Premier Drink Ordering

W283386

I have been told that you should upgrade the Premium Package in the bar that you intend to spend most of your drinking time. The bar tender will enjoy the benefit of this and will look after you going forward. More informed people maybe able to comment on this.

My wife is fussy about wine & gin. He breakfast is a healthy smoothie in the Spa Cafe. She also has the odd Red Bull and drinks copious sparkling water. The premium package is a good spend for her. I could get by on the Classic package.

I never tip in bars or coffee houses in the UK. I do when in countries that demand it such as the states and on cruises. I plan to tip the Sommelier in Blue in advance on my next cruise as service was slow last time (and she did not get a tip at the end of the cruise unlike the waiters).

The premium package will also get you the martinis at the martini bar that cost $14-$15. We have the Premium package for our Infinity cruise in September. My TA got us upgraded to Premium for no extra cost when we book our AQ class cabin.

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

I saw your reply the first time no need for repetition!

38 minutes ago, Manchester is blue said:

I was not replying to you in this instance. Please stop bugging me, you are becoming an irritant.

Am guessing Emma's gran is just being herself. Rude.  I put her on ignore long ago 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless you order a drink from a menu that is made with premium they will use well.

If you want a premium liquor ask for it and I don’t agree that premium shouldn’t be used in a cocktail.  The liquor does  change the taste.   Just do a taste test.  

Some drinks like a Margarita tastes better with the  cheaper stuff as it give it more of a bite.   If you use premium tequila it gets lost in the mix.   Learned that while staying at a resort in Mexico 

i ordered a drink in Cafe Al Bacio that listed Woodford as the liquor.  The person making the drink used Ten High and I said it is supposed to be Woodford.  He tried to tell me that Ten High was better.   Problem was he ran out of Woodford and didn’t want to get another bottle from the back.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

You will pay the difference plus the 20% gratuity. 🍷

Which is rather irksome.  Celebrity is saying "always included" tips etc, which they are not if they are going to continue to add gratuity to each beverage, though I guess they define tip and gratuity in their on manner.

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Which is rather irksome.  Celebrity is saying "always included" tips etc, which they are not if they are going to continue to add gratuity to each beverage, though I guess they define tip and gratuity in their on manner.

They aren't adding the gratuity to each dink. The gratuity is already covered within the BP of your choice. The only time they add the additional gratuity is if you purchase a drink not covered by the CBP or PBP. Then you pay for the increase of the drink and the gratuity.  It's always been that way. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

I was not replying to you in this instance. Please stop bugging me, you are becoming an irritant.

There really is no need to now go to MSC board to post arguing with a comment I made there!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Your head will tell you a different story the next morning, NEVER drink cheap booze.  🙂

While I rarely agree with your posts when you're right you're right. 

I would second using the World Class Bar if available.

I have often wondered how much instruction you can give the bartender?  Suppose you want a margarita with Don Julio, Cointreau, agave, and fresh squeezed limes (please no mixes)?  Is that a valid request?

37 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I would second using the World Class Bar if available.

I have often wondered how much instruction you can give the bartender?  Suppose you want a margarita with Don Julio, Cointreau, agave, and fresh squeezed limes (please no mixes)?  Is that a valid request?

We have not had a problem getting a margarita as you described but we have never made it our request on the first time to a busy bar.  We often go to the Sunset Bar about 4:30 ( before the CC happy hour rush) and order that margarita ( or 2) then if we return during a. busy time they know what we want.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, gone2c said:

Is there any place that lists the liquors in the classic and premium packages?  I'm debating.

I think what you are looking for is here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/always-included-beverage-package-flyer.pdf

Celebrity also has an article about the drink packages that is either new or recently updated:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-drink-packages

Cheers!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Longboysfan said:

Do they have a premium Pino?

Included wines by the glass in drink packages changes by ship and itinerary. I remember that there is usually a good Pino in the $15 and under pricing by the glass. There is a much better selection of all wines by the glass in the premium vs the classic drink packages. We always upgrade from the classic to the premium for the better wines and martini's in the martini bar. For the extra $12pp per day it only takes one glass of wine or two to pay for the upgrade. Our TA got us the "Elevate" upgrade for our Infinity cruise in September that includes the premium drinks for no extra cost to us.

• Like 1

One of my favorite go to rums is Ron Zacapa 23.  This is covered by the PBP.  I have paid the difference a couple of times for speciality drinks at The World Class Bar for Ron Zacapa XO but when I find a bar with Zacapa 23, I usually keep going back.  

Our last cruise on Equinox the bartender in Michael’s Club went and got a bottle of Zacapa from another bar just for me.  Needless to say he received a nice tip. 

• Like 2