Azamara British Isle July 2022 pricing

clojacks

My wife and I are researching a back to back of Norway and the British Isles for summer of 2022. We have never sailed Azamara but decided for this trip, we would include Azamara, Oceania, and Viking in our search as we have always wanted to try them, fully realizing the price, and also the experience, were going to be quite different from what we experience when booking our usual Celebrity cruises. I expected the prices to be much higher in a traditional balcony cabin, and they really weren't what we would rule out, EXCEPT for the British Isle component. It was substantially more than the Norwegian leg and substantially more than the other premium/luxury lines pricing for the British Isles of similar, roughly, length. Am I missing something? Is this normal? Is there something unusual about that legs pricing that someone else might explain? We are also looking at Princess and Holland, which we fully know will be less expensive, but we aren't doing this on a "lowest bid" procedure.

I  will be looking forward to your decision.  We had that same itinerary B2B booked on Silhouette Aug/Sept this year.  The Norway cruise has been cancelled and we are waiting to see what happens to the Ireland/Iceland one.  We have never sailed Azamara either but we have a 40 day B2B (Asia/Spice route) booked for 2022.  Can't wait for this. 

I wonder if they might have a sale soon as the current one ended yesterday.  You might pick up a better deal.

44 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I wonder if they might have a sale soon as the current one ended yesterday.  You might pick up a better deal.

There is a new sale starting April 1:  60% off the second passenger in a cabin/suite.  This is approximately the same as yesterday's 30% off both passengers deal [my cruise prices out about $1 higher] – but is no good for single travelers.  [The list price on my cruise stayed the same.]

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

My wife and I are researching a back to back of Norway and the British Isles for summer of 2022. We have never sailed Azamara but decided for this trip, we would include Azamara, Oceania, and Viking in our search as we have always wanted to try them, fully realizing the price, and also the experience, were going to be quite different from what we experience when booking our usual Celebrity cruises. I expected the prices to be much higher in a traditional balcony cabin, and they really weren't what we would rule out, EXCEPT for the British Isle component. It was substantially more than the Norwegian leg and substantially more than the other premium/luxury lines pricing for the British Isles of similar, roughly, length. Am I missing something? Is this normal? Is there something unusual about that legs pricing that someone else might explain? We are also looking at Princess and Holland, which we fully know will be less expensive, but we aren't doing this on a "lowest bid" procedure.

This cruise coincides with the 150th Open Golf at St Andrew’s Scotland from the 14-17 July.  The Quest will be docked overnight at both Leith and Dundee to enable guests to attend the competition.  I suspect this is the reason for the premium pricing.

Regards

• Like 3

20 hours ago, royallondon said:

This cruise coincides with the 150th Open Golf at St Andrew’s Scotland from the 14-17 July.  The Quest will be docked overnight at both Leith and Dundee to enable guests to attend the competition.  I suspect this is the reason for the premium pricing.

Regards

I guess that explains the increase a bit, but Holy cow, it is significantly more than their other British Isle/Ireland/Scotland like 12 to 14 day cruises.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

There is a new sale starting April 1:  60% off the second passenger in a cabin/suite.  This is approximately the same as yesterday's 30% off both passengers deal [my cruise prices out about $1 higher] – but is no good for single travelers.  [The list price on my cruise stayed the same.]

No sale in UK today just extortionate prices. Hopefully, AZUK may catch up after this holiday weekend.

Just reviewed uk pricing v U.S. pricing for a cruise I`d researched on Azamara website. No current 60% off second guest.

Today 2nd April. Category V2 US price $8127 =£5877. UK price £8578 = $11865

Here's hoping they have a similar offer in UK soon.

5 hours ago, govanguy said:

Just reviewed uk pricing v U.S. pricing for a cruise I`d researched on Azamara website. No current 60% off second guest.

Today 2nd April. Category V2 US price $8127 =£5877. UK price £8578 = $11865

Here's hoping they have a similar offer in UK soon.

Is it not possible for you to book through a US based company?

