Anyone banking on a 2021 cruise getting cancelled?

I probably going to get shot down in flames for this but ....

Prices for 2021 are a lot cheaper than 2022 for the cruises we’re interested in. L&S is gone, except where RC cancel the cruise. So anyone booking for this year, with the aim of it being cancelled and moving to 2022?

I’ll put on my Teflon suit now 🥷 

• Like 1

We were booked on the Independence for this May and of course they wouldn't admit that it's probably a no-go. 
We didn't want to spend thousands on final payment only to have to wait for a refund or use a FCC.
So we cancelled and booked a very good deal for 6 nights out of San Juan this November.
They were very accommodating on allowing us to use our deposits toward the new flash sale fare.
As we all know those are for new bookings only, so they made a "one time exception" which I was grateful for.
Price was so low that we're willing to risk another cancellation, use a FCC or maybe the return of L&S.
On the other hand, maybe by some miracle it will actually sail!   
But being in limbo and waiting for RC to make an announcement was inconvenient for the whole family.
So now we're going to Disney World in May instead. 😄

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

We were booked on the Independence for this May and of course they wouldn't admit that it's probably a no-go. 
We didn't want to spend thousands on final payment only to have to wait for a refund or use a FCC.
So we cancelled and booked a very good deal for 6 nights out of San Juan this November.
They were very accommodating on allowing us to use our deposits toward the new flash sale fare.
As we all know those are for new bookings only, so they made a "one time exception" which I was grateful for.
Price was so low that we're willing to risk another cancellation, use a FCC or maybe the return of L&S.
On the other hand, maybe by some miracle it will actually sail!   
But being in limbo and waiting for RC to make an announcement was inconvenient for the whole family.
So now we're going to Disney World in May instead. 😄

Did they charge you a $100 per person change fee? Or did the CWC policy cover that with waiving change fee?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have looked several times for a suite bargain with hopes of shifting it but no luck.  Now if you do shift it's going to be a lot more restrictive than it was when I did my shifting in the Spring 2020. 

Only because RCCL wised up..........

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No penalties are charged unless you cancel a sailing that departs after April 30, 2022

So if your cruise gets cancelled you get a. 125% voucher of anything you have booked on board, excursions etc

- can this be used for anything on board, drinks packages, nursary etc

- how is it issues, is it a voucher and can anyone use it

- is it easy to use

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Prices for 2021 are a lot cheaper than 2022 for the cruises we’re interested in. L&S is gone, except where RC cancel the cruise. So anyone booking for this year, with the aim of it being cancelled and moving to 2022?

I booked a cruise for may in the hope of getting a voucher to use for next year

now I’m thinking of booking some stuff on the ship so I get a 125% onboard credit, makes the drink package even cheaper 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

So if your cruise gets cancelled you get a. 125% voucher of anything you have booked on board, excursions etc

- can this be used for anything on board, drinks packages, nursary etc

- how is it issues, is it a voucher and can anyone use it

- is it easy to use

Royal offered that in the past.  It was not offered with this latest offer for Canada /New England cancellations. 

you get 125% of whatever you spent in the cruise planner as a non refundable OBC that can be spent on either cruise planner items or anything on board that you would normally charge to your shipboard account. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

We have been booking cruises as they are offered by club Royale.  We have had 10 RCL cruises cancelled since last March and have 6 or 7 upcoming booked.  We always request full refund when cancelled.  Haven't had or needed the L&S since these were all Club Royal deals that L&S did not apply for us.  Wife is now twice vaccinated and I believe that Son and I will each be qualified to request Vaccines starting tomorrow.  We will be signing up asap.

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

There is also the fact that you could book any cruise for May 2021 and pay it off and get a FCC and make a quick 25% on your investment😇  Pay $1000 to get $1250

Yeah, this is exactly what we did at first but what is the point of making money out of it if the only way you can spend it is on the cruise.. which will not happen. At least for now lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Yeah, this is exactly what we did at first but what is the point of making money out of it if the only way you can spend it is on the cruise.. which will not happen. At least for now lol 

As it will happen at some point and it’s a good wee investment when it does 😀