If You Could Change Just One Thing?

Lady Arwen

We all love the Princess product, but tell us about the one thing you would change about your cruise experience.  Food?  Cabins?  Service?  Decor?  You tell us!  Play nice, everyone, there are no wrong opinions.

I’ll go first.  Please, Princess, get rid of the plastic shower curtains and install glass doors, instead.  Thank you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I take longer cruises and would do jigsaw puzzles on sea days, finding space where one stays set up, is not happening on newer ships.

On my transatlantic cruises, I run into people from previous cruises and usually doing puzzles! 🙂 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK if this is the ONE thing, but I'd like to see them provide more real shade in the Sanctuaries of the Royal class ships.

We don’t use the Sanctuary for exactly this reason

5 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

I take longer cruises and would do jigsaw puzzles on sea days, finding space where one stays set up, is not happening on newer ships.

On my transatlantic cruises, I run into people from previous cruises and usually doing puzzles! 🙂 

Where are the card rooms where you could spend hours with puzzles and board games?  Gone?

• Like 1

Bring back the good eucalyptus lotion thumbnail 2 - 6-Lotus-Spa-Princess-Cruises-Eucalyptus-Shampoo-Conditioner-Lotion-2-Each-HTF-wand decent shampoo and conditioner.  Get rid of the square wall mounted hair dryer and get the newer ones used on the newer ships.   Install lamps with plugs/usb ports.  Get rid of the heavy comforter and bring back top sheets and blankets (I know you can request the comforter be removed and a top sheet and blanket put on but we have found more and more they are not always available) 

• Like 9

Agree with many, but I do realize the financial burden facing them. I expect fares to increase & stricter cancellation penalties. Will be reading the fine print more carefully now. 
I did love that lotion 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Remove towels reserving deck chairs on pool deck after half an hour or so.  Sick and tired of going to breakfast and seeing every deck chair reserved with no on in them and a couple of people in the pool.

So true!! All they need to do is have a "towel patrol". Walk around every hour and pick up unused towels and other paraphernalia (paperback books, flip flops, hats, etc.)...put the junk in a Lost & Found box on the pool deck.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Agree with many of these suggestions:

More shade around the pools. Eliminate those net awnings, they are useless for shade. It's as if Princess hasn't heard of skin cancer.

Card rooms

The new bedding does have top sheets. I always get tangled in that sheet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, norcalcruzr said:

I would like to see the dining room open for lunch on shore days.

I think with the new safety protocols we’ll see in the near future, you may get your wish.  Probably,  dining in general will be quite different than what we’re used to.

Stop requiring room linked Drink package and specials being required of all people in a cabin. It can be done on an individual basis.

Enforce no seat saving in the theaters.

Put the so called formal night to rest and call it something else that is not connected to a " dress request".  

Enforce standards in the dining rooms for the evening meals.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Stop requiring room linked Drink package and specials being required of all people in a cabin. It can be done on an individual basis.

Enforce no seat saving in the theaters.

Put the so called formal night to rest and call it something else that is not connected to a " dress request".  

Enforce standards in the dining rooms for the evening meals.

Agree with all of your ideas, especially the seat saving in the theatre.

Offer "Specials of the Day" in the specialty restaurants.  I know that every couple of years they swap out one or two menu items in Crown Grill, but, otherwise, the menus are pretty static.   Another of the reasons that we enjoy SHARE is that the menu is regularly revamped.  I have seen Alaska-themed specials in Crown Grill on AK cruises and one time in Sabbatini's, I was offered Osso Bucco (it was terrific). but that has been it.

I know that this is a pretty trivial complaint.  I guess that speaks to my overall satisifaction with the Princess product.

• Like 3