What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Im surprised you even asked that question. Someone who is Elite or up will now have to pay for things that were a benefit. 

I am not surprised about the question. I am more surprised about the neverending feeling of entitlement here. Fact is that nothing is taken away from Elite and Elite+! They are just p...d that it´s also given to others! How terrible and shocking! 🙄

Just cruise and be happy! If you stopped enjoying cruising for the experience itself and only do it for the vanity of some fancy tier name, you should stay at home!

I can´t hear it any more. The constant mentioning and bragging how many cruises people did and how many $$$ they spent with the cruise line. And at the same time they are planning their whole day around some free drinks...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

I am not surprised about the question. I am more surprised about the never ending feeling of entitlement here. Fact is that nothing is taken away from Elite and Elite+! They are just p...d that it´s also given to others! How terrible and shocking! 🙄

I am more surprised about the feeling of entitlement by XX to believe they're a luxury cruise line just for including the gratuities and classic beverage package while hiding the cost in the increased fares. Jeeeeze, it's not even premium liquor without adding another charge. 

Now go equate the real luxury lines and compare the ALL (not always) included items: the ship's passenger size, air fare, excursions, accommodations, food offerings and quality service level.  Granted you may pay more, but lately since AI, not much more or even less than XX is trying to get. 

I'd rather try a real luxury line without club status until XX becomes a better value for what they include in the cost.  Club status on at least one other line actually gives you reduced fare percentages depending upon your level.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

4 hours ago, Miaminice said:

I am not surprised about the question. I am more surprised about the neverending feeling of entitlement here. Fact is that nothing is taken away from Elite and Elite+! They are just p...d that it´s also given to others! How terrible and shocking! 🙄

Just cruise and be happy! If you stopped enjoying cruising for the experience itself and only do it for the vanity of some fancy tier name, you should stay at home!

I can´t hear it any more. The constant mentioning and bragging how many cruises people did and how many $$$ they spent with the cruise line. And at the same time they are planning their whole day around some free drinks...

Totally off our beam here.

Could care less that people are getting what our status provided.

P....d (to use your terminology) that I would have to pay 1 1/2 to 2 times what I have been paying to get what has been customary.  And 1 /2 to 2 times, in many cases, what I can get on a competing cruise line.

That is the whole point. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Totally off our beam here.

Could care less that people are getting what our status provided.

P....d (to use your terminology) that I would have to pay 1 1/2 to 2 times what I have been paying to get what has been customary.  And 1 /2 to 2 times, in many cases, what I can get on a competing cruise line.

That is the whole point. 

That might be YOUR point. Which ist OK. Regarding the AI thing it´s also my point and the issue we should be discussing here. Quite a few here, however, have a problem with their sacred loyalty perks and keep riding the high loyalty horse over and over again... that´s what I have been addressing.

I am not really happy with AI either. However, the answer to your statement: "1 /2 to 2 times, in many cases, what I can get on a competing cruise line." can only be the same as the answer to many other posts here...
If you think a competitive cruise line is comparable and you get what you want there for less, just book with them. Problem solved.

I fully understand the dilemma - because I am caught in it myself. The answer is there and easy - book elsewhere. But of course Celebrity is our favorite and it would hurt us to book elsewhere.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Very harsh assessment.

We are elite plus and I will tell you it has nothing to do with entitlement or  status.

But, it does have everything to do with economics.

For a reasonable (relatively) price, we had enough internet and enough wine (all we drink is one glass!) included. 

Now the price has, in some cases, doubled.

I have no interest in paying double for the same thing.

And that pretty much sums it up.   Nobody hates AI, it's the new pricing for basically the same product that has many annoyed.   Does all the price increase come from AI, probably not, just bad marketing by Celebrity.

I'm still looking at sailings on a price pp/pd basis with my same thresholds for value.  It's getting harder to find that value but have found a few.

• Like 2

This is getting " nuts "---   " Blah, blah, blah --  Ya wanna go , here's the price, here's what ya get " ---  end of story ". 

How about we move on to some " good stuff " like:

1--The dangers of Silent Disco dancing ( ?? ) .

2--The " I didn't really mean it " conversation in your cabin after participating in the Newly Wed game.

3--Great " deals " on jewelry that were not so great when you brought it/them for an appraisal at home. 

4-- Who's on ?---- forget it --- there would be too many pages .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Yep.

Which is why I said "non scientific."

But can't imagine what would be more representative of the cruising public than, eh, maybe a cruise forum?

