The Daily for Wednesday Apr 14, 2021

richwmn

@St. Louis Salgood luck with the drug trial and hopefully you will not have the placebo.  Great news that you were accepted!

Someone mention Hellesylt and my photo book reminded me that on our way to Geiranger that day in 2016 we saw a rainbow over Hellesylt.   It's faint but still...  You can see the town off in the distance right under the rainbow.enhance

And here is the famous Captain D. D. keeping close watch in the fjord.  He was (and probably still is) so proud of his native country, Norway.enhance

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you for thinking of me, but Roy, @rafinmd, you can take me off the care list.  I can't even feel the spot where the doctor took a bit of me, and I will return in a week to have the 2 stitches out.  Then, of course, a wait for biopsy results, but he said again he thinks it is benign.  

@St. Louis Sal, I do wish all the best for you in the drug trial.

We have been to Geirangerfiord, the fiord itself was spectacular, and we loved the town - especially the sod roofs and the trolls!  It was a wonderful cruise, on Maasdam, we had our DD withy us, in a Neptune suite.

P1020512.thumb.JPG.fc5fbaac12427f6cb1cad2462f46f1c9.JPGP1040638.thumb.JPG.961b5a0646a6b47411230eaadc74aec0.JPGP1040642.thumb.JPG.a645f3d5599c0b3c404c8ca16d8f8894.JPGP1020486.thumb.JPG.1b3a333de7eea8dda1ec5eaf5acdfcc7.JPGP1020503.thumb.JPG.60606435a918966ee78b351644a2e062.JPGP1040605.thumb.JPG.3f3f9cdd4bcd6d22d9c7fedb7faf9647.JPG

P1020783.JPG

I love your photos!  You included a nice variety of sights.  Norway is one of our favorites to visit.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Only disappointment was, they had told me earlier this trial would not include a placebo, but it does, so I have a 1 in 5 chance of not getting the drug. May 5 will be day one.

Good luck with the trial.  I hope you don’t get the placebo 🤞 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We have an ex in the family- my cousin's daughter's ex is a contractor and handyman and is still a great help to everyone in the family, so we certainly appreciate him!

A little humour for the day...

OMG Ann, what a hoot!  😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good Afternoon, Evening, Night, Morning to posters in all continents.  (that is my global outreach!)

Since Monday the lockdown we have been under has eased and we are now permitted to travel within our county or 20kms if close to a county border! (There are 32 counties in Ireland and Cork is the largest in size).  Restaurants are still closed except for carry out, and non essential retail is still closed.  Schools are fully reopened, but third level (university etc) is still closed.

I am still on my first spouse, and we have learned to laugh with each other and at each other.  It is now over 52 years since we met and we often say to each other that we would not enjoy being young again these days! 

Best wishes to all of you with medical/surgical procedures planned or hoped for.

We were in Geraingerford in May 2017 as part of our North Cape cruise on Rotterdam.  It was a memorable cruise and we really enjoyed it.

DSC01633.JPG

DSC01642.JPG

DSC01643.JPG

DSC01694.JPG

DSC01709.JPG

DSC01710.JPG

• Like 27

Good morning and thanks all!  

We enjoyed Geirangerfjord!  What an incredible view!  We were on the Rotterdam out of Rotterdam,  with our DS on his first cruise.    We had dinner every night with a very interesting divorce attorney from Manhattan. 

Well  it is finally spring!  

74163C18-1ED4-4C7D-BBC2-A3C020F905A3.jpeg

• Like 18

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. Never had a spouse, so no ex. We all need some laughter in our lives every day!

Good quote.

I like the meal sans artichokes. I think Roy's meal is more my style. Haven't heard of the drink.

I' haven't been to that Fjord. I'll live vicariously through others' great pictures.

It's nice hear today, but potential snow flurries on Friday. Ugh.

@Horizon chaser 1957 - yay on getting an appointment!

@St. Louis Sal - hopefully you get the real drug, and get switched to it later if you got the placebo.

Prayers to the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask/social distance.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
Today April 14th takes me back to a very nice day on the Prinsendam in 2019 to a nice special event . 

The manager of the Lido and the Canaletto on that cruise was Rifki whom we had met previously on a couple of other cruises and we had a special bond with . His right hand server in the Canaletto , Metha had told me that it was Rifki’s birthday on the 14th so DW and I went to the dining room and I asked them there for a Birthday cake , they said why is that so I mentioned that upstairs in the Canaletto it was our friend Rifki”s birthday today and we would like to surprise him .

With birthday cake in hand we went upstairs saw Rifki and started singing Happy Birthday in English and also in Dutch ( which as I mentioned before sounds like the Indonesian BD song ) to a very surprised Rifki :

DSCN8607.thumb.JPG.902b4f82dccef6b50d0524d5aee6e37f.JPG

DSCN8609.thumb.JPG.0de99897f7170dec3375a1527e5157c4.JPG

DSCN8610.thumb.JPG.d057cf4f661e1fb7246f80516906d592.JPG

After four of us had dinner in the Canaletto  Rifki  came to us and said Tony I have to show you this on my phone and he showed me a Video of his young son , about 6 , 7 or 8  in Indonesia , who had decorated the  whole living room of his home with streamers and signs for his daddy  who was at work at sea and also sang for his daddy ………. Rifki had tears in his eyes  so I will never forget this special day April 14th ……….

Thinking of you today Rifki , Happy Birthday , and all of the crew of the Blue Hulled Beauties who spend 6 , 8 or 10 month at sea away from their families .

We often think of all of these wonderful people that we have met on our cruises working hard on all of the ships who have made our cruising so very special and with the Covid going around also can’t wait to come back .

Roy @rafinmd do you please a a place for them on the care list ?

