Anyone banking on a 2021 cruise getting cancelled?

18 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Anthem Fall 2021 TA is 10 nights (Oct. 20 to 30).  It's not listed, per CDC, because it's >7 nights.

Not sure what's happening Oct. 30 to Nov. 7.

Hello,

Maybe, but I still think 10 nights for a TA to Cape Liberty is excessive.

But an unpublished 7 night round-trip departure ex Southampton followed by a 10 night TA would get the Anthem to Cape Liberty outside the current strictures of the CDC.

Regards,

Cublet

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Quantum's maiden sailing was her TA to NY in 8 days with no port stops - not sure how popular such a sailing would be, nor the chances that RCI would even offer such a sailing.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, A&L_Ont said:

IMO I don’t see the quarantine returning home coming to an end by October, or at least any clear evidence of that by my final payment in July.

My golf trip to Canada last week of August was just canceled by........ wait for it ..... the Canadian government.  Plane tickets were axed!  

I just don't see cruising happening in 2021.  

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Quantum's maiden sailing was her TA to NY in 8 days with no port stops - not sure how popular such a sailing would be, nor the chances that RCI would even offer such a sailing.

They did the same sailing the following year on Anthem.  Included a Med evac at Ponta Delgada, Azores.

I was on both!  

I also did a 10 day non-stop LIS to SJU on Azamara Journey.

3 hours ago, cublet said:

I'm currently booked on the 10 night SOU to CL sailing.

As mentioned, Quantum and Anthem both did 8 night non-stop SOU to CL.  The fall 2021 Anthem 10 night has two stops (Cobh and St. John's, NB).

On 2/15/2021 at 6:24 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We have an end of May cruise booked and the final payment is due in a few days.  We doubt the ship will sail- but will probably pay.  If a lift and shift, we also have an August 2021 cruise booked and will move the payment to that cruise.  If that isn't a go- we will move to our Jan 2022 cruise.

Trying to be optimistic.  But as we have other cruises booked, have things to look forward to.   Next year, the cruise prices in most cases when we want to sail have gone up-over 125%.

I thought you could only L & S through April 2022.  Are you sure you can L & S into May 2022?

26 minutes ago, Bucket29 said:

The way I understand it is that you can sail a L&S by Sept 30, 2022 but you need to book it by April 2022.  That may only be for Alaska though.

Lift and shift is over except for sailings that Royal cancels.

what you are referring to are the dates that FCC’s have to be applied by and sailed by. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bucket29 said:

The way I understand it is that you can sail a L&S by Sept 30, 2022 but you need to book it by April 2022.  That may only be for Alaska though.

Those are the dates to use Future Cruise Credit.  The Lift & Shift program ended in January.  The only L&S options are happening if Royal cancels a cruise--then they send those affected an email letting them know if they have an option for L&S and as others have said, it has been a much more narrow set of rules that allow you to move to the exact same ship, same itinerary,  one year out within one week +/- of that original week.  

Edited by rockmom

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Those are the dates to use Future Cruise Credit.  The Lift & Shift program ended in January.  The only L&S options are happening if Royal cancels a cruise--then they send those affected an email letting them know if they have an option for L&S and as others have said, it has been a much more narrow set of rules that allow you to move to the exact same ship, same itinerary,  one year out within one week +/- of that original week.  

Oh geez- you guys are right.  I need to log off for the night.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rockmom said:

has been a much more narrow set of rules that allow you to move to the exact same ship, same itinerary,  one year out within one week +/- of that original week.  

The ship can vary.  In some instances it is a different ship doing the itinerary the following year.  All the offers so far have only been for one ship with the only choice being which week.  Even then there were some like TA’s where there was only one choice.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input but I'm still not convinced. Since RCL has not cancelled any May 2021 cruises at this point none have been L & S to May 2022 .... so I still stand by my original statement .... no more L & S after April 30, 2022.

6 hours ago, Empehi said:

Thanks for all the input but I'm still not convinced. Since RCL has not cancelled any May 2021 cruises at this point none have been L & S to May 2022 .... so I still stand by my original statement .... no more L & S after April 30, 2022.

Let’s see, I have already lifted and shifted cruise from July 2021 to July 2022.  Others have shifted Canada / NE cruises fell 2021 to fall of 2022.  I was on the TA webinar where Vicki Freed the SVP sales and trade support with Royal stated 5hat they would continue to offer lift and shifts for cancelled sailings going forward.  The FAQ’s have been updated to allow for a second lift and shift as long as it results from a Royal cancelled cruise, a fear that would not be possible If lift and shift ended.

You keeping your head buried in the sand does not mean that there is no more lift and shift.

• Like 3

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean.  Unbeknownst to me, Royal cancelled my June and August 2021 8-night cruises on Independence.  Was only offered change to another 7-night sailing or refund.  My request to shift price protected to 2022 was declined by Royal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean.  Unbeknownst to me, Royal cancelled my June and August 2021 8-night cruises on Independence.  Was only offered change to another 7-night sailing or refund.  My request to shift price protected to 2022 was declined by Royal.

Not sure why Royal decided to cancel yours.  I just checked and my clients 8 night sailings on the Indy in August are still valid.

I would ask that they be reinstated....that way when they are cancelled you may get an opportunity to lift and shift. 

• Like 1

I am booked on the anthem on 28th May and hoping this gets cancelled as I would like the 125% FCC

does anyone think I should change this to the start of May on like the jewel or something?

starting to think they might do cruises by end of May for Uk only guests 

or should I leave it the same

16 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

I am booked on the anthem on 28th May and hoping this gets cancelled as I would like the 125% FCC

does anyone think I should change this to the start of May on like the jewel or something?

starting to think they might do cruises by end of May for Uk only guests 

or should I leave it the same

Idk that early may or may 28th is going to make a difference. Often they cancel the whole month at once.

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk that early may or may 28th is going to make a difference. Often they cancel the whole month at once.

Just wasn’t sure if I should change to a cruise that isn’t in the UK though as I am starting to think for all the jabs going well in the Uk they might start  cruises on the anthem for uk guests only 

Checking if I'm understanding correctly, I have SOS booked for 10/21 that I'm cautiously optimistic will go. If I book a May SOS interior room I can cancel if I want and apply funds to 10/21 sailing or if RC cancels it I would get a 125%FCC to apply to my 10/21 sailing? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Amanda31 said:

Checking if I'm understanding correctly, I have SOS booked for 10/21 that I'm cautiously optimistic will go. If I book a May SOS interior room I can cancel if I want and apply funds to 10/21 sailing or if RC cancels it I would get a 125%FCC to apply to my 10/21 sailing? Thanks!

Yes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amanda31 said:

That's the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had been reluctant before as I had concerns over the financial viability of RC but with the plans for Odyssey of the Seas firmed up, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. 
Also, with the prices for 2022 in Europe, if I don’t ‘find’ a good deal it’s too expensive for us to justify.