The Daily for Tuesday Mar 02, 2021

richwmn

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily. The sun is very strong this morning, but it’s only in the 20s.

Never been to Scotland, but I’m sure it’s a great port. I have plenty of old stuff and today will be a good day to finish up or make another dent in my clothes closet since I have a charity coming next week for a pick up.
DH had his first shot yesterday at the VA yesterday and all went well. It was very organized .

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 18

I edited my last post and added a photo of me and my friend Sandy standing in the rain under the umbrellas with a friendly duck.  I'll include it here and I have a couple more photos representative of the afternoon tour of Loch Lomond and Luss.

enhance

The bus stopped at a scenic overlook called "Rest and Be Thankful".  I would have loved to see it when it wasn't raining and foggy!

enhance

A photo of Loch Lomond from inside the bus.  I hate photos from the bus but what could I do?enhance

The village of Luss was made up of narrow streets with stone cottages.enhance

I hope those roofs were sturdy and leakproof!

• Like 27

We docked at Greenock on the Seabourn Ovation in September, 2019. It was our last full day on board before leaving the ship the next morning in Dublin. The only notes I can find on the port are photos of a large group of bag pipers who came and first practiced on the dock right under our balcony and then later piped as we left port. 

We did, however, have some wonderful ports in both Scotland, Ireland and Wales on that cruise. 

Edited by arzz
  • Like 18

Good Morning Everyone.

Never been to Scotland but it is on THE LIST. 

My news today is that many people are testing positive that were at the funeral. They had really strict guidelines in place but we found out yesterday, a person not even a family member was positive ( knew they were) and came anyway.  So far, one family member is hospitalized and 9 others have tested positive. I spoke with my doctor and we are going this afternoon. I had had one vaccine.  We have no symptoms. This is just too unbelievable! I am pretty angry.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone.    So glad the spring countdown has begun.  I like the new ports addition.

I've been to Scotland several times including the port of Greenock.  Did not go to Glasgow but in 2011 took a Princess excursion through the lovely countryside to tour Inveraray Castle and met the Duke of Argyll, Chief of Clan Campbell , my heritage, who signed our souvenir books.  It was fun to see the castle appear in Downton Abbey in 2012 as Rose's Scottish family home they all visited on vacation.  They used many of the actual exteriors and interiors for that episode as well as the surrounding hills and loch.

Please stay safe and well.  

Thanks, Prayers, Cheers!

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone.

My news today is that many people are testing positive that were at the funeral. They had really strict guidelines in place but we found out yesterday, a person not even a family member was positive ( knew they were) and came anyway.  So far, one family member is hospitalized and 9 others have tested positive. I spoke with my doctor and we are going this afternoon. I had had one vaccine.  We have no symptoms. This is just too unbelievable! I am pretty angry.

That makes me angry and I'm not even a family member.  How could someone who was positive show up at a funeral so they could pass it on to everyone?  Were masks worn, and did people try to stay physically distanced?  This is not something a bereaved family should have to deal with.  I pray all of the positive family members are going to recover without a lot of health issues.  So many people aren't even having funerals due to Covid and it's been quite a burden on them.  🙏 for you all.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Oh I am so sorry. I cannot believe how irresponsible that person was.  I would think he would also be subject to public health sanctions for knowingly breaking quarantine!  Praying all recover or stay well!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That makes me angry and I'm not even a family member.  How could someone who was positive show up at a funeral so they could pass it on to everyone?  Were masks worn, and did people try to stay physically distanced?  This is not something a bereaved family should have to deal with.  I pray all of the positive family members are going to recover without a lot of health issues.  So many people aren't even having funerals due to Covid and it's been quite a burden on them.  🙏 for you all.