I’m nominating this one for Post of the Year.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We have an ex in the family- my cousin's daughter's ex is a contractor and handyman and is still a great help to everyone in the family, so we certainly appreciate him!

A little humour for the day...

Too funny.

I’m not showing this to our Golden, who earns his nickname “His Nibs” daily.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning everyone.

Some interesting celebrations today.  I have no ex spouse to celebrate, so that is a good thing.  The few members of the family that do would celebrate the ex status.   We do have one lawyer in the family and we appreciate all the help he has given to us.  Now, the laughter part I'll take.  We all need to laugh.  Let's see if I can do that after a visit to the dentist for a broken tooth.

I have been to Geirangerfjord and it is stunningly beautiful.  We went to the top of Mt. Dalsnibba for the view back down and WOW!   In the afternoon we did a RIB adventure.  That was one of the coolest things we did.  We were right at water level and able to get up close enough to the waterfalls to touch them.  I'd go back in a heartbeat.   

Today's meal gets good reviews.  A couple of people thought it was bland, but it does seem to have a good combination of seasonings.  You'll have to decide!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/parmesan-chicken-with-artichoke-hearts/

1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup artichoke mixture: 339 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.

Parmesan chicken with artichoke hearts.jpg

I have another recipe that is similar, that we just love.  The topping is more like the one on the Tomato Pie - but with artichoke hearts.  It does use parmesan (I think I use a mix of cheeses) and mayo.  I plan to make it tonight....

https://www.food.com/recipe/artichoke-and-chicken-bake-69089

1116839329_ScreenShot2021-04-14at12_33_51PM.thumb.jpeg.233bd5ef38aeca23ff615c38cd808eff.jpeg
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have another recipe that is similar, that we just love.  The topping is more like the one on the Tomato Pie - but with artichoke hearts.  It does use parmesan (I think I use a mix of cheeses) and mayo.  I plan to make it tonight....

1116839329_ScreenShot2021-04-14at12_33_51PM.thumb.jpeg.233bd5ef38aeca23ff615c38cd808eff.jpeg

This one looks very easy and I bet it would be quite tasty.   The tomato pie was one of my favorites.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Today in 2018, we were in Gibraltar. This was a port I was really looking forward to and it did not disappoint! I took a tour that drove all over the island, up the cable car, and into the Siege Tunnels. I definitely want to go back - 

DSC_0286.thumb.JPG.8dfd1a5ffe57b4d8a08441a33375855e.JPG

796969025_DSC_0317(2).thumb.JPG.71e6260be9afb75c9d2efb3c3fc0502b.JPGDSC_0344.thumb.JPG.dacaff8d260301bf49c6b07468c93c3a.JPGDSC_0336.thumb.JPG.cbc4178dea965a3798d9e23fcc3f6818.JPG

S$

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Today in 2018, we were in Gibraltar. This was a port I was really looking forward to and it did not disappoint! I took a tour that drove all over the island, up the cable car, and into the Siege Tunnels. I definitely want to go back - 

DSC_0286.thumb.JPG.8dfd1a5ffe57b4d8a08441a33375855e.JPG

796969025_DSC_0317(2).thumb.JPG.71e6260be9afb75c9d2efb3c3fc0502b.JPGDSC_0344.thumb.JPG.dacaff8d260301bf49c6b07468c93c3a.JPGDSC_0336.thumb.JPG.cbc4178dea965a3798d9e23fcc3f6818.JPG

We have been there twice and I would go back again as I really enjoy this port.

• Like 9

No ex spouse here. Gary and I were married for 57 years till death did us part.

I honestly could not remember whether or not we went to Geirangerfjord on our VOV cruise. After seeing the beautiful photos I believe that was a port that we missed. My favorite memory of the Norweigen fjords is cruising very slowly under Pulpit Rock.

Since my entire working career was with insurance claims, mostly litigated claims I have always appreciated attorneys. Much easier to deal with than the claimants who have damaged property or injurys.

This is a reminder to me that I should contact my attorney to update my will, power of attorneys, estate planning etc. I have put it off for far to long.

Jane

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks Ann, I’m trying this tonight.  Substituted the artichokes with celery (gotta use what you have it’s a decent substitute), added mushrooms and onions and herbs de Provence.  We’ll see.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, highscar said:

Love Gibraltar.   The caves are amazing. So is the airport landing strips.  Had a monkey on my head looking for something. They tell you not to have food in your hands. 

I couldn’t get over that airport landing.  It was included in our private tour and I was like huh?  He just told me we had to do it so I said ok.

I didn’t get it at all until we got there.  They had it timed for a plane OMG.

It was amazing.  

No monkeys on my head, thankfully but we enjoyed them a lot.

• Like 12

Today is a RED letter day!  For the first time in 18 months, we went to our favorite Mexican food place and ate inside.  Last year, we did takeout a few times.  We were glad they managed to stay in business this past year.  We went mid-afternoon when it normally not very crowded.  It wasn't crowded, but there were a few more people at that time than usual.  I guess they were being careful too.

The last time we had a get together with neighbors for a meal was Thanksgiving 2019, and the last restaurant we ate in was on the Rotterdam in early 2020.

It really felt good to do something so normal.  Tomorrow, it will be back to cooking.

Lenda

• Like 20

Thank you Rich, Roy, the drinks and recipe ladies and everyone who enjoys the Daily.

No ex's, one nice estate attorney, and laughing is indeed the key to success.

Got up really early after a bad night's sleep to get DH to the hospital.  The catheritzations went well.  His stents and arteries are clear and there is no sign of pulmonary hypertension.  He is resting now at home.  Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers!

I will now have a glass of wine and relax.

Love all the pictures of the fjord and the other pics too.

Prayers for all those on the care list and those who need them.  Best wishes to all.

• Like 11