Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

You can buy me that drink in June! 

Hello,

I L&S'ed my three May '21 to May '22 even though one of them wasn't an identical itinerary. Incidentally, my email from RCI announcing the May cancellation did not require identical itineraries in the blurb. I'm paying appx £100 in extra port fees and taxes for the three.

Next to go (one way or the other) will be 4th, 11th & 20th June '21. Should this year's June not sail, there is one sailing that has no similar departure in '22 and one is near enough like-for-like.  I've already booked the 14N Med in '22 so the 14N Med in '21 would have nowhere to go.

In a way I'm glad not everything I've booked this year is sailing as I was well on my way to becoming a tax exile!

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

You can buy me that drink in June! 

Look forward to it. 7 days at sea will do me. Just like a Ta.

I'll just be glad to get on a ship. 

I was looking for you doing a l&s to Voyager Iceland on Sept 4th 2021.

Good deal for l&s. A lot from Odyssey have done it

16 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Look forward to it. 7 days at sea will do me. Just like a Ta.

I'll just be glad to get on a ship. 

I was looking for you doing a l&s to Voyager Iceland on Sept 4th 2021.

Good deal for l&s. A lot from Odyssey have done it

No they wouldn’t let me l&s to Voyager because there was nothing left in my category. Personally I think it was the price difference as everyone who jumped on that got a bargain! Strangely I could move to a different cabin grade on Brilliance TA!! 

Am looking forward to finally meeting!!  🥂

Hello,

So if, as per the May cancellation email, RCI plans to resume sailing on 1st June, should we not expect to see lots of activity shoreside to get the ships ready? Not least, gallons of paint and non-perishable 'hotel services' & food stuffs being delivered?

Anyone here with a telescope focussed on the City Cruise Terminal at Southampton?

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

So if, as per the May cancellation email, RCI plans to resume sailing on 1st June, should we not expect to see lots of activity shoreside to get the ships ready? Not least, gallons of paint and non-perishable 'hotel services' & food stuffs being delivered?

Anyone here with a telescope focussed on the City Cruise Terminal at Southampton?

Regards,

Cublet

Jewel is hiding from the storm off the Cherbourg peninsular and Anthem is still hovering around off Bournemouth today.

Ben has another Coffee Morning chat next Friday. I'm expecting an update then.  He did say 12 weeks to get a ship ready.  Clock is ticking! 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Ben has another Coffee Morning chat next Friday. I'm expecting an update then.  He did say 12 weeks to get a ship ready.  Clock is ticking! 

I got an invite for that too, haven't signed up, but might be do as things are slowly opening up 

Guest BigRoger

Hi I was on the last coffee morning and ‘have a different recollection’... (topical at the moment!).... he actually said I believe that he though Anthem could get up and running in around 8 weeks given where it currently is and it’s state of readiness but other ships in the fleet may make up to 10-12 weeks... as always maybe we hear what we want to hear tho... 

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Hi I was on the last coffee morning and ‘have a different recollection’... (topical at the moment!).... he actually said I believe that he though Anthem could get up and running in around 8 weeks given where it currently is and it’s state of readiness but other ships in the fleet may make up to 10-12 weeks... as always maybe we hear what we want to hear tho... 

LOL.... yes “different recollection” is very apt!   Unlike Ginge and Cringe I am happy to be corrected if he said 8 weeks.... that sounds good for June sailings. 

Was booked on the Allure last summer - cancelled

Then I tried one of the short cruises on Odyssey in April - cancelled

MSC from Kiel in July - I am shifting this to next year as our relatives from America cannot come and I think there is a good chance it gets cancelled anyway.

Anthem in August - We are in the 40-50 group and reckon we will have had both vaccinations by then. If cruises are going from anywhere in Europe it will be the UK, but I don't know about the port stops. I decided this was our best chance of a cruise this summer. Made it as late as I could in the summer holidays. Fingers crossed.

Edited by alistairg

10 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

could this be a issue for me receiving the FCC

The FCC could be issued without you receiving any communications from RCI. Call to see if your FCC has been issued. You can also request a refund for your May sailing at the same time.

15 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

I still haven’t even received a email for my May cancelled cruise

could this be a issue for me receiving the FCC

FCC is the default option that everyone is automatically issued. To choose one of the other options you must specifically request that option either by phone or an on line link. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Portugal and Spain look set to allow Brits in from mid May...so Iberian peninsula itineraries sorted!

Would be nice if Anthem stayed for the winter and did some Canary Islands cruises. She's built for cold weather cruising 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Portugal and Spain look set to allow Brits in from mid May...so Iberian peninsula itineraries sorted!

Not unless Boris and Co. take Portugal off the red list. Which it shouldn't even be on. The reasoning behind red-listing Portugal is because of the country's close ties to Brazil, so fear of the Brazilian variant. Yet there have been more cases of that variant in the UK than in Portugal. Meanwhile the Kent variant has become the dominant one here. 😞

28 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Not unless Boris and Co. take Portugal off the red list. Which it shouldn't even be on. The reasoning behind red-listing Portugal is because of the country's close ties to Brazil, so fear of the Brazilian variant. Yet there have been more cases of that variant in the UK than in Portugal. Meanwhile the Kent variant has become the dominant one here. 😞

Yes, Portugal set to come off the naughty list soon. 

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yes, Portugal set to come off the naughty list soon. 

Really? That is excellent news! Very glad to hear it. I might get to visit my new great-nephew this summer after all! :)

On 3/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, little britain said:

LOL.... yes “different recollection” is very apt!   Unlike Ginge and Cringe I am happy to be corrected if he said 8 weeks.... that sounds good for June sailings. 

Hello,

Loved the expression 'Ginge and Cringe'. But on reflection, should it not be 'Ginge and Whinge'?

Regards,

Cublet

10 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Loved the expression 'Ginge and Cringe'. But on reflection, should it not be 'Ginge and Whinge'?

Regards,

Cublet

Cringe...Whinge.... I have a plethora of names for that woman ( most unprintable!!)

OTOH Joff said last night that UK cruises may be back sooner than we think...! 

29 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Joff?, someone in the know? Do tell more 

He did one of his online discos last night on a social site. Said news is good and may be back sooner than you think....that’s all! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1