Everyone was wearing masks and distanced from each other. The only ones the funeral home allowed to stay were his wife, 3 sons and wives and 3 sisters ( me). Everyone else was let thru in groups of 10. No touching or hugging.  Had to keep moving. The Mass was limited to 100 people. All spread out. Our  kids ( adult) all went to my sisters home to wait for us and this person went there. It was only  for family, not sure why he was there. One of my nieces asked him to leave because he was coughing.  He texted one of them later to say he was positive!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Wow!  That is disgraceful.  Hope you managed to avoid that person.  What was he  thinking?  

We have had bad news here - or at least I hate to sound selfish, it's not bad news for everyone, I should get my first shot in April,  but, in order to give as many first shots to as many as possible they have decided to delay second shots for four months.  So I probably won't get my second until late July or even August.  I'm happy if that means that DD and DS will get theirs sooner, but I'm sad for myself... No cruising, and I do hope that it is a proper thing to do, delaying the booster. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all and thanks!  That wine sounds so good, Anne!  
Oh Jacqui,  so sorry you are still in the deep freeze!   We spent two solid weeks in the minus twenties, no fun!  Things are finally improving here!  Plus temperatures all week!

Rich, love the port idea!   We snorkelled with the rays,  even though I was very worried at Grand Cayman.   We love Scotland,   Have been twice as we have a family connection as well.   We loved the village of Pitlochry,  and the Castle of Blair Atholl,  where Victoria was filmed.   The Duke of Atholl has the only private army in the UK.   
image.thumb.jpeg.ecbc3a2ac18267023b4eba4ed3cf25c8.jpeg

• Like 25

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I'm happy that people rescue cats (none here). I love old stuff. We need more sportsmanship.

One of these days I'll make chicken and dumplings.

I've been to England several times, but never Scotland.

Our bald eagle nest now has 3 eggs! Hopefully all will hatch and survive.

@mamaofami Glad your DH got his shot.

@cunnorl That is so awful! Friends of mine tested positive some months ago because they were at a gathering outside, it rained and people went inside, and 2 young people who were positive and knew it said nothing. 😡 Hoping you are well and that your family recovers uneventfully.

@Vict0riann How can they delay that long? I know with Moderna the outside date for the 2nd shot is supposedly 42 days. It looks like mine will be a week late due to the prior weather issues and distributors mistakenly not holding 2nd doses in reserve, so ?35 days from my first. There is a push here to vaccinate teachers sooner and many of the 65+ are concerned as they are still having trouble getting their shots.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance and wear your mask. Cases are going up slightly, so we must not get complacent.

• Like 19

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss! 🍰

Thank You for the Daily and totally enjoyed visiting Greenock, Scotland with an hour train ride to Glasgow. We often go off on our own or with a group of Cruise Critics who are additionally adventurous.😎

@cunnorl...I'm saddened to hear the news about the spreading of Covid at the family funeral. 😔When I hear a person cough, I freak out. What a sad time that when someone even sneezes, it's alarming! 😵

Prayers🙏 to all who are in need. 

FB_IMG_1614701546660.jpg

• Like 18

46 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone.

That is just so sad on top of your devastating  loss. I will never understand  people.

• Like 12

Good morning and Happy Texas Independence Day!  It was 185 years ago today that Texas declared its independence from Mexico.   

We’ll pass on the meal suggestion as we had chicken and dumplings not long ago.  We had several rescue cats 🐈 over the years, but not since the DDs went to college and took their cats with them.  I agree someone needs to teach that team sportsmanship.

We have been to several places in Scotland, but not Greenock or Glasgow.  If you are interested in engineering or waterways, you can do the Falkirk Wheel from Edinburgh or Glasgow.  That is one place I would recommend a ship’s tour because you are guaranteed a seat on the boat using the wheel to transit from one canal to another.

DH just suggested we take a road trip to Palm Springs, so I better get organized.  It’s about two hours over there, and the good news is they are an hour behind us.  Not sure what we’ll do, but it’s been a couple of times since we were there.