It seems to be coming up at c£7500 per person this morning.  I suspect there is a “sale” coming along and of course in the UK we can’t have non genuine sale offers, the item has to have been sold at a higher price at some recent point to comply with consumer legislation.  So the message for UK guests may well be dont book now given there is an offer running in the USA.  Maybe our sale will start tomorrow or later. Yes you can book in the USA but you take the risk that sterling might be in a bad place at final payment 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, uktog said:

It seems to be coming up at c£7500 per person this morning.  I suspect there is a “sale” coming along and of course in the UK we can’t have non genuine sale offers, the item has to have been sold at a higher price at some recent point to comply with consumer legislation.  So the message for UK guests may well be dont book now given there is an offer running in the USA.  Maybe our sale will start tomorrow or later. Yes you can book in the USA but you take the risk that sterling might be in a bad place at final payment 

We deal with that all the time with our Cdn $.  You probably know that the current US sale is 60% off the second passenger.  Not quite as good as up to 40% (we got 30%) and $500 OBC.

My husband and I have been on two Azamara British Isles/Irish Seas/Open Championship cruises with Perry Golf (2016 and 2019) and yes, they are usually more expensive but the 2022 prices are ridiculous right now and we would never pay those kind of rates. Yes, St. Andrews is probably also a contributing factor but it’s a much better option to find a cruise where you can visit St. Andrews for a few days either pre or post cruise and when The Open is not occurring as it will be too crowded to really enjoy St. Andrews. However, the pandemic is a contributing factor to 2022 prices and there will be upward price pressure based on numbers of people with credits to burn AND the pent-up demand. That being said, I’ll be surprised if the Veranda category on that cruise doesn’t come down as it gets closer because $1,500 a night for a basic Veranda is exorbitant and not worth it in our opinion (and we love that cruise and love AZ).

• Like 3

On 4/1/2021 at 10:07 PM, royallondon said:

Regards

On our previous 'Round Britain' cruise on Quest, we became aware that the port charges of UK ports are very expensive, and so this also adds to the higher cost of a British cruise.

Oddly enough I went looking yesterday for a cruise on Azamara around the British Isles as I would like to see many of the smaller ports that the big ships can't get to.  All i could find was the Perry Golf cruise and even though i have nothing against golf, it would be wasted on us and I am sure there is a premium in there.

Does Azamara traditionally have other British Isles Cruises?  Was i maybe just not looking in the right place?

On 4/6/2021 at 12:39 AM, Lynda S said:

Does Azamara traditionally have other British Isles Cruises?  Was i maybe just not looking in the right place?

I keep wondering if Azamara will do a few ‘Round Britain’ cruises in summer 2021, as all 3 ships are in Glasgow.

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I keep wondering if Azamara will do a few ‘Round Britain’ cruises in summer 2021, as all 3 ships are in Glasgow.

Both Pursuit and Journey are in cold layup so I think it unlikely they would do them. Quest could be ready. Perhaps a couple of test cruises?  Hard to say at this time what plans would work. My own view is that the start up of the ships is going to take a while to happen. They will want to be sure and get it right when they do. 

Phil 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Both Pursuit and Journey are in cold layup so I think it unlikely they would do them. Quest could be ready. Perhaps a couple of test cruises?  Hard to say at this time what plans would work. My own view is that the start up of the ships is going to take a while to happen. They will want to be sure and get it right when they do. 

Phil 

If I remember rightly last year Captain Carl posted pictures showing Journey & Pursuit being cabled to Quest to provide power for vital services during the cold layup. So it may not be that easy to get Quest sailing without getting the other two independent.

Adding the Philippines to the UK’s red list won’t have helped getting any of the ships ready to sail again. I’m in the camp of banking the gains we have made during the lockdown / vaccine rollout and not being too hasty in reinstating international travel. 

• Like 5

I believe Milen the chief engineer who did all that cabling up is back onboard. So possibly preparing for a partial separation. But I agree the Philippines issue is a big challenge.  

In time we will hit the ships with a big grin, for now our garden and house continues to be the beneficiary. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Put me down for a test cruise. Fully vaccinated and ready to go👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ya never know. I might see you there Vicki!👍. Hope you and Charlie are doing well. 

Phil 

I really hope so Phil. We are well thanks. Very busy at the moment vaccinating most days, hard work this coming out of retirement! 
Vicki x

• Like 1