DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

40 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The supporting link you cited has a definite political, not scientific, bias.  This is what leads to unscientific conspiracy theories.

Hahaha, this is funny. Every news site and/or government entity has a political bias.  EPA yup, military yup. Example, allowing transgender in the military banned under a Republican, granted under a Democrat. There are no pure numbers about this virus out there.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It is true that, in many cases, COVID deaths have been under reported but I doubt you will accept that fact.

In any case, why is this so very important to you?

I think that we need to have a "truthful" discussion....THAT is important to me. All the false narratives, from both sides, have cast aspersions upon everyone's claims. Masks, no masks, double masks, vaccinations, quarantines, lockdowns, I suspect that the "truth" is somewhere in the middle...and that is where we should be. Not on the far side of either political party.

Why is this so very important to me......truth. I'm a "big girl wearing the big girl panties". Tell me the truth and I will adapt. The problem is that no one will admit to "the truth".

I don't understand why facts cannot be presented and people are allowed to make yo their minds based upon facts. Why do we have to be spoon fed our opinion?

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Nope,  posting things like the supporting link is how information gets out when others (the CDC for example) would like to have it covered up.

When internet sites are allowed to "censor" certain points of view, we have to think they they are "biased".

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Tell me the truth and I will adapt. The problem is that no one will admit to "the truth".

I'll admit what my source of truth is on these issues -- actual research, published in peer reviewed journals.  Research done by people whose lives have been devoted to it, and whose reputations for scientific accuracy is on the line.

Some on the CC boards promote fantasies about a giant conspiracy among scientists, without evidence.  That is their right.  I just hope they never, ever convince anyone.

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

I'll admit what my source of truth is on these issues -- actual research, published in peer reviewed journals.  Research done by people whose life has been devoted to it, and whose reputations for scientific accuracy is on the line.

Some on the CC boards promote fantasies about a giant conspiracy among scientists, without evidence.  That is their right.  I just hope they never, ever convince anyone.

I applaud your efforts. You and I might not always see eye to eye on everything, but when we meet, the first drink is on me and we will have a lovely time....and will always be friends!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

It is true that, in many cases, COVID deaths have been under reported but I doubt you will accept that fact.

It's pretty simple why.  There is this incessant need by some to minimize the deaths caused by COVID in any manner that they can.  To dispute the facts in order to preserve their political agenda.  To support a particular attitude towards the virus and the way it has "interfered" in their lives.  That is why there was such hysteria when the CDC put out their data that "only" 6% of those who died did so of COVID alone, and that 94% of those who died did so with added causes of death.  "SEE" they all said.  It's all a lie.  A damned lie!  Because to admit that the pandemic did in fact cause such death and destruction leaves them free to believe that it all really didn't matter that much.  No big deal.  COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID cried someone who shall remain nameless.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

They know the cause of death, but list Covid on the death certificate if you test positive. This is one reason why the numbers are flawed. 

Being Covid positive is NOT a death sentence. 

Sorry, but must disagree. Being Covid positive is most certainly a death sentence for many but not all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Because to admit that the pandemic did in fact cause such death and destruction leaves them free to believe that it all really didn't matter that much. 

Perhaps you meant 'Because to refuse to admit..."?   Assuming that, I think this is at the very least a reasonable hypothesis. 

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes

On 4/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, harkinmr said:My mother died of COVID.  She lived in a congregate elder care center in Florida and never left there.  A staff member brought COVID into the facility and sickened 40 out of 80 patients, numerous of which passed away, including my mother who suffered terribly.  I don't know whether that staff person was intentionally negligent, but that person suffered no consequences for their actions/inactions.  But I still hold them and the facility she was in responsible for her death.  My opinion.  It is not a slippery slope when it comes to common sense and decency.....

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother.

9 hours ago, Joebucks said:

.....It absolutely is a liberty issue where we potentially might be forced to take these and potentially get boosters for god knows how long because we have a "moral obligation" to protect some obese people with diabetes. Not to mention who has the ability to get this very vaccine if they are so scared. Some of us don't confuse public health with being obese and jabbed with experimental drugs. Your only concern for all of the "selfish" people to get vaccinated is a worry to not have your cruise inconvenienced by some panic we, ourselves, created......

You really must have an issue with obese people since you are honing in on only them. Makes me wonder.🤔 Maybe you need to open up your closed mind and realize that there are other people who are susceptible thru no fault of their own. Old age (you will be there to so don’t forget that), people born with defects, people who worked in industries with chemicals and it wasn’t know at the time they were harmful, hereditary issues and I can go on and on. As for the rest of your comments, it’s not even worth my time. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Perhaps you meant 'Because to refuse to admit..."?   Assuming that, I think this is at the very least a reasonable hypothesis. 

You are right.  Thank you.  Can't edit unfortunately.

5 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

If I might, please, please do NOT laminate your vaccination card!

It will make things difficult should boosters be necessary. Take a picture of it with your phone (so you always have it with you) and put the real one with your passport...that way you know where it is.

We laminated copies. These are not cards. They a full 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets of paper....rather cumbersome. 