Lenda

• Like 20

Good morning, all! Most of my cats have been rescue cats, although we’ve been without one for a long time now. Chicken and dumplings sound good, but I’ll hold off on them until the rain comes back in a few days. And I could be bribed into anything with the lure of Prime Rib. The quote hits home, highlighting the difference between living for tomorrow and planning for tomorrow. The wine sounds excellent, but then I’m very partial to Oregon Pinot Noirs. I’m looking forward to learning about Glasgow!

A year ago today the Amsterdam took us to Auckland, New Zealand for an overnight stay. David ate something that disagreed with him the night before, so our first day I caught the HOHO and toured on my own. 
277D9BEE-BD78-4BA6-8AAF-DD419EB6E848.thumb.jpeg.6a1fe99a516923a9e4ed82e8ec0e5eae.jpeg
Docking in Auckland in the dawn. It’s the first city lights we’ve seen since Chile!

62A8029E-3B7A-4F0A-89AA-C4D394D31B72.thumb.jpeg.e9f3780c10ad2b18869d269889ee540b.jpeg

English and Maori are both official languages here.

7323549B-0AFB-4149-AB73-1A09F5E4DFFD.thumb.jpeg.ac9f68604360fd0a0893945dfc8d384d.jpeg

The ferry terminal building beside the port.

CBD28CF1-6C5D-4F18-8646-186AA34B4E34.thumb.jpeg.c709649120e5e70f50d4296c3b139330.jpeg

The license plates here don’t say New Zealand. Probably because you can’t drive here from anywhere else, so why bother stating the obvious?

2062FF30-835F-4AD5-BD8B-685E2B5A5607.thumb.jpeg.c5acd872cc524d3705158ebbd1cb4caf.jpeg

The farthest point of the HOHO route. A few of us got off to hike to a famous lookout. The driver warned us to be back at the stop by 3:00, which was when the last bus of the day left that stop. It was already 3:15. We all got back on the bus. 

719E4A90-6904-4C28-8EF2-2565B403D28B.thumb.jpeg.5f1bb4f7bb14ab05bc42c309af43ca1c.jpeg

The maze at Holy Trinity Cathedral.

BC6CED35-7033-4FCA-8475-985021068EA3.thumb.jpeg.9695369c3e5832aed7be8b3193fede39.jpeg

The Auckland War Memorial.

CEAF6655-1FDF-4BF8-9F15-82C3887E08E7.thumb.jpeg.7b8bd871adf0ae5c2e48e142f5b0be0a.jpeg

The Amsterdam enjoying a night off in the city.

And of course, she wishes you Happy Tuesday!

6854B289-6742-43D0-AE61-E529B1840084.thumb.jpeg.2a00d42a4ec79c13b2a81db58483e7a2.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 26

@cunnorl I am outraged by that behavior!   Not only was it irresponsible and poor judgement, but really shows indifference and disrespect for others.  I can't believe anyone at this point would think they could go somewhere while they have the virus and not pass it on to someone else. I am so sorry this has happened to you.  

Our health is so interdependent on the health of others.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😜Trying to get rid off so much "stuff" in the garage....crazy how much a person collects!! Yes, we have old junk!🙃

Have a good day and stay safe. 😷

16147009701564040661007564518381.png

Could be valuable!   I heard a Wayne Gretzky hockey card went for a million!   Apparently people have time to collect right now! 

• Like 11

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

This is my second attempt at posting, the first one went poof. We used to have cats and I appreciate anyone who rescues animals. Rich, I’m sure Leo appreciates you. And, @cat shepard, that’s a lot of cats!  

We have way too much old stuff. I’ll pass on the meal suggestion but would love to have Roy’s. Prime rib is yummy. We have some lamb chops that need to be cooked and if I can talk DH into grilling them they will be tonight’s dinner. He has a recipe for a marinade with herbs and lemon zest that is perfect on the lamb. 

I’ve never been to Glasgow/Greenoch or Scotland for that matter. Would love to because it is DH heritage. Also would love to see the castle @tamsno mentioned. 

Have a great day everyone!!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 17