Will they sail less than full?

bstrong3

7 minutes ago, bstrong3 said:

If they are required to sail less than full(say 50%), and the cruise I am booked on(Feb. 2022) is almost sold out now. How do you think they will decide who gets bumped off?  

No one knows at this point.  But when they do decide, step back get out of the way Cruise Critic is gonna explode!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You started a thread with the identical title last year. Rather than start a new one, you should have asked for an update using the existing thread. 

Mods have been asked to merge them.

This made me think of a Bee Gees song: I started A Joke....1968/9?  Was well before my time though 🤣

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

You started a thread with the identical title last year. Rather than start a new one, you should have asked for an update using the existing thread. 

Mods have been asked to merge them.

Did I miss the election of you becoming the thread police? This is the 2nd thread I’ve read in the last 20 minutes where you have said this....

1 hour ago, farmermd said:

Did I miss the election of you becoming the thread police? This is the 2nd thread I’ve read in the last 20 minutes where you have said this....

Some things bear repeating.  

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Strong.    Jelayne posted the last thing that I have seen in regards to your question.  Appears that there will need to be some serious thought as to who goes, and who doesn't.. No doubt the most expensive category rooms booked,  will get to go first.  They gotta make a lot of money back.   Don't expect them to pick out of a hat for this year.   2022 is still a year away besides.   

14 hours ago, bstrong3 said:

If they are required to sail less than full(say 50%), and the cruise I am booked on(Feb. 2022) is almost sold out now. How do you think they will decide who gets bumped off?  

Go to this thread:

• Thanks 1

My opinion is that no one is likely to be bumped off.  The cruises that appear to be fully booked right now might not be.  Some posters say they have multiple cruises booked, to keep their options open, but don't plan to use them all.  And, reading all the posts that say "I won't cruise if I have to wear a mask/use cruise line excursions/distance/be vaccinated/etc."  will opt out anyway, once the rules are known.  That leaves the ship for the rest of us who are willing to comply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

My opinion is that no one is likely to be bumped off.  The cruises that appear to be fully booked right now might not be.  Some posters say they have multiple cruises booked, to keep their options open, but don't plan to use them all.  And, reading all the posts that say "I won't cruise if I have to wear a mask/use cruise line excursions/distance/be vaccinated/etc."  will opt out anyway, once the rules are known.  That leaves the ship for the rest of us who are willing to comply.

Valid points. We have friends who have four cruises booked for Feb 5, 2022. I think they are a bit extreme (maybe?) but certainly not alone in, what some may call aggressive, planning. Concerning expensive suites, I do wonder if people will follow through and make final payment when they have booked far more expensive cabins than they normally would. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Valid points. We have friends who have four cruises booked for Feb 5, 2022. I think they are a bit extreme (maybe?) but certainly not alone in, what some may call aggressive, planning. Concerning expensive suites, I do wonder if people will follow through and make final payment when they have booked far more expensive cabins than they normally would. 

I just wish that Celebrity would do what I think they most likely already know they will need to do, cancel cruises through the summer season.  My final payment for an August cruise is not due until May 28, I will wait until very close before I cancel, in the hopes they do so first.  Then I will take tthe 100% refund.  I feel for folks who have to make final payment decision even sooner, to pay or not to pay, my sense is at this point most just want to take the refund.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I'd be ok with that if it gets us cruising again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1