Broadway show on Oasis

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What was the show back in 2009 when the Oasis debuted?  And would it not have made sense to update the show when the Oasis came out of Amplification, or does one of the muckity mucks have a soft spot for Cats?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Off topic, but I just noticed your signature and is your March 2023 Oasis cruise on the school break (on the 12th)?  We are double booked with Oasis being one of them (it all depends on what happens next year but the ideal plan is Anthem 2022 and Oasis 2023).

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

What was the show back in 2009 when the Oasis debuted?  And would it not have made sense to update the show when the Oasis came out of Amplification, or does one of the muckity mucks have a soft spot for Cats?

They scaled Cats back from 2 1/2 hours to 1 1/2 hours...much better reviews.

It was Hairspray originally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Off topic, but I just noticed your signature and is your March 2023 Oasis cruise on the school break (on the 12th)?  We are double booked with Oasis being one of them (it all depends on what happens next year but the ideal plan is Anthem 2022 and Oasis 2023).

Yep, all booked and deposited.  Big group cruise with John & LaLa.

I also booked the 5 night mariner Jan 2 to 7 2023 Still out for school break and decent prices

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, all booked and deposited.  Big group cruise with John & LaLa.

I also booked the 5 night mariner Jan 2 to 7 2023 Still out for school break and decent prices

Nice 🙂  

Mariner is nice too, and would be great for a end of year holiday.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yes the 2 previous times I did oasis when it was new I saw hairspray both times. It was pretty good but i like all musicals. 

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

would it not have made sense to update the show when the Oasis came out of Amplification

From what I understand, they DID intend to replace Cats with a new production but there was apparently a contractual requirement to continue Cats on Oasis.