2022-2023 Exotic Voyages on sale 2/12!

AtlantaCruiser72

Fall 2022 to Spring 2023 Exoctic Voyages open for bookings February 12th.  No specific itinerary details or ship assignments available, but I expect it to mimic the Falll 2021 to Spring 2022 season pretty closely with a few possible itinerary tweaks.  I anticipate Westerdam to South America, Oosterdam to Aus/NZ and Noordam to SE Asia.

Capture.JPG

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

I'm hoping for the return of the Grand Asia, last done in 2018. Speculation is HAL may rotate between the Grand Africa, Grand Asia and Grand Mediterranean yearly.

The "original" plan was indeedto rotate the three with Grand Mediterranean in 2019, Grand Africa in 2020, Grand Asia in 2021, wash rinse repeat ......

THAT SAID ......

HAL have already announced Grand Africa for Fall 2022 on Zaandam (as replacement for the 2020 and 2021 sailings that were both cancelled) and Volendam will be in Europe until Fall 2022 and will reposition to FLL in Mid November, just in time to do a few Caribbean or a an Amazon Explorer sailing for the Holidays before Embarking on her Grand South America in January 2023.  The only option for a Grand Asia in fall 2022 would be Zuiderdam from the West Coast, which is unlikely as HAL had trouble filling Amsterdam on the itinerary in past.  i think earliest we see Grand Asia might be fall 2023 IF the fall 2022 Grand Africa actually happens.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

I'm hoping for the return of the Grand Asia, last done in 2018. Speculation is HAL may rotate between the Grand Africa, Grand Asia and Grand Mediterranean yearly.

I would book a Grand Med in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Would love to return to Australia and New Zealand - just have to deal with a flight 😉

We have yet to get there. We have tried several times over the years, but taking the 4-6 off to do it right has never been achievable. Maybe now that I'm semi-retired and will be fully in the next couple of years we can finally make it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drowelf said:

We have yet to get there. We have tried several times over the years, but taking the 4-6 off to do it right has never been achievable. Maybe now that I'm semi-retired and will be fully in the next couple of years we can finally make it. 

It is really beautiful - has it’s own waterfalls and the people are truly fantastic.  If you can do it, I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

UPDATE!

HAL is starting to load the 2022-23 exotics and there are some ship swaps from 2021-22 winter season.  Westerdam will be going to SE Asia/Japan, Oosterdam to South America and Noordam to Australia/NZ. 

Zuiderdam will do a 45 day South Pacific Sailing in fall 2022 R/T San Diego (also available as 47 and 50 day options staring in San Francisco or Vancouver) as well as a 35 day South Pacific R/T San Diego in 2023.  Regular Hawaii and Panama Canal are not part of this round of itineraries and will be loaded later in the year with the Mexico/Pacific Coastal sailings for winter 2022/23.

Based off of the dates for Westerdam's Arrival in Singapore (12/5) to Start the Asia season, and her previous sailing which is a westbound transatlantic from BCN ending in FLL on 11/19 as well as Oosterdam's repositioning cruise from FLL to Santiago staring on 11/19 and Oosterdams previous listed cruise ending in Seattle October 2nd, I think we may see Westerdam replace Oosterdam in AK for Summer 2022 and Oosterdam replace Westerdam in Europe for Summer 2022.  This would also make sense for Westerdam to delay drydock until fall 2022 and have it done in Singapore.  It will be interesting to watch those two ships and see how things play out. 

Sailings are supposed to go live on HAL website tomorrow, though some are already bookable in the travel agent system.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Oosterdam to South America

Thank you!

Our PCC notified us that the one we've been waiting for, January 2023 South America/Antarctica, will be on the website tomorrow.  He sent us the itinerary and it's exactly like the 2022 sailing, just a change in ship.  

• Like 1

I'm on Central time and they were there around 11 am, so Seattle must have posted them around 9 am Pacific time.  

I have an email into my TA about the 31-Day South America, Inca & Panama Canal Discovery on the Oosterdam.

Thank you, @AtlantaCruiser72.

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The HAL website appears to have been populated with all the itineraries from this latest release 🙂

Just getting off work and. headed to the site. Are they all in one place or does one have to hunt for them through various geographies?

24 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just getting off work and. headed to the site. Are they all in one place or does one have to hunt for them through various geographies?

Search as normal - Oosterdam to South America, Noordam to Aus/NZ, Westerdam to SE Asia/Japan and Zuiderdam Hawaii/Tahiti

Heads up on the 50/45 day South Pacific cruise. San Francisco sadly is NOT an embarkation port. 😢 Only Vancouver and San Diego. We are booked on this cruise. It would have been lovely to cruise from our home port but just being able to cruise is enough. 
Cheers, Denise

Just now, zelker said:

@AtlantaCruiser72 where did you see the Tales of the South Pacific in Fall 2022 bookable as a 47 day out of San Francisco?  It’s not on the website and the PCC I spoke with said it’s only available out of Vancouver or San Diego, 50 or 45 days respectively.

We posted at the same time!! 
Cheers, , Denise