waffles on the Edge

39 minutes ago, Flipflopsnfrozendrinks said:

Hi,

I may be dating myself, but I remember the most amazing fresh waffles on the Constellation and Millennium.  Any chance they are to be found on the Edge?  Kim

18 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, there are waffles on The Edge....

I am so pleased about that.   😎

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Texed said:

I am so pleased about that.   😎

To our resident waffle tester - Yes and I was promised that for the next sailing on The Edge I make, they will offer me vegan waffles!! Hoooray!

bon appetite & bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

To our resident waffle tester - Yes and I was promised that for the next sailing on The Edge I make, they will offer me vegan waffles!! Hoooray!

bon appetite & bon voyage

There's a person in the middle of the waffle station pod that's making the waffles continuously and then puts them out. They are the deep pocket swedish waffles. I generally try to watch the waffle maker and take the fresh ones right when he puts them out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I like waffles.  

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

not currently available

They are available at our house.   Jacquie has Celebrity's original recipe, and a Waring Pro waffle maker.  😁

• Like 1

I love to stay at what is called limited service hotel chains that offer complimentary breakfast and a make your own waffle station(Pre-covid)(Almost ALWAYS Golden Malted Company). A personally like my waffles on well done, meaning they are nice and Brown and crispy. The automatic timers aren't long enough to produce that kind of waffle, so I always leave it exactly 60 seconds after the beeper on the waffle iron sounds. It always comes out perfectly brown and crispy. The last hint is ALWAYS spray that Waffle Iron Conditioner Spray PRIOR to pouring in the batter. It prevents  the waffle from sticking. 

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I love to stay at what is called limited service hotel chains that offer complimentary breakfast and a make your own waffle station(Pre-covid)(Almost ALWAYS Golden Malted Company). A personally like my waffles on well done, meaning they are nice and Brown and crispy. The automatic timers aren't long enough to produce that kind of waffle, so I always leave it exactly 60 seconds after the beeper on the waffle iron sounds. It always comes out perfectly brown and crispy. The last hint is ALWAYS spray that Waffle Iron Conditioner Spray PRIOR to pouring in the batter. It prevents  the waffle from sticking. 

So you're the person holding up the waffle line.  🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Thanks for the tips!

22 hours ago, kwokpot said:

What was really fun was watching the people who did not spray the waffle maker, or know to turn it to start the timer.

Absolutely agree on cooking a bit longer.  At home add a bit of sour cream and cinnamon.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TMaine said:

I hope they are on Apex as well!  I loved the waffle stations on the M and C class ships! 

No, they won’t be available on Apex per CDC and PVSA rules. 

12 hours ago, BEAV said:

No, they won’t be available on Apex per CDC and PVSA rules. 

I knew it.  Even a waffle thread turns into a Covid 19 thread.  🙄

Maybe we can have a group study on waffles.  😄

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Texed said:

I knew it.  Even a waffle thread turns into a Covid 19 thread.  🙄

Maybe we can have a group study on waffles.  😄

I think I ate toaster waffles after I came  home from getting my COVID vaccine shot.  Can we draw any conclusions from that??  Or maybe I just like waffles.😀

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I think I ate toaster waffles after I came  home from getting my COVID vaccine shot.  Can we draw any conclusions from that??  Or maybe I just like waffles.😀

Settling for a toaster waffle is just proof you really need an =X= fix! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I guess we could conclude that the shot didn't make you crazy and change your appetite.  😁

• Haha 2

Found this searching online:

Celebrity Cruises' Xtremely Delicious Belgian Waffles

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup buttermilk

1/4 cup milk

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 egg yolk

1 egg white

1 tablespoon white sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Preheat your waffle iron.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

3. Combine the milk, buttermilk and oil in a measuring cup. Whisk in the egg yolk with a fork, and set aside.

4. In a small bowl, beat egg white with an electric mixer until almost soft peaks. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar, while continuing to whip until thick and glossy. Stir in vanilla.

5. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, and whisk just until blended. Fold in the egg white mixture using a spatula.

6. Pour batter onto the hot waffle iron in the recommended amount for your iron. Close the iron, and cook until golden brown, usually when steam stops coming out of the iron.

7. Keep finished waffles in the warm oven directly on the rack. Do not stack, or they will become soggy.

• Like 2