I see your May and raise you June

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On the day Royal cancels May sailings Princess announced the cancellation of June sailings.

Very surprised that Royal didn’t cancel both May and June. 

Royal asked for 2 cards from the dealer, will probably hold

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I received an email requesting final payment on my 5/22/21 Princess sailing two hours before the cancellation 🙄. No, I didn’t  pay it!  I knew this was coming and booked the same cruise for July a few weeks ago - attempt number four for this particular cruise.  So now my first booked cruise is the Mariner in June.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On the day Royal cancels May sailings Princess announced the cancellation of June sailings.

Very surprised that Royal didn’t cancel both May and June. 

Holland America also announced cancellations for Europe 

D65D5AE8-F283-434C-A7DE-F34B9F475FCE.jpeg

• Like 1

IMO i don't see them cancelling 2 months at a time as everything covid is starting to improve.    Cases down in the US, vaccine supplies are being ramped up and more people will be vaccinating and starting next phases/groups of people soon.     

The major road block with the cruise lines is of course the CDC but it is also the caribbean islands as they are having a slower start at vaccinating than us.

Yes, there is always the Bahamas and the different islands cruise lines own/lease but they too want to make sure their residents are vaccinated and safe.   

We are getting closer I can feel it -- maybe July sailings - August / September I feel much more confident we will be sailing.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The major road block with the cruise lines is of course the CDC but it is also the caribbean islands as they are having a slower start at vaccinating than us.

As long as you have one island open (and Coco Cay and Cozumel are ready to go), that won't stop cruises from starting. 

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO i don't see them cancelling 2 months at a time as everything covid is starting to improve.    Cases down in the US, vaccine supplies are being ramped up and more people will be vaccinating and starting next phases/groups of people soon.     

Yes, there is always the Bahamas and the different islands cruise lines own/lease but they too want to make sure their residents are vaccinated and safe.   

We are getting closer I can feel it -- maybe July sailings - August / September I feel much more confident we will be sailing.

So do you see the glass half full or half empty? or do you just have rose colored glasses?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

So do you see the glass half full or half empty? or do you just have rose colored glasses?

My Nana always taught us grandchildren to be very positive people.   It's in my blood.    It has worked for me many times in life.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I received an email requesting final payment on my 5/22/21 Princess sailing two hours before the cancellation 🙄. No, I didn’t  pay it!  I knew this was coming and booked the same cruise for July a few weeks ago - attempt number four for this particular cruise.  So now my first booked cruise is the Mariner in June.

We have Mariner in June, maybe😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We have Mariner in June, maybe😉

It is the right length, leaving from the right port, and going to the right island.  Maybe this will be one of the first cruises that actually sail.  And maybe not 😢

• Like 2

Right now, it's almost a 50/50 shot if cruises will happen at all this summer.  However, I do believe there's a greater chance of cruises happening later this year (as in September and beyond) .  The availability of vaccines are probably playing a huge part in the delay, and as the summer goes on, more people will be able to receive the vaccines.  This is crucial in returning to normal.

I do believe that the cruise industry will be of top priority to bring back once things get back to normal.  It's a multi-billion dollar industry.  Not only are the cruise lines losing money, but the government is losing revenue by delaying cruises.  Every time we go into port, we pay fees that go to the government.  Plus, you have those that work for the cruise company (even the Big Wigs) that will be pushing for the industry to come back.  Finally, every time we cruise, we're supporting the local economy every time we buy souvenirs or take a shore excursion.  

• Like 1

I'm going to be thinking positive, and hope this is the end of the cancelations.  June will sail.

OTOH, I was a Scout, so maybe I should be prepared.  I have a B2B on the Brilliance booked in June.  I intend to make final payment, it's due this month.  If it is canceled, I'm looking for suggestions for a L&S.  Prices seem to be higher, and I have a Owners Suite.  I'd like to protect that price.  

The floor is open for suggestions.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

As long as you have one island open (and Coco Cay and Cozumel are ready to go), that won't stop cruises from starting. 

I read cozumel started vaccinating their high risk residents end of february.  They have astra zeneca india 1 shot vaccine.  With so many different vaccines being used around the world it will be interesting to see if they all work.

• Like 1