If by "cruise forum" you mean or inferring CC, then this is far from being representative of any lines passenger demographics (meaningful representation), IMO.

bon voyage

• Like 2

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Man, what a crappy way to spend time while on a cruise and hogging a chair and table at the same time. And that same staff throws away the food that isn't consumed from the buffet stations when the buffet is closed. 🙄

I, personally, find it somewhat entertaining while thinking if these same wasteful individuals do the same thing in their respective homes and cities or we more reserved and conscientious around individuals who know us? LOL

I suspect a bit of both pending on who is around or not, to see it in action.

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

If by "cruise forum" you mean or inferring CC, then this is far from being representative of any lines passenger demographics (meaningful representation), IMO.

bon voyage

I heartedly disagree.  Have been on CC since 2001.  Have sailed over 80 times since that date.  The people I "meet" on Cruise Critic are very similar to the people I meet in person on the ships. 

Maybe it is because we only do longer (12+) days sailings and don't sail in the Caribbean, but I really see very little difference between the CC folks and those onboard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

I heartedly disagree.  Have been on CC since 2001.  Have sailed over 80 times since that date.  The people I "meet" on Cruise Critic are very similar to the people I meet in person on the ships. 

Maybe it is because we only do longer (12+) days sailings and don't sail in the Caribbean, but I really see very little difference between the CC folks and those onboard. 

I cannot disagree with your experience(s), mine happens to be very different, especially in terms of what these passengers want and desire and expect from X.

We mainly discuss our enjoyment of sailing, the X experience and whatever activities we are looking forward to either on-board or in port.

If someone has an issue, then we discuss how to make it right, before too long and not complain after we get off the ship and home.

I can agree the length of sailing contributes to your findings as well, maybe those of us who take seven (7) day sails are more animated, overall? LOL

bon voyage

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I cannot disagree with your experience(s), mine happens to be very different, especially in terms of what these passengers want and desire and expect from X.

We mainly discuss our enjoyment of sailing, the X experience and whatever activities we are looking forward to either on-board or in port.

If someone has an issue, then we discuss how to make it right, before too long and not complain after we get off the ship and home.

I can agree the length of sailing contributes to your findings as well, maybe those of us who take seven (7) day sails are more animated, overall? LOL

bon voyage

I think we have a disconnect.

I am saying that the people I meet on ships are very similar to the people I "meet" on Cruise Critic.  Meaning demographics, sailing histories, travel experience and the like.

I am not talking about what is discussed as to specifics on the ship.  Or activities.  Or complaints (not sure how that even got into this discussion).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

Very harsh assessment.

We are elite plus and I will tell you it has nothing to do with entitlement or  status.

But, it does have everything to do with economics.

For a reasonable (relatively) price, we had enough internet and enough wine (all we drink is one glass!) included. 

Now the price has, in some cases, doubled.

I have no interest in paying double for the same thing.

Exactly!

From the initial introduction of the Alc Packages as perks, we started to see Celebrity slipping.  In  terms of passenger demographics (suits drinkers who came over to X in large numbers from other cruise lines) )..., quality of cruise experience( less  bar service..more get it yourself) & increased charges for some items people do not fully use,.  Just our opinion

No choice  now..so we'll go with the flow.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I think we have a disconnect.

I am saying that the people I meet on ships are very similar to the people I "meet" on Cruise Critic.  Meaning demographics, sailing histories, travel experience and the like.

I am not talking about what is discussed as to specifics on the ship.  Or activities.  Or complaints (not sure how that even got into this discussion).

Nope, no disconnect on this side.

I accept(ed) that you have met the same demographic(s)/type of passenger between CC and your sailings, just not the same for me, very different demographics I meet when aboard vs CC (not including those on CC whom I meet  aboard).

bon voyage

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Im surprised you even asked that question. Someone who is Elite or up will now have to pay for things that were a benefit. 

I had started to look for a couple of cruises on X again and then a few weeks later the AI started. No thanks, I won’t even bother to look anymore.

Don't be surprised. I honestly would like to know what other perks/benefits are being lost other than the unlimited CC HH drinks and the two hour CC HH get together (bummer as we always enjoyed that) and the CC internet minutes (used maybe 15 minutes as we stay disconnected) due to the AI introduction? I've seen nothing from Celebrity. Have you seen something regarding what other perks/benefits we are losing published by Celebrity? Some of them other perks/benefits are a value to us. Others we never took advantage of. We aren't thrilled with Celebrity's decision on the AI concept either and hopefully it will be a failure. We always took the CBP as one of our bundled perks in the past so no real change there for us.  Over the years on the different cruise line forums I've read a lot of posters voicing that they wish the cruise lines would add the gratuities in the cost of the cruise. Celebrity know has. We're good with that.  Who's to say RC isn't going to adapt the same concept? We hope not. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

How about we move on to some " good stuff " like:

1--The dangers of Silent Disco dancing ( ?? ) .

