

It's a win-win-win for XX and a lose-lose-lose for others.

And it's Choice-Choice for everyone.

Just now, Pinboy said:

Congratulations---- we are up to 7 pages on a topic that was discussed a little while ago.

So, let me , no , I better not say what I " really " feel-- but, I'll be polite.

As I wrote xxx times----- The Pinboy's don't drink liquor , don't use 10 minutes of wifi , don't eat everything in sight the few times we go to the " slug fest " in the Oceanview Cafe ,  etc, etc--- so, it comes down to :  " Ya wanna go , here's the price, here's what ya get " ---  end of story.

Maybe same comments from 'some' people, but same quality of response from you.

• Like 3

i believe that some people are so frustrated by not cruising that they will pay almost any price and accept any conditions to resume cruising. Celebrity and others might be placing a bet that they will be able to fill their ships with these types. I am not in that group!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Blah, blah, blah...🥱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Maybe same comments from 'some' people, but same quality of response from you.

Just for fun---- no offense:

I noticed the picture on your CC Id---

What was your complaint for receiving the bubbly, the flowers AND the chocolate covered strawberries ? 

17 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Not really. When I buy a car, I'm able to choose options. When I buy a new house, I'm able to choose options. When I book a cruise, I'm able to choose options. But not on Celebrity anymore. Too bad.

In general a good point.  But even buying a car these days (as opposed to years ago) many things that were once considered options are now included in the base price.  The difference right now is that I can go out today and buy a car.  The price will be competitive if I do my homework.  I cannot go out today and cruise or any time soon.  So what I am doing now is speculating on future cruise pricing if I sign up now.  I am not doing that. Period.  Rather I am waiting for cruising to resume and assuming that in short order there will be an overabundance of cabins on cruise ships.  I will get a better price.  I will make choices using whatever the marketing campaign is at that time.  Probably it will not be something called All-Inclusive if it proves to be too expensive and not popular.  Why do some people think All-Inclusive is cast in stone and will never change?  It certainly will depending on supply and demand.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Just for fun---- no offense:

I noticed the picture on your CC Id---

What was your complaint for receiving the bubbly, the flowers AND the chocolate covered strawberries ? 

Whatever made you think I had a 'complaint'....if you are kindly asking, I'll share...... it was a bon voyage surprise gift from our son....flowers, bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries and a $$$ GC for our anniversary, which was very much appreciated.   So of course, no offense taken.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In general a good point.  But even buying a car these days (as opposed to years ago) many things that were once considered options are now included in the base price.  The difference right now is that I can go out today and buy a car.  The price will be competitive if I do my homework.  I cannot go out today and cruise or any time soon.  So what I am doing now is speculating on future cruise pricing if I sign up now.  I am not doing that. Period.  Rather I am waiting for cruising to resume and assuming that in short order there will be an overabundance of cabins on cruise ships.  I will get a better price.  I will make choices using whatever the marketing campaign is at that time.  Probably it will not be something called All-Inclusive if it proves to be too expensive and not popular.  Why do some people think All-Inclusive is cast in stone and will never change?  It certainly will depending on supply and demand.

Very well said....there are AI Lincolns and there are AI motorcycles....one does not always please all..and they do come with upgrades (options) as does X AI (premium drink pkg for instance).  And....times change...economics change...demand changes.  X has had many promos - this may just be one more OR it will prove to be popular and we'll all either live (or book) with it or find another line which suits us better.  No point in getting into a lather over a choice we don't HAVE to make.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

Some luxury lines have been All Inclusive for many years. Currently I have two cruises booked on a luxury line. I don't mind the all inclusive concept, but am concerned about how Celebrity has designed the program to limit benefits and raise the cost for the most loyal passengers by charging for benefits associated with their loyalty level. As some of the luxury lines have done Celebrity should consider a percentage reduction in base cost of the cruise based on loyalty level. That would reward loyalty as well as keeping the All Inclusive program.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Whatever made you think I had a 'complaint'....if you are kindly asking, I'll share...... it was a bon voyage surprise gift from our son....flowers, bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries and a $$$ GC for our anniversary, which was very much appreciated.   So of course, no offense taken.

Very nice-----I did say "Just for fun---- no offense " and glad you took it that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

LOL. My post was in response to someone stating that "It is like anything else you purchase.   It may come with or without the things you want, would like, or need". I was simply pointing that when buying a car or a new house (or many, many other things) this simply isn't so, that there are options. This wasn't intended to be an examination of the auto industry. 

As for Celebrity's AI program, I prefer to choose which perks to buy. Typically, I go with the CBP and Gratuities but not the Internet. That's my preference; no more, no less. Consequently, AI will have absolutely no bearing on whether or not I will continue to sail with Celebrity. I've yet to find a perfect cruise line with perfect ships and perfect itineraries and perfect pricing. While AI is a con in my view, Celebrity still offers too many pros for me to say goodbye over the introduction of AI.

30 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

No point in getting into a lather over a choice we don't HAVE to make.

If you read my posts on this subject, you'll see that at no point do I even become mildly excited, let alone get into a lather. The thread is intended to solicit posters' thoughts on AI, and I've simply said that my preference is to purchase perks separately. That's it, my preference. No stamping of feet, no pouting and definitely no getting into a lather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If you read my posts on this subject, you'll see that at no point do I even become mildly excited, let alone get into a lather. The thread is intended to solicit posters' thoughts on AI, and I've simply said that my preference is to purchase perks separately. That's it, my preference. No stamping of feet, no pouting and definitely no getting into a lather.

Wasn't aimed at you....funny pic....with your Ottawa mask on stamping and pouting...haha.  Not a good choice of words....my old granny coming out in me.  General comment was for all of us to try to go with the flow if we want to sail with X...and yes...exert personal preference if we can...but so far, X is in the driver's seat

55 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

And your point is?  The buffet is just fine for me but the OP seemed to not enjoy dining there, just watching.  I suggested there are alternatives.

And that was my point. 😃 In essence I was somewhat agreeing with you about someone appearing to be judgemental. Personally if I weren't eating in the buffet, I wouldn't be perched there passing judgement for enjoyment.  I'd be in a bar, the theater or in bed.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I assume that you do understand that the Cruise Critic pax are simply a microcosm of the cruising public at large...

If by "microcosm," you mean "self-selecting, non-representative sample," then I am aware of that. 

22 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

And that was my point. 😃 In essence I was somewhat agreeing with you about someone appearing to be judgemental. Personally if I weren't eating in the buffet, I wouldn't be perched there passing judgement for enjoyment.  I'd be in a bar, the theater or in bed.

Mea culpa  🤐  ....see how easy it is to misunderstand the written word....! 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1