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

There is no more "fact" that they are under reported anymore than the claim that they are over reported. It isn't a fact simply because you want to believe it. Perhaps, the biggest supporting "evidence" for the COVID death number is the excess deaths. From that perspective, they tend to agree with the number we've come to. To say COVID deaths are underreported starts to go into the territory that less people died of other causes than previous years. I'd like to see what other facts support that. Especially when we factor in a year that undoubtedly had additional challenges in areas like depression and sedimentary lifestyles, to name a few. There are countless stories out there of false claims. The other way around, not so much.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

You really must have an issue with obese people since you are honing in on only them. Makes me wonder.🤔 Maybe you need to open up your closed mind and realize that there are other people who are susceptible thru no fault of their own. Old age (you will be there to so don’t forget that), people born with defects, people who worked in industries with chemicals and it wasn’t know at the time they were harmful, hereditary issues and I can go on and on. As for the rest of your comments, it’s not even worth my time. 

Obesity was just an example. Especially used as an irony piece as we are so concerned about "public health". We'll gladly compare COVID death rates with other countries so we can quickly point blame to our political opponents. But how dare we look at actual health lifestyle choices in those same countries. New Zealand this. New Zealand that. Oh, they are an isolated island and their obesity rate is 30% vs our 40%. It's clearly because of (insert victim statement).

For the rest of your comment, I agree, there are many other different susceptible people. They are free to take as many vaccines as they want. There no longer needs to be any concern as why my vacationing is a health concern for them though.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Of course as are vaccinated folks. As much as some wish it to happen, nothing has changed. Perhaps the real question is "Are vaccinated folks a priveleged class?" And of course the answer is no as well. 

It’s a choice not a privilege

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I so agree with you. It only becomes a privilege when some are allowed to do things that others aren't. 

I really can’t believe you just said that. So you think you should be able to do everything someone else can do? Do you feel your freedom is being taken away? Never mind answering. I already know what you’re going to say. 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thanks, I find it fascinating the different approaches taken in different locales.

When this is all done, some college somewhere will be offering a class "Public Health Policies amidst Covid-19", I will sign up for the online version, it will be enlightening.

In retrospect, I am glad the previous administration left it up to the states and the current administration left that at least alone.  Each locale is different.  I am not a fan of how my state handled covid and the prioritization of some education before some over 75 back in January but I did agree with the super sites and allowing younger population to get vaccine earlier (April).  My feeling is the younger ones are out working or congregating and why not just vaccinate them? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I so agree with you. It only becomes a privilege when some are allowed to do things that others aren't. 

I'm already hearing if there is no benefit to being vaccinated why should I bother getting it. If you cant go maskless into a grocery store and there is no benefit, no thanks. 

The cdc needs to realize there should be a benefit. A incentive, unless they dont want this to end. Dallas has cleared their wait lists. There are no waiting lists any more. We have more doses than people willing to sign up. Give it another couple of weeks and I'm sure so will other places be having a excess. People say let someone else have my dose and laugh and walk away. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm already hearing if there is no benefit to being vaccinated why should I bother getting it. If you cant go maskless into a grocery store and there is no benefit, no thanks. 

The cdc needs to realize there should be a benefit. A incentive, unless they dont want this to end. Dallas has cleared their wait lists. There are no waiting lists any more. We have more doses than people willing to sign up. Give it another couple of weeks and I'm sure so will other places be having a excess. People say let someone else have my dose and laugh and walk away. 

Are you suggesting that the greatest benefit of being vaccinated is being able to remove your mask and circulate freely in the local grocery store?  To me, the benefit is related to a reduced chance of becoming infected and ill from CV-19.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I agree.  I have 5 children 19 to 31.  3 are vaccinated for work/internship.  The other 2 simply refuse to get vaccine because they watch and read news and have determined that its a waste of time to get vaccinated as they still have to get tested if international travel, still have to wear masks, still restrictions everywhere...why bother?  They tell me a lot of their friends feel the same way.  I think the media and the government officials really handled this rollout too negatively.  It was almost as if they were afraid to give any encouragement or hope.  My husband said the other day he wouldn't have bothered getting vaccinated if only for travel.  We see no difference in our area of any light at the end of the tunnel.  Just more of the same gloom and doom.  This is just my opinion though.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Are you suggesting that the greatest benefit of being vaccinated is being able to remove your mask and circulate freely in the local grocery store?  To me, the benefit is related to a reduced chance of becoming infected and ill from CV-19.

I agree with you.  However look at the other side.  If masks are going to be permanent, why get vaccine?  If there is no progressive relaxation of rules, why bother?  Im not talking about cruises.  Im talking about everyday life.  I was vaccinated because of my job and because I didnt want the full blown covid.  But if I could get the same result from wearing a mask, why bother with vaccine when you still have to mask up and social distance?  Just playing devils advocate here.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Well yes that for me would be the benefit.  Cancer and heart disease are still the leading causes of death.  I was no more worried about becoming ill from covid then from everything else that could make me ill or kill me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I really can’t believe you just said that. So you think you should be able to do everything someone else can do? Do you feel your freedom is being taken away? Never mind answering. I already know what you’re going to say. 🙄🙄🙄

Privilege and Freedom are two different things.

You really need to chill out a bit and simmer down. Not everyone is wrong in life because they disagree w/ your social & political thoughts.  Deal w/ it. 

• Like 3