LOL.  I find this one very appropriate.  A bunch of older people with headphones on and not paying attention.  Since it happens in a public area usually I have been almost stepped upon or even hit by flailing limbs a few times when trying to get by them.  There is a reason not to do this on an open deck near the railings! 😀😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

LOL.  I find this one very appropriate.  A bunch of older people with headphones on and not paying attention.  Since it happens in a public area usually I have been almost stepped upon or even hit by flailing limbs a few times when trying to get by them.  There is a reason not to do this on an open deck near the railings! 😀😀

LOL, maybe there is a reason to!!!

bon voyage

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I, personally, find it somewhat entertaining while thinking if these same wasteful individuals do the same thing in their respective homes and cities or we more reserved and conscientious around individuals who know us? LOL

I suspect a bit of both pending on who is around or not, to see it in action.

bon voyage

But just to go to the buffet and watch others. 🙄 No way!  That's what caused me to post what I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, LGW59 said:

"always included" means we're paying for others'  Actually you are not, we are all paying for the AI package, so you are not paying for my drinks, I am.

Anyone who gets their alcohol included in their fare but doesn't drink is indeed subsidizing the cost of alcohol for those who do drink. Obviously, if drinks weren't included, my fare would be lower than yours if you purchased a drinks package as an extra. 

• Like 1

X knows everything about the range of pax on the ship - they have all the demographics.  Age, buying habits, status, time in room - everything and its all looked at 25 different ways.  They know who is naughty and nice and who is profitable and not profitable.  Elites who buy "value' cabins and only eat and drink what is free or included are not the future.  X wasn't making money on you anyway.  They have no problem if you went to HAL or Carnival so those lines can lose money on you instead.  They want Elites who buy $15 martinis, eat at specialty restaurants and go to the spa.  If offering free drinks to all eliminates the "cheap elites" then so be it

They want the folks who vacation in upscale hotels in Las Vegas or Arizona- which are pretty nice.  Rooms are generally $300/night, easily $250/night in food plus booze at the pool. Total $600-700 night.  If that was on a cruise it would be $4k/week for 2 pax.  BTW - the hotels are packed (pre-pandemic)

X (and others) can't survive bu just stealing market share from other lines - they need new customers who have never cruised and are now going to LAS, AZ and assorted high end resorts.  In the airline Frequent Flyer world there is an expression - Want First? Buy First!  Want to fly in First class at coach prices (where's my upgrade?) is long gone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, tfred said:

X knows everything about the range of pax on the ship - they have all the demographics.  Age, buying habits, status, time in room - everything and its all looked at 25 different ways.  They know who is naughty and nice and who is profitable and not profitable.  Elites who buy "value' cabins and only eat and drink what is free or included are not the future.  X wasn't making money on you anyway.  They have no problem if you went to HAL or Carnival so those lines can lose money on you instead.  They want Elites who buy $15 martinis, eat at specialty restaurants and go to the spa.  If offering free drinks to all eliminates the "cheap elites" then so be it

They want the folks who vacation in upscale hotels in Las Vegas or Arizona- which are pretty nice.  Rooms are generally $300/night, easily $250/night in food plus booze at the pool. Total $600-700 night.  If that was on a cruise it would be $4k/week for 2 pax.  BTW - the hotels are packed (pre-pandemic)

X (and others) can't survive bu just stealing market share from other lines - they need new customers who have never cruised and are now going to LAS, AZ and assorted high end resorts.  In the airline Frequent Flyer world there is an expression - Want First? Buy First!  Want to fly in First class at coach prices (where's my upgrade?) is long gone

So true, they just figure you will just book with RCL so you get your free diamond drinks 

RCG doesn’t have gun permit forcing to book with Celebrity, in Canada they don’t not sure if that is true in USA 🤔😉🤣

• Haha 1

So, AI equals PU to some. “I ain’t  cruisin’ if I’m losin’.” “Now that I’m vexed I’m no longer X’ed.” “Give me liberty or give me debt.” “I wouldn’t even spend my laundered money on that.” Recall seeing these statements throughout this thread? To those implications I beseech you, does Pi really equal MC squared?

All things being equal, are they really? Nothing wrong or right here, just differences of opinion, matters of choice and doubts about fidelity. It’s inconsequential as to which way we go. After all, if you don’t buy AI it’s all good, someone else will. Maybe in several months you’ll be asked to buy BS or MO or KP. Then, we’ll have more threads to create, more seeds to sow and more decisions to make. Can you feel it, more good times ahead.

In the meantime, I’ll be in a veranda cabin somewhere between decks 7 and 10. Be there or be MC squared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2