My Time dining not offered?

I just booked the Radiance of the Seas Dec 24, 2021 cruise and My Time dining is not even offered on this cruise. Only traditional 5:30pm or 8pm. 

Why would My Time not even be an option at all? Like not even able to waitlist for it. 

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Very odd. Did you book online? TA? On the phone with Royal?  
How were you made aware it’s not an option?  

Through TA, but if you do a mock booking you can see it’s not even an option. 

2 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Through TA, but if you do a mock booking you can see it’s not even an option. 

It is possible that the maximum number of passengers have already signed up for My Time Dining.  SOME people have to be in traditional dining.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

It is possible that the maximum number of passengers have already signed up for My Time Dining.  SOME people have to be in traditional dining.

That's what I was thinking that with covid, more people than before are signing up for anytime ... me too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's what I was thinking that with covid, more people than before are signing up for anytime ... me too.

With reduced passenger capacity goes reduced number of tables to maintain distance between diners.

They have to work that out so random seating times would not work.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Social distancing and table placement.

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Don't think it is because of social distancing. My Time dining is still available on other Radiance sailings.

Yes it is likely that the maximum capacity for My Time dining is already reached.

• Like 1

Booked this same cruise several weeks ago via Royal.  Sales person put us on a wait list. Said My Time was already full.  Guess lots of folks think we will be sailing by then.  I am hopeful but starting to become doubtful.  

• Like 1

It should show a waitlist option for My Time if it’s even offered. But that is not the case here, there is no indicator that My Time is fully booked or option to waitlist for it. 

I guess I will ask once onboard. 5:30 is just way too early for dinner and 8pm is too late for me. 

1 hour ago, SkierRobUMN said:

It should show a waitlist option for My Time if it’s even offered. But that is not the case here, there is no indicator that My Time is fully booked or option to waitlist for it.  

They also have a limit for waitlist. Once the waitlist capacity is also reached, then the status will become "closed".

i.e. Available > Waitlist > Closed

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

They also have a limit for waitlist. Once the waitlist capacity is also reached, then the status will become "closed".

i.e. Available > Waitlist > Closed

And it's a Holiday Sailing. Packed ships, Busy Busy... OP,  just keep checking. Have TA keep on them every so often

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

just keep checking. Have TA keep on them every so often

Yes this is the only way. Just keep checking. When some other bookings cancel (especially near to the final payment deadline), the availability status may change back to "waitlist" again, then your booking can be put on the queue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes this is the only way. Just keep checking. When some other bookings cancel (especially near to the final payment deadline), the availability status may change back to "waitlist" again, then your booking can be put on the queue.

Agree, 30+ yrs only once did not get my requested Seating/Table by Sail Date. Know it's some Luck, but with a small group 1-5 all but once when had 7 of us easier then some to seat

12 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I guess I will ask once onboard. 5:30 is just way too early for dinner and 8pm is too late for me. 

So how did you cope before my time ?

• Like 2

I had the same experience with my December 24, 2021 Brilliance sailing. My TA was forced to select a traditional time in order to complete the booking. On prior sailings around this time, he's always been able to enter the My Time option.

He had assumed that My Time was already full, or it was not offered at all. But I pursued the matter with Crown & Anchor. My Time is still always offered, nothing different. In our case, we are now on a Waitlist for My Time. (I'll keep checking.)

Ironic that this would be occurring on the Christmas cruises. (My cruise isn't booked out as yet.) However, I suspect that they're still unsure of how they'll manage seating. We'll have to be patient.

9 hours ago, Hogbay said:

So how did you cope before my time ?

I think almost all my cruises I have been on since about 2007 have had some form of my time. The Hawaii cruise in 2006 didn’t have it and that was awful because we had late seating at 8:30pm and were seated at a table who loved very leisurely dinners so we usually didn’t finish until almost 10:30pm. Couple that with the constant time changes and it made for some exhausting dinners. 

I think it should all be anytime dining. With social distancing how can you have strangers for tablemates?  Families and groups traveling together can share a table but I bet there will be a lot of tables for two in traditional dining.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I think almost all my cruises I have been on since about 2007 have had some form of my time. The Hawaii cruise in 2006 didn’t have it and that was awful because we had late seating at 8:30pm and were seated at a table who loved very leisurely dinners so we usually didn’t finish until almost 10:30pm. Couple that with the constant time changes and it made for some exhausting dinners. 

Well just take the first  sitting, if they are time adjusting. Just go with the flow ... you do not want The sunrise at 4 am as not at 10 am .🙂

7 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

If everyone on the cruise is vaccinated, you won’t need to worry about those people.

Perhaps but the cruise lines may still have to follow social distance protocol among other things.

• Like 1

I was surprised when I booked last month the Anthem for a Christmas Cruise starting 12/24/21 and was able to get My Time Dining AND link 3 other cabins for a total of 9 people dining together. I was able to schedule 7:00PM every night. For us that's the PERFECT Dining hour, not early, not late.